PDA

View Full Version : R E C O N is it possible

toughasnails
05-14-06, 05:30 PM
sry it s probably not the right place but who better to ask then the older wiser ones! i just recently graduated boot camp, guide honor grad and my mos is 03. i just wanna know i didnt get to qual for swim 1 becasue of too many unks but i have swim 2 done would i still be given the chance for recon in Camp Giger with a 1rst class pft and swim 2. and does pfc and honor grad help with any of that sh*t

Wyoming
05-14-06, 06:11 PM
sry it s probably not the right place but who better to ask then the older wiser ones! i just recently graduated boot camp, guide honor grad and my mos is 03. i just wanna know i didnt get to qual for swim 1 becasue of too many unks but i have swim 2 done would i still be given the chance for recon in Camp Giger with a 1rst class pft and swim 2. and does pfc and honor grad help with any of that sh*t

So, help me here. Are you a Marine? Did you graduate from Boot Camp or Basic Training?

You might as well get ready, because you're gonna get busted for a whole bunch of stuff.

Anyhoo, if you are a Marine, Semper Fi. (It would help if you were to completely fill out your profile.)

Lorix
05-14-06, 06:13 PM
It's Camp Gieger. What is a Gig-er? Anyways, not sure I can be of much help to you, but when I was in mos school, they had tryouts for recon, I wanted to tryout, but they told me no. Well, anyways, those who did get to tryout, they had to be at the pool at 0330 and float around in there for a few hours in the cold water, then run a PFT. The PFT score would determine if they made it or not.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-16-06, 11:59 PM
You will get plenty of chances to improve your swim qual or to make it to recon, is you deserve them. Worry about being the best Marine you can be, and it will all fall into place.

RLeon
05-17-06, 02:08 AM
I was asked to take the Recon indoc by my Gunner...I refused, kind of regret it now. I probaly would have failed miserably but It's better to know for sure than to wonder.