PDA

View Full Version : Lat move

wannabemarine10
05-13-06, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know if you can make a lat. move into Infantry? And how long you would have to be in your Mos you enlisted into?

In advance thank you

Lorix
05-13-06, 10:04 PM
I was looking into that myself. I heard you have to be a Cpl, in your mos for at least 2 years, that's pretty much all I can give you.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-06, 10:53 PM
I am not sure this rule is still in place, but I would bet it is. The rule used to be that you could not lat move into infantry, unless it was a move from active duty to the reserve. I have posted this on here a few times, if you want the reasoning behind it, go check it out.

But, I have a question for you. Why are you wanting to know about lat moves before you ever become a Marine? If you want infantry, then go be an infantryman.

wannabemarine10
05-14-06, 08:08 PM
thank you for your help.

Right now all my recuiters keep telling me that infantry is closed out so Right now I am stuck in a supply job.

Zippo
05-14-06, 10:34 PM
Then dont leave until you get the job you want.. It's the next 4 years of your life!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-06, 10:36 PM
Zippo is right. The Marine Corps isn't going anywhere. If you want to be a grunt, wait until you can get a slot at SOI/ITB. It is your future career that you are talking about, so don't feel as if you have to take a job because your recruiter says that is all that is available.