PDA

View Full Version : MOS chances

ScottyG
07-31-06, 06:00 PM
Hey everyone let me first say that I think this site is great. Most of the postings I've read through are helpful and very encouraging. I'll be leaving for Boot Camp at San Diego during the last week of this month. Not to nervous now but I'm sure by the 28th I will be.

I was just wondering (if I make it through Boot Camp - and I certainly plan to) what the chances were of actually getting my requested MOS. Which was in the B7 catagory ("Weather Forecaster" was the one I really liked). I already took the ASVAB and qualified for every job within the Corp. I'll be more than willing to do whatever is asked of me but I would be more than happy to do the MOS I asked for. So what are your thoughts about this guys?

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-06, 12:57 PM
There is no way to tell, it just depends what the needs of the Corps are at the time they're cutting your orders.

wsimkins
08-01-06, 01:56 PM
I selected a zulu program and got lucky. I actually got orders to Supply School, which is what I really wanted.

Marine84
08-01-06, 03:07 PM
Weather Forecaster????????

Wtf?

wsimkins
08-01-06, 05:47 PM
That's gotta be a real no brainer job, sh*t, none of them are ever correct. Probably takes an ASVAB score equivelent to a rock.

Marine84
08-02-06, 08:44 AM
LOL!

Well, I looked out my window this morning and it looks like it's gonna be another hot day in Atlanta - yep, I'm right - it's 80 some odd degrees already at 10 AM.

Sorry dude - you gave us the ammo.................

Wes - your turn................