PDA

View Full Version : Getting sore in Boot Camp?

Adam1988
09-12-06, 12:12 AM
My question is about muscle soreness in boot camp. After a heavy work out, my muscles can't pretty much perform anything. The next day they hurt so bad and feel so tight I could probably only get about 5 push ups and a pull up off (but thats from doing 110 pushups and 14 pull ups the day before.)

I know in boot you PT every day, but what if your body is physically uncapable of performing the PT or an obstacle course (ex: climbing ropes) because your arms are so sore? Or is this something I should completely not worry about? Do you get time for your body to heal, or what?

Once again sorry if this has been addressed before but I did a search and came up with nothing.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-12-06, 01:33 AM
You won't be given a chance to "rest" but you'll be OK. I don't remember ever thinking I was too sore to do what I was told. In fact, I'm not sure I remember being sore at all.

Just remember, thousands of people have done it before you, and they were fine. You will be too, just keep preparing yourself as well as you can and you'll be fine.

Marine84
09-12-06, 08:04 AM
Well, what you gonna do when you get sore and haven't had as much sleep as you think you need? Poor baby.......................(I HOPE my sarcasm is coming through loud and clear)

jinelson
09-12-06, 08:23 AM
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body!

fiasco1371
09-12-06, 09:37 AM
Yeah, if you're worried about time to heal, the Army has programs for that. You'll be ok. You won't hve time for your muscles to heal but you probably won't notice half way through second phase. It's all in your head, remember that.

at1once
09-12-06, 09:58 AM
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body!

THAT was and is still one quote that keeps me going.

Adam1988
09-12-06, 12:17 PM
Yeah, if you're worried about time to heal, the Army has programs for that. You'll be ok. You won't hve time for your muscles to heal but you probably won't notice half way through second phase. It's all in your head, remember that.

Haha no thanks!

rktect3j
09-12-06, 03:26 PM
Do you get time for your body to heal, or what?

Plenty of time for the body to heal. After your contract is up.

His_angel
09-12-06, 04:07 PM
First off they build up all along. But when you get up you don't have time to lollygag around and worry about something as insignificant as some muscle soreness. You hit the deck and start moving immediately. You're going all day long. Physically and mentally engaged. Or at least you should always ben mentally engaged in whatever the task. Thus not much time to dwell on, "owww my doggies are barkin."

Angel

yellowwing
09-12-06, 05:08 PM
You'll be conditioned as a Warrior. Relax, you'll be okay.

The Battle of Fallujah lasted five or six days with Marines getting 20 minutes of sleep here and there and an a MRE when they could. They did their job in spectacular fashion. They replaced the Army's vaunted 82nd Airborne and got the job done.

Our Father's Battle of Hue City lasted over three weeks! We condition Warriors to win.

Adam1988
09-13-06, 01:33 AM
Alright, thanks Marines. I should of never questioned myself.

SgtGorman
09-13-06, 08:30 AM
My question is about muscle soreness in boot camp. After a heavy work out, my muscles can't pretty much perform anything. The next day they hurt so bad and feel so tight I could probably only get about 5 push ups and a pull up off (but thats from doing 110 pushups and 14 pull ups the day before.)

I know in boot you PT every day, but what if your body is physically uncapable of performing the PT or an obstacle course (ex: climbing ropes) because your arms are so sore? Or is this something I should completely not worry about? Do you get time for your body to heal, or what?

Once again sorry if this has been addressed before but I did a search and came up with nothing.

Obviously, PT three time a week...and other physical activities are between those days. Such as O-course, Confidience course, martial arts, and etc... after PT is drill and classes. Therefore, you have enough time to heal up. If you worry too much about it, then I recommend you to work-out everyday. In this case, your body gets use to it....so, you don't feel lot of soreness when you get there.

J-Ro
09-13-06, 12:12 PM
Haha no thanks!

it certainly sounds like your worrying about that. Boot camp is not a walk in the park it's physically and Mentally demanding Adam.

Suck it up!!!:evilgrin:

Echo5November
09-17-06, 11:29 AM
If you're sore, just tell your drill instructor you have a charlie-horse and they'll stop training the platoon and massage it out for you.

elmo65
09-19-06, 01:33 PM
One thing to say to your self is "IF I ONLY USE MY HEAD I WONT BE IN SO MUCH PAIN IF I ONLY USE MY HEAD " from my Drill In. sgt Hodge in 1986