PDA

View Full Version : Which MOS?

WannabeDevildog
07-10-06, 11:53 AM
I've been talking to a recruiter lately about joining the Marines. I know I'm going to join reserves because finishing school is top priority. Here in Utah there are only two Marine reserve units. One is Fox Co. 2nd Bn. 23rd Marines, an infantry unit. The other is the 4th LAR. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but my recruiter told me it's basically an anti-tank unit. Can anyone out there tell me what the main difference is between the two? Also if anyone has experience with either MOS please share your knowledge.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-10-06, 01:14 PM
Simply put, 2/23 walks, 4th LAR doesn't. That is something to be remembered when selecting an MOS. As an 0311, your job is you with your boots on the ground. In LAR, you'll be riding (or driving) an LAV. As for what they do... those are pretty much the same.

They locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat.

WannabeDevildog
07-10-06, 11:17 PM
What was your MOS Echo Four Bravo? This may seem like a stupid question, but if you had to choose between 2/23 or 4th LAR, since they're pretty much the same, which would you choose?