PDA

View Full Version : Exact MOS rather then 02XX

brainpan
08-21-06, 08:55 AM
My recruiter is out of town this week and I was curious: when do I get to determine my EXACT MOS? I have a contract for 02 intelligence but, I want to know when I would get assigned say 0231 Intel Spec? MOS school? Or before then?

Camper51
08-21-06, 11:53 AM
Your MOS is determined after you complete your schooling. When I went through MOS School there were several times that the class size was reduced and cuts were made. MOS's were then given to those who were cut for what they were qualified for. Those who went on and were cut later got a different MOS and maybe additional training, and those who successfully completed the course were given yet another MOS.

In my particular class we had two cuts for the course. The first cut was the bottom 1/3 of the class and with a 92 I got cut (our class scores ranged from 90-97 out of 100). Any school would have kept me going with a 92 but this was the Marine Corps.

I was sent on to my first duty station and promptly put into the next class of people (my classmates, actually) for further training in what was the 2nd cut from our class (1/2 the remaining people). I wound up with three MOS's by the time I was a PFC (Primary and two secondary). As my career went on and I gained rank, I was given yet another MOS, in my field for a total of four MOS's, all in my basic MOS.