PDA

View Full Version : Remembering New Year's Eve in a foxhole

thedrifter
01-01-03, 12:03 PM
Remembering New Year's Eve in a foxhole <br />
<br />
Bert Campbell / Bert's Box <br />
<br />
Whenever the New Year holiday draws near, I think of one more than 50 years ago on a cold winter's night near the destroyed...

montana
01-01-03, 04:32 PM
was newyears 1970 we were out of Que son
we had been in the bush over a month moveing only at night
We found out later that there wae a big build up of NVA (that later hit and over ran LZ Ross )
I guess the brass was hopeing that some of them would stumble into us and that we would mess them up a little
Anyway we where all getting a little bumed being that we hadent had any action to give us something new to talk about
we wher set up for the night ...midnight roled around and off in the distances we saw Da nag, Baldy & Ross all set off a nice light display
I dont know who started it but as soon as the quit someone set off a green star cluster , then all H broke loos...ever and anything that would or could make a boom or light went off...even a cupple clamores...the 6 was running around screeming sees fire sees fire, if i cach who ever started this ill kill him with my bare hands
Geeee we thought he would of been proud of us...we almost put out as much light as all three ( Dag Baldy & Ross ) put together
darn good for 2 plts of grunts that where a little borer i thought