PDA

View Full Version : Marine Who Wrote "Hadji Girl" Not Charged

Barret
06-29-06, 03:32 PM
Military Won't Discipline Marine
Stars and Stripes | By Jeff Schogol | June 28, 2006
<!--- End Article Title/Source/Date ---><!--- Start Article Content --->ARLINGTON, Va. — The Marine Corps has decided not to take disciplinary action against a Marine whose song “Hadji Girl” drew condemnation from a Muslim-American advocacy group and spawned a preliminary inquiry, according to the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing.
In a video posted on the Internet, Cpl. Joshua Belile sang a love song about a Marine who falls in love with an Iraqi girl, and is taken to meet her family. The girl’s family shoots her and then attacks the Marine, who uses her younger sister as a shield and watches blood spray from her head.
The song was slammed by the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which demanded an investigation by Congress and the Pentagon.
Belile, who is based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, N.C., apologized for the song in a local newspaper and vowed never to sing it again.
“I apologize for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community. This song was written in good humor and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic,” he told The Daily News of Jacksonville, N.C.
After launching a preliminary inquiry, the Marine Corps announced on Tuesday that Belile will not face a formal investigation into the matter or punitive measures for the video.
Belile could not be reached for comment by deadline on Tuesday.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations has already accepted Belile’s apology and left the question as to whether Belile should be disciplined up to the Marine Corps, said group spokesman Corey Saylor
“If that’s the decision they’ve made, we accept that,” he said.
<!--- End Article Content ---><!--- Continued ---><!--- Continued ---><!--- Begin Additional Article Features --->

Future-USMC-LT
06-29-06, 03:42 PM
Maybe CAIR should shut their pie-holes and start condemning the bastards that murdered and desicrated those two GIs instead, and start showing some support for the troops that are fighting for their freedom to live in this country. That Marine should have been more careful about the video getting out to the public, but that is no excuse for CAIR to get outraged at something so trivial.

ggyoung
06-29-06, 03:51 PM
No service man or women should be charged for making up songs while in a war zone. It is a way of letting of steam. It feels good to so.

Future-USMC-LT
06-29-06, 03:54 PM
:cool: :cool: Hell, if most civilians heard the way we talk or let off steam, they would be outraged.

devildoghopeful
06-30-06, 01:58 AM
LOL thats true, some of my classmates in school knew that I was a member of this site and had a little look....well lets just say I was given a WIDE berth in school the next day, they all think that I've got the Marines backing me up, LOL!

AmyG
06-30-06, 05:15 PM
Muslims can offend us and it's ok. But if we offend Muslims, we're terrible? Not that I would condone the song, but it wouldn't hurt for people just to chill. If we can learn to "put up" with their garbage, then they might as well learn to "put up" with us. People say stupid stuff about and to me, but big deal. They just don't know how foolish they look. Forget it and move on.