PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please!!

USmaggot
06-07-06, 05:18 PM
hey guys...im doing a project for careers class and we have to do this big bristolboard presentation. i just need to know one thing. what are the hours of work in the USMC?? i told my teacher that you guys work when your needed but she wants me to come up with a basic outline for the work periods. so if u could get back to me by next week it would really be appreciated (also, there is NO sites that tell you about the hours of work).

BigCat1
06-07-06, 05:38 PM
The work day of a Marine is 24/7. There are certain MOS's that work a "9-5", but with that being said, every Marine, from the Commandant on down is a rifleman first and every Marine is ready for duty 24/7.

SSgtbhutton
06-07-06, 05:57 PM
Combat Marine works 7-5 during normal work week, trains for weeks at a time anually. 30 days spent at 29 palms for desert training, norfolk Va for heavy weapon training. Ship to shore opps training about 3 months of total field time. Also: mountain training 30 days, and cold weather 30 days. All in one year. In a four year period I was deployed 1080 days out of 1408. That includes float time, and training time spent when I was unable to sleep in my own bed at night.

Marine84
06-07-06, 06:15 PM
Pretty much 24/7.................all day every day. It was mostly 0700 - 1600 (if I remember correctly) Monday through Friday - seems like one weekend every other month or so (if there were enough Marines to rotate) you didn't actually go into work but you couldn't go anywhere or do anything (had to pretty much hang around the barracks) - same thing with one night (or 2) every month or so you had to work all day and go straight to the barracks and sit up all night there. And sometimes you get awakened in the middle of the night and you have like 5 - 10 minutes tops (if you live in the barracks) to get up, get dressed and get to your shop AND stay there until 1600 the following afternoon - ain't none of this go back to bed and start all over again at your normal time - HAHAHAHAHAHA! And this was during peacetime - I would HATE to see what the active ones go through now.

Yeah..............I think your teacher would take 24/7.

Sixguns
06-07-06, 07:03 PM
The Marine Corps operates 24 hours a day. To do this, some Marines work in a shift type rotation. That means some work from 0800 to 1600, others work from 1600 to 2359 and the later would work 0000 to 0800. Different MOSs have different requirements. Most garrison Marines work from 0730 to 1630. Combat operations are a totally different story.

USmaggot
06-07-06, 10:41 PM
Wow you guys rule!! :) , Thanks for all the help.

Semper Fi :iwo: