PDA

View Full Version : Live chat

millertime1
05-07-06, 05:15 PM
:flag: I am new to this site, are there any live cats here? :cool:

Phantom Blooper
05-07-06, 05:51 PM
I am new to this site, are there any live cats here?

I plead the fifth ! :banana:

hunter06
05-07-06, 06:16 PM
No, not around here but i will sell you mine for $50.

Jsphsl4204
05-07-06, 06:20 PM
Uhh, yeah there is. But, rather than just coming on here and idly posting, you need to read the Poolee Rules and Regulations. Some of them apply specifically to the chatrooms - and if you did just a little searching yourself, you could find it in maybe thirty seconds. Hell, you could find it in the time it takes me to post this!
You can find "chat" in the upper-right hand corner of Leatherneck.com at any time, next to "Classifieds", "Gallery", and "Locator". Glad to help!

Jsphsl4204
05-07-06, 06:22 PM
Whoa.... I thought you said "chats".... But there's obviously no "cats."

Phantom Blooper
05-07-06, 06:26 PM
you need to read the Poolee Rules and Regulations.

Yeah,in the "Poolee Hall of Fame!":banana:

Jsphsl4204
05-07-06, 06:45 PM
Haha, oh come on, I can't be the only person who was fooled by that!:D

yellowwing
05-07-06, 11:09 PM
are there any live cats here?
Lime Cat?

millertime1
05-08-06, 01:07 AM
Ha, ha! That's a good one. Sorry I meant chats and thanks - I found what I was look for.
:idea:

The Sandman
05-08-06, 02:15 AM
Lol, great pic, I remember reading a post somewhere about the guy who did that. Something else that gets blamed on alcohol.

jinelson
05-08-06, 02:37 AM
Millertime1 read the first four sticky threads in the Poolee Hall Forum before you make any more posts! They are the rules read them! You have been WARNED!

Jsphsl4204
05-08-06, 08:23 PM
Millertime1 read the first four sticky threads in the Poolee Hall Forum before you make any more posts! They are the rules read them! You have been WARNED!

I just knew that was coming....

GySgtRet
05-08-06, 08:35 PM
Youa re not well liked here already. I suggest that you adhere to everything that has spoken. The Gunny has spoken...!!! Do you understand me MAGGOT...!!!???

Marine84
05-09-06, 11:26 AM
millertime - I'm confused - your profile says you're a Marine friend but you've done time in conflict?

jennifer
05-09-06, 11:31 AM
Just like Jim said, you need to read that forum!! It explains in there about proper grammer and other things you should be aware of. Heck, your thread should've been deleted for you not following the rules and regulations. You made two mistakes already.

Ha, ha! That's a good one. Sorry I meant chats and thanks - I found what I was lookfor.
and
I am new to this site, are there any live chats here?

P.S. I'm sure if you would've tooken your time to snoop around a little more on here then you would have found what you were looking for! :evilgrin:

millertime1
05-09-06, 01:19 PM
I am prior service from the Navy. I am now thinking about the Marines.

GySgtRet
05-09-06, 01:26 PM
You're not well liked here already. I suggest that you adhere to everything that has spoken. The Gunny has spoken...!!! Do you understand me MAGGOT...!!!???

Do you read very well at all? What did you do in the Navy? Were you a CPO, PO 2nd Class. Fly aircraft tell us a little about what you did and where you were.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

thedrifter
05-09-06, 01:48 PM
You Marines are sure making my work easy for me....;) :D

Ellie

GySgtRet
05-09-06, 01:51 PM
Anytime you know that. I am still waiting for him to figure out what to make up now. He is on line and not saying a thing.

thedrifter
05-09-06, 02:16 PM
Answers are always easy to say when truthful.

Ellie

John Mayotte
05-09-06, 06:09 PM
"Tooken" ???

Phantom Blooper
05-10-06, 06:16 AM
Tooken

Lower South dialect for taken or lower southern California :banana:

Marine84
05-10-06, 10:55 AM
What did you do in the Navy? Where were you stationed? Were you reserves or active? Why did you go Navy first?

Talk to me man.................

roadrunner1
05-10-06, 12:31 PM
I, too, was a lil' Navy squid for a bit. I was aboard the USS John C Stennis, aircraft carrier out of Norfolk at the time. After three long years on the flight deck and looking at enough f-in' water to last a lifetime I got out and joined "The Gun Club" and never looked back. Now, I am a Police Officer and the only service that I look back upon that puts a smile on my face is the Marine Corps. However, I am not saying that I am not proud of the time that I spent while I was in the Navy. But, if you really wanted to do join the Marine Corps you would have done it by now. But instead you are posting some garbage on this post and doubting yourself. If you really were serious though, you would be talking with a recruiter, not us. But since you are talking to us, what did you do? how many toilets did you scrub? how many decks did you swab? how many dishes did you have to clean while you were TAD to the mess decks?

millertime1
05-10-06, 01:14 PM
For your info:
I was in the Navy from 08/99 - 09/03. I was stationed aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), also out of Norfolk, VA. I went in as an E-1 and after boot camp I attended Electician's Mate A-school. I did two 6 month deployments in the Med. By the time my enlistment was up I was a 3rd Class Petty Officer (E-4) trying to obtain E-5. I've been out for 2 years and now looking at Marines - I am talking to a recruiter actively as we speak. I am talking to you to hear some of your experiences and to get some advice. Can you help me?

Marine84
05-10-06, 01:25 PM
You haven't asked for help with anything yet - you came in the door wanting to know about live chats.............

What is it you need help with?

millertime1
05-10-06, 01:29 PM
No disrespect, but I resonded to the girlfriend forum and asking about being a Marine and having a family - because I have a wife and son.

Range Coach
05-10-06, 01:45 PM
What were the dates of the two Med floats? Were you stationed aboard the TR the whole time? I know the TR supported Operation Enduring Freedom, but what about Iraqi Freedom I? What was your rating? Snipe?

jgorosco
05-10-06, 01:52 PM
Don't know what I missed with this thread but do yall want the guy to give some blood samples? What happened here if some one doesn't mind me asking?

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 02:26 PM
a couple of days ago. He has been silent and til now he hasn't asked for anything. We are still not sure what he wants. Security is tight theses days. Don't cha know...??? Marine84, I haven't given up on him yet he just needs to ask if he is legit we don't want to discourage him. Of course if he scares that easy maybe he isn't Marine material...???

Range Coach
05-10-06, 02:42 PM
Gunny, it sounds like this little puke's story is about as organized as a sh!t throwin' contest in a monkey house. He's online until he's asked a question. I think he's doin' a google search to find the answers! Once he has the answer, he shows up again like a blip on the radar.

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 05:22 PM
Sh*& smells like it no matter how much perfume you put on it...LOL You can go to ships of the Navy and get almost anything you want except of course who sails on them and when they sail. Unless he comes up with some good hard facts I am afraid we are going to have to fire him for insabordination. No intergrity. I hope he is laughing at us right now. It would certainly confirm what we suspect. You poolees just watch and see the masters at work her learn by watching. Jim if your on buddy if it gets to hot fry him...!!!

:evilgrin:

kirbtoy
05-10-06, 05:55 PM
i wanna know how to get my bootcamp graduation video

John Mayotte
05-10-06, 06:34 PM
i wanna know how to get my bootcamp graduation video

I might be stepping on toes, but.... where the hell did that come from??? Last I read, the talk was about "zippin" some squid.

:flag: John

hobo46
05-10-06, 06:42 PM
:marine: evening

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 06:54 PM
Back at cha. How are you doing and Welcome Aboard. I haven't seen you here before.

Semper Fi Marine garb a corner and grab a brew. Stow your gear in the corner and chat for awhile.

fontman
05-10-06, 06:56 PM
:flag: I am new to this site, are there any live cats here? :cool:I am a "live cat." You want a piece of me?

:evilgrin:

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 07:07 PM
I hope that we haven't scared him away...LOL He hasn't been on much today. Maybe he is looking more stuff up so he can tell us more stuff...??? Maybe if he would post a picture of himself in proper Navy uniform we could trust him...???

:marine:

fontman
05-10-06, 07:13 PM
I would enjoy seeing him with a pix of himself in the Navy uniform.

Patiently awaiting his reply, I am...

;)

Tallboot
05-10-06, 07:44 PM
You go to a Recruiter, Sign some papers .. go to MEPS, Sign a Buttload of papers, Swear in ... Go to bootcamp, complete it .. and on graduation day get your mommy to film it.

Mama
05-11-06, 03:50 AM
You go to a Recruiter, Sign some papers .. go to MEPS, Sign a Buttload of papers, Swear in ... Go to bootcamp, complete it .. and on graduation day get your mommy to film it.

ROFL!!!!!

Marine84
05-11-06, 07:56 AM
We REALLY need that little man rolling around on the floor laughing his a$$ off..................that was a good one tallboot - you get the trophy

Shorty101
05-11-06, 10:03 AM
Wow!!! That was very demanding.

Tallboot
05-11-06, 03:14 PM
Shorty101, Read the Forums rules .. And please fill out your Profile Thank you

GySgtRet
05-11-06, 05:12 PM
Thank you for sustaining the integrity on the site.

Tallboot
05-11-06, 06:50 PM
Thank you Gunnery Sergeant

GySgtRet
05-11-06, 08:24 PM
Your advice has gone unheeded so far. Take charge of this and square him away. You seem to be very squared away yourself maybe it will rub of on him if he is lucky...???

Tallboot
05-11-06, 08:46 PM
Yes sir Gunnery Sergeant

Tallboot
05-11-06, 09:04 PM
Millertime1, Be advised These Marines know what they are talking about. You seem to be a wannabe and if you were in the Navy, You now see a differance in how these Marines opperate. Strict Discipline is Needed even for the wannabes that wish to post here. Please when a Marine asks you do to something do it, and do it then. You cant infiltrate this forum. You have been spotted.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-11-06, 10:24 PM
I must be getting soft, because I missed why we all hate him so much. I guess I should get on my face and push until I remember things like that.

GySgtRet
05-12-06, 06:01 AM
Thank you for updating your profile as required when on this forum. Now what was the original question that you had?

Phantom Blooper
05-12-06, 06:29 AM
Now what was the original question that you had?

I am new to this site, are there any live cats here?

Damn Gunny ! He wants to know if theres any live cats in here. MEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! :banana:

It's a shame he can't go to the Marine only forum. I'll still plead the fifth..or a pint.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

millertime1
05-13-06, 07:44 PM
This is so ridiculous (LOL)... I have not disrespected anyone on this forum, but you have the nerve to disrespect me without even knowing who I am or what I stand for. I was not given a chance...

millertime1
05-13-06, 08:06 PM
I was just trying to inquire about the Marines, and I have been given a bad impression. That is all I have to say... : (

Tiamat13
05-13-06, 08:10 PM
This is so ridiculous (LOL)... I have not disrespected anyone on this forum, but you have the nerve to disrespect me without even knowing who I am or what I stand for. I was not given a chance...

millertime1,

You were given a chance, you just decided to keep talking. Marines stick together. Squids are "Semper Fortis"

What good is courage against a group as close-knit as the USMC?

Just drop it. - Thats my friendly advise to you.

millertime1
05-13-06, 08:14 PM
This will be my last post. I thought you had Honor, Courage, and Commitment... Thank you and good bye.

greensideout
05-13-06, 08:53 PM
Uhh, yeah there is. But, rather than just coming on here and idly posting, you need to read the Poolee Rules and Regulations. Some of them apply specifically to the chatrooms - and if you did just a little searching yourself, you could find it in maybe thirty seconds. Hell, you could find it in the time it takes me to post this!
You can find "chat" in the upper-right hand corner of Leatherneck.com at any time, next to "Classifieds", "Gallery", and "Locator". Glad to help!

Hummm---it seems that your post started a mob riot. Are you the guy that tends the door on this thread? If so, learn to be respectful, like you have tought your students. The guy never had a chance---:thumbdown

Thatcher
05-13-06, 10:37 PM
This will be my last post. I thought you had Honor, Courage, and Commitment... Thank you and good bye.

How have any of these Marines shown anything disregarding these qualities?

Some believed you to be a fake and asked questions about your service, and some questioned its authenticity. But a little ridicule and doubt shouldn't stop you if you're truly determined to become a United States Marine. You can't just come on here and expect to be treated like a brother, it's something the Marines have earned, and us poolee's and wannabe's strive for.

I am sure that if you followed the guidelines to posting on this forum, and started a new thread, your questions will be answered.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-06, 10:49 PM
What an idiot. Even after being told what was wrong, he still acted like a moron. I guess he doesn't get the fact that nobody here is impressed with his prior service in the Navy, and that he has yet to earn the Title of Marine... and that puts him in the same position as every other wannabe.

yellowwing
05-14-06, 10:58 AM
This will be my last post...
Yes it is.

Tallboot
05-14-06, 06:55 PM

This is coming from a 10 yearold wannabe maybe? possible maybe a Navy poolee? He didnt like the idea of being spotted out with the Navy lies i guess.

greensideout
05-14-06, 08:44 PM
I talked with millertime1 in the chat room. Yes, he found it. He has a wife and son and was wanting information about Marine duty, etc. He was a soft natured guy, just what you might expect for a Navy Vet. I gave him my view of another branch going Marine---not easy to do as the requirments of a Marine blow their mind away.
He was a Navy Vet---he deserved respect.

This is the poolee site so I will hold my comments about your idea of being "better" then a military branch that keeps your freedoms free while you rant like you have something to crow about.

Tallboot
05-14-06, 09:18 PM
Someone just Disrespected the Marine Corps, If he has a Son and daughter and was in the Navy that is nice based on information you were givin. I have respect for it.

greensideout
05-14-06, 09:28 PM
Someone just Disrespected the Marine Corps, If he has a Son and daughter and was in the Navy that is nice based on information you were givin. I have respect for it.

Help me understand Tallboot, who is the "Someone that just Disrespected the Marine Corps"?

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-06, 10:42 PM
Greenside, I didn't really understand why everyone was so upset at the guy. But to come back and act like he did, when it was clear that some of the Marines on this site were already less then thrilled with the guy, makes no sense to me. He may be a great guy, and may one day be SgtMaj of the Marine Corps, but that does not explain why he acted out for being asked to follow the rules of the forum or about his history in the military.

Millertime1, if you still want to know about the Marine Corps, and want to talk to the people on this site, I would say to pick a new name, pretend this never happened, and learn until your heart is content. If not, well best of luck on your journey.

Tallboot
05-15-06, 04:34 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by millertime1
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I find it disrespectful atleast, My mouth is in a forum is shoudnt be so im not going to say anything more about millertime1.

yellowwing
05-15-06, 06:05 PM
Relax, he's gone.