PDA

View Full Version : MAC Flights?

Mama
05-07-06, 01:58 AM
From what I understand...there are MAC flights that are free to the Marine to bring them home for their leaves from where they are stationed...is that still true today?

Old Marine
05-07-06, 08:55 AM
I do not know if they still have MAC flights, but I do know that when they were having them they were on a standby basic only and you could eat up a few days of leave waiting to get a flight.

Phantom Blooper
05-07-06, 11:30 AM
First you have to know what base or airport that has a MAC terminal. Then you have to figure out where you need to be and where the flight is going to land at closest to the final destination because this can eat up monies in transportation to get to the final leg home. You also have to be on leave or orders before you can sign up for a MAC flight. When you have your leave papers or orders fax it or hand carry to the MAC terminal ASAP. Then wait ........to see if your name appears on the passenger list. Then wait............It is a first come first serve basis..but rank does have its privileges.Medvacs,Cargo,Permanent Change of Station, Temporary Duty, Emergency Leave all have priority. You can get bumped off of the list if the mission changes. So, you have to have the time to do this,a few days of leave can be used taking a MAC hop.... Sometimes commercial air can be cheaper even with today's B.S. at the airports it also can be a lot faster.The best place to check for all this info is the MAC terminal. Usually an air force base. If you want to eat one may have to pay for a box lunch.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

Mama
05-08-06, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the information...

I think it'll be easier to just buy her tix at that rate! I know she didn't join the Corps for money, and she won't have much, so I don't want her wasting what little she's getting on air fare...

Thanks again y'all :)