PDA

View Full Version : More from 1stSgt Grainger

thedrifter
10-03-06, 08:47 AM
More from 1stSgt Grainger
Posted By Blackfive

Via Seamus, here's another installment from our favorite Marine First Sergeant, 1stSgt Ben Grainger:

It’s been a tiring few days in the city. The cars are still exploding but everyone is fine. Must be bad carburetors or something. Took doc out with the ambulance and patched up a lot of kids feet from all the broken glass on today’s. Once again a lot of businesses and homes caught in the explosion of another suicide bomber. They continue to set themselves back by hurting their infrastructure as fast as we can help it get established. We followed the blood trails up apartment stairs and found several kids and adults with cuts as every window was blown out all the way up the three story building. Streets and alleys’ were covered with car parts and glass. An engine block about a hundred yards down the road and no semblance of a car other than the thousand parts up and down the roads and across all the sidewalks for about a two block radius. The Humvee that got hit survived quite well remarkably. The equipment we drive and wear has come a long way since the war started in 2003, I can attest to that. Marines are getting shot with large caliber weapons and walking away. Humvees are getting hit with suicide cars, that are totally obliterated, and surviving the blast intact.
<...>
The Marines have faced many trial and tribulations out here that are part of the stresses of deployment. I have seen them every deployment I have been on and have yet to deploy when everyone came home to a happy return. What we faced here, stays here, what we return to, for most, is happier than anything you can imagine. There are many new children that were not quite here yet when we left. Some will marry their sweet hearts and some will just be happy to be with family again. But there are those that could not beat the stress of deployment, not the Marines or sailors, but those that waited at home. There will be a few less girlfriends than when we left and a few Marines are returning to divorces this also is inevitable. I have Marines and sailors that may need jobs also. You will find no better person whether he is as an employee or just someone to be with than those who return with me. You have someone who is use to working 7 days a week and about 1 8 to 20 hours a day ad does not know the word quit until the job is done. If you need a good employee I will have list available shortly after I return, call me and we can match you up with what you’re looking for.

Well as usual I am catching hell lately for working when I am supposed to be down so I am out of here for another night. Someone proof read for me, my crayola just broke.

1stSgt Grainger
Charlie Company,
1st Bn 25th Marines
UNIT 72190
FPO AE 09509-2190

FYI, 1/25th are New England based US Marine Corps Reservists.

Ellie