PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

SabiduriaYValor
05-15-06, 10:43 PM
My name is Guy, though everyone calls me Sidewinder after I got bit by one. Long story. Anyway, I'm alive and well, and I'm here because I'm thinking about joining the Marines. Or some branch of the military.

Of course, I haven't finished high school yet (sophomore, will be a junior in about 8 days) and I'm going to go to college first, without a doubt. But nevertheless, seeing as I'm at the point in life where my mom begins to bug me about what I'm going to do after high school, I figured I'd start asking around the various branches.

So, just popping in to introduce myself and explain who I am. Anything else, look at my Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/marinecorpsz25). It basically explains me in a nutshell.

Thanks, guys.:iwo:

devildoghopeful
05-16-06, 11:20 AM
Hey pal, welcome!
I (like you) came here to help me decide whether the Marine Corps was what I really wanted to do and I gotta say, this site has convinced me. The Marines, Poolies and wannabes here are nothing but helpful in giving insight about ANYTHING that has ANYTHING do to with the Marine Corps. Any question posed can be answered, there is always someone who knows the answer on this website.

Good luck with your decision,

Alex

Phantom Blooper
05-16-06, 11:45 AM
Yep whether it's the answer you want is debatable.

A decision can be made to join another branch of military service and that is respectable. But to join the Marines you are what the bumper sticker says: "THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES"

Read the Poolee Forum! There are the same questions that you are asking asked many times. It will give you all the answers you seek about the Marines.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

The Sandman
05-16-06, 12:55 PM
if you want to go to college first then you need to check out the MECEP and PLC Programs. you can find more info on the web but ive consolidated a lot of info at www.sandmanboards.com/usmc

millar123
05-16-06, 01:29 PM
i would recommend that you look at all the other branchs, but, you will find that the marine corps is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devildoghopeful
05-16-06, 02:00 PM
WOW, I'm impressed Sandman, that's a lot of info you've put together there, very informative. Kudos to you!

Tallboot
05-16-06, 02:57 PM
You can go to College and be in the Marine Corps at the same time. I beleive they pay a certian percent of it. I suggest not joining just because of college though. You gota want it.