PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Major Mustang
01-02-03, 04:38 PM
Have been lurking here a few times and decided it was time to introduce myself. First, yes I really am a mustang Major. I enlised in 1955, PISC. Was a scoop dope at New River. Extended for...

wrbones
01-02-03, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard Major! Glad to have ya around. Grab a beer and cop a squat.

We got a good buncha Marines running around.

Welcome Home.

firstsgtmike
01-02-03, 05:27 PM
Welcome Aboard Major,

We were on Oki the same time. I was there from May 60 to July 64 with a five month break to CONUS. First tour as an RTOC instructor at Camp Kinser. When I returned to marry my honey, it was to Comm Co. Hq Bn at Camp Hauge.

I loved The Rock. I spent three days there in 95. You wouldn't recognize the place. I couldn't find where I had lived in Chibana, nor could I find Camp Hauge. It is all shopping malls and apartment complexes.

We were on Recruiting Duty at the same time. My 2nd tour was March 72 -December 75. I was a line Recruiter for two years and then on the Contact Team at 12th MCD Hq.

That was a GREAT tour.

You went bootstrap in 70, I was ADCOP, 69 and 70.

Welcome Home Brother!

Mike Farrell
Cagayan de Oro
Philippines

(The Rock isn't The Rock any more, Mindanao is a throwback in time)

virwar
01-02-03, 05:34 PM
Preeeesent--Arms. Welcome aboard and welcome home Sir. Semper Fi. Dave

thedrifter
01-02-03, 06:25 PM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD AND HOME."

Sempers,

Roger

Art Petersn
01-02-03, 07:10 PM
Welcome aboard Major.

I arrived at Parris Island Oct 30, 55, Platoon 169. I was also in the middle East on a deployment from Nov. 10, 56 to Feb. 4, 57.
Karachi, Bombay, Ceylon, Singapore and Hong Kong.

USMC0311
01-02-03, 07:50 PM
Semper Fi. Major. Welcome Home

MillRatUSMC
01-02-03, 10:05 PM
Sir, I join everyone else on welcoming you to one of best Marine Corps sites on the web.
It appears that many have one or more tours on the "Rock".
My tour was with L/3/9 in 1958, at that time the Regtiment was at Camp Sukiran, one Marine Regtiment on an Army base.
Spent a great deal time in Fatima.
Again extenting a Big Welcome...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Major Mustang
01-03-03, 04:41 AM
Marines, thanks for the very nice welcome aboard.

Semper Fidelis

Barndog
01-03-03, 04:54 AM
Welcome aboard, Sir. Damm glad to have ya here. Whatever ya do, don't let Bone's stick ya on firewatch.
Some things Marine never leave some of us......... LOL

Semper Fidelis

Tony 'Barndog' Barnhart

Kegler300
01-03-03, 06:50 AM
Welcome aboard Major!:D

gemntx
01-03-03, 07:14 AM
Welcome aboard Marine!:marine: Drop by the Slop Shute later for a cold one.

Glenn

mrbsox
01-03-03, 07:19 AM
Hand Salute

:marine:

"Appropriate Greeting, Sir"

Gunner42
01-03-03, 08:02 AM
:banana:
Great to have ya here Major. I haven't been a memeber long, but come here everyday now to see what's going on. Great site.

thedrifter
01-03-03, 08:21 AM
Gunner42

Welcome..........

You know the drill...........
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile...........
Their is always something going on......
The slope shute is always open.......so make sure you stop in for a couple of cold ones...........

Welcome Again!!!!!!!

Sempers,

Roger

MAJMike
01-03-03, 01:08 PM
Maj Mustang:

Give me a shout off-line. I'm in Atlanta and in the Marietta area 2-3 times a week. Would love to trade sea stories over a cold one - if you are disposed to toss one back with an AV8OR.

Mike Ventura

leroy8541
01-04-03, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Sir,

Welcome to the best damn company of prior marines on the net.

Semper Fi

firstsgtmike
01-04-03, 09:21 AM
Leroy,

I am NOT a prior Marine. I am a MARINE VETERAN!

Semper Fi

leroy8541
01-04-03, 09:28 AM
Sorry First Sgt. my bust.

The finest company of MARINE VETERANS, ACTIVE MARINES,PRIOR MARINES, and poolees and fixin to be MARINES.
(and a few wanna be MARINES here and there).

leroy8541
01-04-03, 09:31 AM
I love this site still gettin that butt chewed from the 1st sgt. in the morning thanks First Sgt. Mike you just made my week!!

Semper Fi

firstsgtmike
01-04-03, 09:34 AM
Nope,

Yer STILL missing something.

Can you imagine a woman saying "I used to be a mother, but my children are all grown"?

Scratch "prior Marines".

Semper Fi

leroy8541
01-04-03, 09:45 AM
You got a point there First Sgt. thank you for the education.
I never really liked that phrase " prior marine" anyway.

AYE AYE 1st Sgt. "prior marine" is now scratched.

SEMPER FI

mrbsox
01-04-03, 09:59 AM
Leroy....

Fought that personally for several years :D

EX, FORMER, ...... don't like either.

Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine.... I decided I'm a Marine with a Civilian M.O.S. :D

INCOGNITO

UNDERCOVER

STANDBY

What ever you want to call it...... PRIOR ACTIVE DUTY.

Semper Fi...... ALWAYS means ALWAYS

Terry

firstsgtmike
01-04-03, 10:15 AM
True story.. This is a "no sh itter".

Early 1980's, Sacramento, Ca. I was promoting myself as a real estate personality as a way of increasing my client base. When the nationally known real estate gurus came to town to promote their seminars, I was usually introduced and invited to speak.

In Paul Simon's (not the singer) introduction, he mentioned that I was an "ex- Marine". The first thing I did when I was handed the microphone was to straighten him and the audience out on that point.

About a year later, Paul and I were live taping an infomercial to promote a book I wrote and a series of audio tapes we had done together. He has the star, so he led off. When he introduced me, he told the story of the original "ex-Marine" introduction in Sacramento and my response.

The informercial played for about a year on cable tv. I don't know how many remembered, but everyone who saw it got the word, there ain't no such thing as an ex-Marine.

Interestingly enough, I received several phone calls from Marine vets who called to say Semper Fi.

Art Petersn
01-04-03, 04:15 PM
Top who used it first you or Ronald Regan (Priesident)

"There are no Ex Marines."

Major Mustang
01-05-03, 05:21 AM
MajMike -

Sounds like a plan. Send me an e-mail garytee @bellsouth.net.

Semper Fidelis

fishon
01-05-03, 09:29 AM
Glad to have U aboard MM. Always happy to see another Marine join us. I hope U enjoy the site as much as the rest of us. It is the best. I have been on other sites and they don`t compare to ours and the nicest guys U want to chat with .
Semper Fi, Frank