PDA

View Full Version : How often does AD get to come home?

Adam1988
09-13-06, 01:44 AM
I know you get 10 days after boot camp before reporting to MCT or SOI. After MCT/SOI it is to my knowledge that you go straight to your MOS school, then after your MOS school you go perform your duties. My question is, how often in between all of this do you get to come home for a day or two, or make phone calls home? I hear you get weekends off and 30 days off a year. No I'm not worried about not being able to come home very often or anything, I'm just curious and I've had a few family members ask as well. Thanks Marines!

STA0311
09-13-06, 07:09 AM
Well....10 days after Boot, then you go from your Field Training (MCT/SOI) to your MOS School. I got another 10 days after SOI but that is rare. Once you are in the Fleet you get Leave Blocks to use SOME not all of those 30 days a year. I used to go home from LeJeune to Michigan on 96's all the time.

SgtGorman
09-13-06, 08:47 AM
Well, I suggest you not to take leave a lot because of financial issues. Recently, most of the plane tickets are expensive. I used to take 10 days after boot leave, and 7 days after MOS school. Once I was in the fleet, I took about 5 days per year for vacation only. I saved most of my earned leave days for terminal leave. When I left the Marine Corps from active duty, I was on terminal for 60 days...while on 60 days...I just stay home and still get paid. (terminal leave pays more: basic pay, allowances, plus BAH own right...if you are not married).

at1once
09-13-06, 09:32 AM
Yes plane tickets are expensive, but if you save all year for it and plan it might not be so bad. I try to take leave once a year about a week to two weeks and I try to take it in the summer or durning the holiday time. Depending on where you are stationed you maybe able to drive home or catch a ride with someone home on a 96. 96's (96 hours off some times more) are holilday time off usualy they start on a friday and end on a Monday or Tuesday. This depends on when your 96 starts.

Leave You will get 2.5 days of leave for every month in. Try to add up days before you take a lump of them. By the time you get to your first duty station you will not have many days on the books so wait a while before you try to put in for leave again. Any ways you would have been coming from home any ways.