PDA

View Full Version : Question about boot camp.

Marusak
08-21-06, 04:38 AM
I was wondering what you have to do to become the platoon Honorman? Something tells me you must be the best of the platoon, but is there anything more than this?

Camper51
08-21-06, 11:29 AM
Nope, It's that simple, be the best out of 80 other men in your platoon. Best at PT, Best at classwork, Best at marching, Best at LEADING, Best at the rifle range.

In other words STAND OUT by showing the world and your Drill Instructors that you have what it takes.

In my short life here on earth and in the Marine Corps I have also learned one other thing. YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT be the best if you think you are. Most people who stand head and shoulders above the rest are not even aware that they do...
Braggarts and showoffs never make it and are usually quickly relagated to the bottom of the sh*tpile because they do not have humility...

Marusak
08-22-06, 01:13 AM
Well then maybe I have a shot! Obtaining platoon Honorman is a goal, one I don't think I can make but I sure as hell would like to. Thanks for the reply, and you better believe I will give it my all.