PDA

View Full Version : NROTC-MO/Poolee Hall of Fame

Jsphsl4204
05-06-06, 07:20 PM
Okay, I have two different things to address in this thread: NROTC-MO (Marine Option) and the Poolee Hall of Fame.
First, I've searched HIGH AND LOW for that damn Poolee Hall of Fame. I can't find it anywhere. It seems to posess all the knowledge I seek, but if I can't find it, I can't use its resources.
Secondly,for an NROTC Scholarship, is the acception rate high or low? Is it basically if you meet the criteria, you get it, or are they very selective when it comes to receiving the scholarship? Many thanks!

Phantom Blooper
05-06-06, 09:14 PM
Jsphsl4204,There is NO "Poolee Hall of Fame " although I called it that in my post the other day. I have called it that on several occassions after poolees and wannabees ask the same question that can be found in the Poolee Forum or the Mentor Thread or now the new Ask a Marine thread. Just look in the above named forums and you will find most of your answers there. You have to search it out!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

jinelson
05-06-06, 09:16 PM
Joseph first let me say welcome back that shows me that you are tough and have tenacity. What the Marine that made that statement meant was Poolee Hall, there is no Hall of Fame thats why you couldnt find it. You can reasearch and read all the way back to the beginning and believe me 99% of the questions have been asked and answered before. In case you dont know try going down to the Forum Options box in the lower left of the Forum pages and select how far you want to read back. You can also find topics that you are interested by going to the search options and do an advanced search then type the topic you desire in the box and click. Sorry I dont have any information on NROTC scholerships but if I desired to I would conduct a google search to start looking.

outlaw3179
05-06-06, 09:17 PM
lol..poolee hall of fame :)

22DevilPup87
05-06-06, 09:21 PM
As someone that was in a Corps of Cadets and was an NROTC-MO cadet, let me tell you that landing an NROTC scholarship is tough. Not many people get it the first time around. In fact, only one person from Mary Baldwin College and Virginia Military Institute that matriculated with the class of 2008 was awarded it as a high school senior. The good news is you have a couple of chances to apply for the NROTC scholarship and a lot of people that apply a second or third time get selected when they weren't selected in previous years. Just make sure that when you get to college you keep your grades up. When you're in a military program that can be rough especially since you have the physical demands of waking up at 0-dark-30 to PT on top of the demands of adjusting to a new lifestyle and rigorous coursework, but it's necessary if you want Uncle Sam to pay for your tuition.

Phantom Blooper
05-06-06, 09:21 PM
http://navy.cornell.edu/usmc.html

Try this link for some answers that may not be posted in the "Poolee Hall of Fame"

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

Jsphsl4204
05-06-06, 09:35 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your input. Haha, I get the idea of saying, "Poolee Hall of Fame" now, and SSgt. Nelson, it won't be necessary to do a Google Search, but thanks anyway. DevilPups told me it would be tough, and that's all I wanted to know. Thanks!