PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Boot Camp

WJason777
08-18-06, 05:21 PM
My first question, when your are in boot camp on and average how much sleep do you get a night?
Second, Lets say boot camp is about to end and you passed everything is there a way that i could go home in Dress Blues?

Camper51
08-18-06, 05:57 PM
You get plenty of sleep so don't worry about it. You are not going to get to sleep in but you will get six to eight hours most nights.

As to dress blues there is one sure way to go home in blues... Earn top honors in your platoon. The platoon Honorman gets dress blues. The only other way is to buy them, but you won't have time in bootcamp to get that done, you will have to do that later...

WJason777
08-18-06, 06:06 PM
One other thing could you give me and estament of how much money would you bring home from boot camp?

outlaw3179
08-18-06, 06:12 PM
Buy your dress blues on visitors Thursday . If you dont need them tailored to bad ,then you can wear them home if you so choose. Obviously you cant just wear them if you feel like it during graduation, but you can have them for the plane ride home or to wear them when you get home.

WJason777
08-22-06, 05:42 AM
Can anyone give me and estament of how much money i will bring home from boot camp?

STA0311
08-22-06, 09:31 AM
Sounds to me like someone has their priorities mixed up!

WJason777
08-22-06, 10:33 AM
No i was just wondering, somewhere i read that they take out money for uniforums and things like that. I was just wondering

SgtGorman
08-26-06, 02:29 AM
No i was just wondering, somewhere i read that they take out money for uniforums and things like that. I was just wondering

Well; if you are joining the Corps, and looking for money. I think you join for the wrong reason. But you'll have about $1300.00 average after everything are paid such as photos, video, books and etc. All the uniforms are already in there, you are also issued $300.00 in advanced so you can shop at the PX once in awhile. I am not sure if Married Recruites are entitled to other allowances or not; but when I was in the boot camp...we didn't get those. I know the DODFMR/ and MarAdmin had modified several times on sessions pipeline.

Marine84
08-26-06, 08:10 AM
And.........as an added bonus...........you don't have to pay for a lot of the stuff that eats your money up anyway after that - medical, dental, housing, food, utilities, travel (as long as you can enjoy where the Corps sends you) - DANG! I miss THAT part!

WJason777
08-26-06, 10:32 AM
Are the Dress Blues included too?

His_angel
08-26-06, 01:36 PM
Are the Dress Blues included too?

No. That's why it was suggested you BUY dress blues on family day.

Angel

YLDNDN6
08-26-06, 05:44 PM
And if you plan on buying your blues, count on parting with a considerable portion of your boot camp bucks! Those babies have to be earned through blood, sweat and tears, then paid for in cash. Just do it! It's been 23 years since I got mine, and they are still a source of tremendous pride.

V65racer
09-11-06, 08:37 AM
And if you plan on buying your blues, count on parting with a considerable portion of your boot camp bucks! Those babies have to be earned through blood, sweat and tears, then paid for in cash. Just do it! It's been 23 years since I got mine, and they are still a source of tremendous pride.
I never bought mine, Had a pregnant wife at the time, I had to prioritize certain things. I should have bought the Blues. The marriage lasted 9 years, I'll always be a Marine.
Footnote. The child from that marriage is now 21. He went Airborne.
Oh, the shame......:-).
He's scheduled to be deployed to Iraq this year.

Semper Fi.

cplbrooks
09-11-06, 08:56 AM
At MCRD San Diego our whole platoon graduated in Blues. They will cost you about $300 - $350. If you pay your recruiter the money you could ask him to order them for you so that you can have them tailored before you leave so that they will fit when you get back. He can order them online.

We got $900 in cash when we graduated boot camp. That was awhile ago.

SgtGorman
09-11-06, 09:23 AM
At MCRD San Diego our whole platoon graduated in Blues. They will cost you about $300 - $350. If you pay your recruiter the money you could ask him to order them for you so that you can have them tailored before you leave so that they will fit when you get back. He can order them online.

We got $900 in cash when we graduated boot camp. That was awhile ago.

I would not recommend you do this way. What if you don't graduate? What if you are dropped due to medical or other issues? "Don't count your chicken before they hatch."