PDA

View Full Version : What did you miss the most at Boot?

WannabeDevildog
07-14-06, 10:27 AM
After re-taking the ASVAB and getting my physical I'll be signing on the dotted line. Even though the soonest I can ship isn't until Feb 2007, I'm already wondering what I'll miss the most during Boot Camp. What did you guys/gals miss the most?

Marine84
07-14-06, 10:48 AM
Mom's cooking, not getting laid for 3 months, not being able to smoke, my Daddy, my bed...........................

His_angel
07-14-06, 11:27 AM
I missed a bath. A real honest to goodness bathtub. Soaking in the hot water with bubbles. No bathtubs in boot. Was lucky to get more than a minute or two in the showers. Heck. That's what I missed most in Bahrain too. And our barracks rooms didn't have tubs either. So usually the only time I got to take a real bath was rent a hotel room, visit someone who had a tub or on leave.

For a while I missed having a few minutes alone. Open squadbay with 59 other gals and DI's. I loved when I finally got to do firewatch. With everyone asleep it would give me a few moments of darkness, quiet and alone. I use to volunteer for firewatch because most of the other recruits wanted the sleep. I wanted the alone time more than the sleep. Plus it gave me extra time to study, polish brass, or polish boots if it was in the squadbay. Of course firewatch was usually responsible for doing the laundry as well. Hard to read them names in the dark, find the racks, and put everything where it was supposed to be. But it was still some quiet time.

Angel

Korling
07-14-06, 03:50 PM
Sunday NFL Football (was there during the Bears 85 Super Bowl run, although I did graduate in time for the playoffs & Super Bowl), I missed most of there greatest season! I was/am a long-time fan, even went to the 2nd game of the season that year just before I went to boot!

outlaw3179
07-14-06, 06:43 PM
getting ass

Marine84
07-14-06, 08:21 PM
Outlaw I guess me and you were the only 2 so far to miss it?

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-15-06, 12:20 AM
Marine84, that's just because the rest of us didn't know you!

But really, I missed being able to just sit somewhere and decompress. It was either sleep or stress. Seeing the lights of San Diego on firewatch drove me insane, knowing there were people right there, living a normal life.

The snooze button is another thing I began to appreciate. It would have been nice to be able to hit the DI and get 10 more minutes of sleep!

Marine84
07-15-06, 09:43 AM
It would have been nice to be able to hit the DI and get 10 more minutes of sleep!

I heard that Echo! I get straight up when that alarm goes off every morning but I have trained myself over the years to not rush into my day - I get up an hour before I even have to get in the shower - HAHAHAHAHA!

marinegreen
07-15-06, 10:58 AM
Mom's cooking, not getting laid for 3 months, not being able to smoke, my Daddy, my bed...........................

lol,suzi rotten crotch payed dearly upon my arrival home, but that was after she touched me,talk about a premee:mad: ,~aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh~friggen toes even curled.:scared:

Marine84
07-15-06, 12:04 PM
OK NOW you got me rolling on the freakin floor! We gonna ruin this boy before he even gets to bootcamp!

His_angel
07-16-06, 01:46 PM
Outlaw I guess me and you were the only 2 so far to miss it?

I might have "missed" it if
A. I'd had more of it before boot ... and
B. If the quality of it had been better.

Probably goes back in part to that bath thing too. No matter how many showers I took in boot, I just never really felt "clean." Being there in the middle of summer I was usually too hot, too tired and too sweaty to think about gettin any.

Angel

vickymarine11
07-18-06, 04:51 PM
1) I missed wearing my hair down
2)missed greasyfood and soda but Warrior's breakfast and Liberty Sunday made up for that

Marine84
07-19-06, 08:19 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH we got a newbie in the house ya'll! Vicky I see you JUST graduated last Friday??????? Welcome to the neighborhood girl!

And THANK YOU for carrying on the tradition of the Women Marines!

Semper Fi Lil Sista!

USMC4EVA
07-22-06, 02:03 PM
I missed a good fatning meal.......OOO RAH

wsimkins
07-23-06, 07:12 AM
BEER, really wanted beer! Made up for that in the fleet.

Congrats Vicky! :marine:

Tobes03
07-23-06, 09:23 PM
1)Food
2)Alcohal
3)Fox News (I'm kinda a news junkie)