PDA

View Full Version : Just saw this on tv

Barret
06-28-06, 07:21 PM
:mad: Just saw on tv, that a muslim group just held a film festival somewhere in the U.S, that depicted the troops as evil pigs, and also shed a negative light on Jews. <br />
<br />
Meanwhile, I just opened...

Brooklyn
06-28-06, 07:51 PM
You're angry for the exact same reason they are. If anything you should be able to relate to them because you don't want our troops disrespected just as they don't want their people disrespected ( not talking about the radical insurgents or terrorists here, but the normal Islamic population ).

One of the things our founding fathers wanted for us was freedom of press. I'm taking American History 201 and American History 202 right now. You should see some of the cartoons that were drawn up depicting different news makers of the day. Still, they fought to give us the right to make the "evil pig" and "Jihad Girl" crap. If we don't like it all we can do is say "f*ck em and move on.

My .02 cent.

XheroX
06-28-06, 07:55 PM
It is rediculous I know, but what can we do. No matter what happens, there will always be something for people to complain about. As much as I wish I could put a stop to the way our troops are treated and dipicted I cannot, all I hope is that one day maybe those who choose to do these things will look back and see the err of their ways. The whole thing with the Muslims being angred about the song is well frankly, they are just looking for reasons to hate and frown upon the our beloved troops. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way arguing with you, it's just that I personally think no matter what we as a country do they will always attempt to find something to throw in our faces.

Barret
06-28-06, 08:09 PM
It's not so much of....Hmm....How do I say this......90% of the reason I'm mad is because the level of officiality. A Single Marine has a video that was leaked onto the internet (And I do agree, It did cross the line a bit) but the Muslims had and Official, Big Bash, everyone come look at this kind of thing. The Song the Marine Made was leaked by one of his friends probably (Maybe without permission). In my mind, its like an Entire army being allowed to march over an innocent village, but when one lone soldier flicks a ciggarate in the direction of the same village, he is treated as a monster.

XheroX
06-28-06, 08:15 PM
I completely agree, it's always worse when it's not them because when they do it, it's always justified in one way or another. Also like you said it probably wasn't even that Marine who let the song leak...

Brooklyn
06-28-06, 08:49 PM
It's not so much of....Hmm....How do I say this......90% of the reason I'm mad is because the level of officiality. A Single Marine has a video that was leaked onto the internet (And I do agree, It did cross the line a bit) but the Muslims had and Official, Big Bash, everyone come look at this kind of thing. The Song the Marine Made was leaked by one of his friends probably (Maybe without permission). In my mind, its like an Entire army being allowed to march over an innocent village, but when one lone soldier flicks a ciggarate in the direction of the same village, he is treated as a monster.

So you're saying theirs is worse because it was accepted by the other muslims? ( poor choice of words on my part but I think I get what you're getting at )

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way arguing with you, it's just that I personally think no matter what we as a country do they will always attempt to find something to throw in our faces.

I agree with this 100%. There is absolutely no way I see possible to "win the hearts and minds". Hopefully our leaders have a better idea of what needs to be done though. Otherwise my son will be fighting the same radicals that we are fighting today.

Barret
06-28-06, 09:04 PM
I feel like this is how we treat our own people. It's like everything has been flipped upside down:

A group of american Citizens can be praised by some liberals for burning a flag, But One soldier holding up a sign saying "Support Our Troops" Is Labeled as a Bastard,because that must mean that he is Pro-War, Which means he belives in killing innocent civilians.

Tallboot
06-28-06, 09:34 PM
If they can say what they wanna say, we can say what we wanna say period.

Focus Fate
06-28-06, 09:41 PM
If they can say what they wanna say, we can say what we wanna say period.

Thats the truth.

hawks
06-28-06, 11:28 PM
You may not agree with it, i do not at all, but its called freedom of speech. As for the Marine making that song, hes apart of the Marines, hes in a contract. Hes a professional. Can Barry Bonds write a song about all the ****ty fans and bad raps hes gotten about them, especially if its offensive? No, he cant. Its not really going to go over well when we're fighting Muslims and someone aprart of that fighting group makes a controversial song about it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-28-06, 11:59 PM
I don't see what was wrong with the song. It was about a Marine that didn't view the political and religious differences as a problem until some muslims decided to take action that was unacceptable. I just wish I had a copy of it on CD before it went away.

But, the difference in the two situations is pretty simple. The muslims in America that are depicting the troops as pigs are able to do so because they are willing to fight and die for them. The same muslims are upset because the Marines don't have a problem with killing terrorists, and they in fact think it is a good thing. The freedom of speech works both ways, not just to protect the idiots that like to hide behind it.

Personally, I think if they are such fans of calling our service members pigs, we should give our Soldiers and Marines pork to throw at everyone that asks for anything pig related.

kovanfleet
06-29-06, 12:06 AM
this is ridiculus. do they honestly think that there arent muslims over in hadji-land maken fun of not just american but all NON-muslims. the Council on American-Islamic relations needs stop being so hypocritical. the video isnt that bad any ways.

this is the video:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=871960643&n=2

Bachle
06-29-06, 04:28 AM
What you have to realize is that a lot of these people are quite brainwashed here. Religion in other parts of the world is used to comfort people, but here its used to control people. Think about it, what is the idea makeing women cover their entire bodys includeing their faces. It is so that since women can not show their faces, they can not truely develope a personality or close relationships outside of the house. They are in essence drones, not people but things. What is the idea of praying 5 times a day, every single day, as early as 5am or earlier, and for an entire month of the year fasting? It gets you into a rythem, and when you are fasting in the desert heat you are weak and unable to question, you may even "get a vision". Intresting they feel spiretuallity is linked to pain and non questioning obediance. They proudly put cartoons of say jesus in saudi arabia, but when some danish cartoonists published a few mohomed cartoons, holy **** people started litterally blowing themselfs up.

rb1651
06-29-06, 12:02 PM
Bachle,

Great post. It really makes you stop and think a little about their religious thinking.

devildoghopeful
06-29-06, 12:48 PM
I totally agree Bachle, it's the essence of the religion.

kovanfleet
06-29-06, 01:26 PM
What you have to realize is that a lot of these people are quite brainwashed here. Religion in other parts of the world is used to comfort people, but here its used to control people. Think about it, what is the idea makeing women cover their entire bodys includeing their faces. It is so that since women can not show their faces, they can not truely develope a personality or close relationships outside of the house. They are in essence drones, not people but things. What is the idea of praying 5 times a day, every single day, as early as 5am or earlier, and for an entire month of the year fasting? It gets you into a rythem, and when you are fasting in the desert heat you are weak and unable to question, you may even "get a vision". Intresting they feel spiretuallity is linked to pain and non questioning obediance. They proudly put cartoons of say jesus in saudi arabia, but when some danish cartoonists published a few mohomed cartoons, holy **** people started litterally blowing themselfs up.

:thumbup: straight from a man who is there

David Jameson
06-29-06, 02:12 PM
This will **** some people off. To bad .I get all misty eyed when some Jarhead gets ****es off the so called (american) Islamic Council.They have been strangly silent when people of thier faith,acting in the name of that faith ,have commited some of the most horrible crimes against humnity the world has seen in the last 30 years.What statement have they released when our people are blowen up ,shoot up or cut up .Not a sound out of them.Screw E"m

Tallboot
06-29-06, 06:15 PM
In there religion They do kill there women as a way of "purifying the family". Read a Newspaper Articale in class about it.

mlurtsema
06-30-06, 04:47 AM
Hell, when I was in boot camp, we used to sing Napalm sticks to kids. That probably crossed the line too -- but so what. War isn't friendly or nice. Either stop sending Marines out to do their job, or stop sending the press to watch.

Erthwerm
07-04-06, 01:26 PM
I have a few Muslim friends. The religion on a whole isn't that different from Judaism or Christianity, however some of their religious leaders want to oppress women for a reason unknown to me and nearly all of the peaceful followers of Islam. I'm not saying "I want to drop everything and convert," or "I want to move to Afghanistan," I'm just saying we tend to generalize because we see some things on TV or read a Newspaper Article that says "some followers of the faith do ________," and because it's published, we believe it's the truth for all of the faith. I'm also not defending what those religious leaders are doing, I'm just saying that Islam as a whole isn't an evil religion, however the people we're fighting are.

Secondly, what's the big deal with what the Marine is singing? It comes from Team America: World Police. If anything, he sounds more upset at the fact that he's become a global policeman and it doesn't sound like he resents the local populace. Just my opinion.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-04-06, 02:50 PM
Islam teaches that people must convert to their religion or be killed. Maybe you don't think that is evil, but I do.

hrscowboy
07-04-06, 05:18 PM
Lets kill some hogs and throw the blood on them and watch them squeal

Erthwerm
07-04-06, 05:34 PM
Islam teaches that people must convert to their religion or be killed. Maybe you don't think that is evil, but I do.

Anybody who preaches that is evil. However, I've never heard of that being taught in the Koran (the book upon which the faith of Islam is predicated.)

I'm not trying to be a jerk or to say you're wrong. In fact, I thank you for your service and hope to do the same service to the country you did. I'm only saying that since most of us do not have any knowledge of the religion, just knowledge of some who practice it, we cannot make a generalization. To say: "all who follow Islam are murderous swine" is to stoop to their level idealogically.

What the terrorists of 9/11 did, what Saddam Hussein did, what the insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan continue to do is evil and I'm not excusing in any way. I'm only saying they might be practicing a complete distortion of the Koran; just as Fidel Castro practices a distorted version of Karl Marx's communist manifesto. While I am a true capitalist and Republican, I have read Marx's literature and very little of it aims to make people suffer, unlike what Stalin, Castro and countless other communist leaders do to their people. Perhaps it's the same case here.

Once again, please don't take offense to my thread. I'm not defending the evils that exist in the world, I just don't want to be too hasty to think like them. I support our troops and I know we're doing the right thing over there. Let's not ruin it by adopting the mentality of those whom we despise.

mlurtsema
07-05-06, 07:59 PM
I studied comparative religions in college and had the opportunity to read the Quoran. It is filled with calls for violence -- it was shocking to me. That said, I do not recall it saying to kill or convert everyone to Islam. I do recall it saying to kill or convert anyone who does violence against Islam. Of course, this can be used to justify any type of violence.

semperfiman
07-05-06, 08:39 PM
i'm with you cowboy S F

Erthwerm
07-05-06, 08:49 PM
I studied comparative religions in college and had the opportunity to read the Quoran. It is filled with calls for violence -- it was shocking to me. That said, I do not recall it saying to kill or convert everyone to Islam. I do recall it saying to kill or convert anyone who does violence against Islam. Of course, this can be used to justify any type of violence.

So is the Old Testament, especially the book of Exodus. I'm not finding faults here, but a lot of religions justify their desire to be the chosen people with calls for violence. Anyway, that said, those extremists in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and where ever else they may be are completely f-ing crazy. I echo what HRSCowboy says.