PDA

View Full Version : Barbe honors Chase Edwards

thedrifter
05-10-06, 07:17 PM
Barbe honors Chase Edwards
May 10, 2006
Reported by Pam Dixon

So many hearts are still heavy from the loss of Marine Private First Class Chase Edwards. Calcasieu District Attorney John DeRosier says, "When we wake up every morning, we wake up in the greatest nation on Earth, and there's a reason for that. The reason is people like Chase Edwards."

The 2005 Barbe graduate was killed April 6th while fighting in the war in Iraq one month after he arrived there. Football coach Jimmy Shaver says, "A man who loved us and cared enough for us to give his life. What a tremendous honor. He is a man of honor and someone that we can be very proud of."

Wednesday former school mates, teachers, local dignitaries and others paid tribute to an American hero-- the 19 year old who grew up determined to be a Marine. Marine Corporal Jerod Abshire says, "Chase always wanted to be a Marine because God picked him. It was his destiny."

The high school gym was silent as fellow Marines honored their fallen brother with the fallen soldier tribute. Many people were brought to tears during an eight minute music video presentation highlighting Edwards' life....

Edwards on home video says, "Hey Mom, how's it going? Are you doing all right? I'm doing good. I love you and I'll see you soon."

And tragic death of an American hero - Chase Edwards- who sacrificed his life at just 19 years old.

Thursday Edwards will be posthumously awarded the Liberty Bell Award at the annual Law Day ceremony at the Calcasieu Courthouse.

Ellie