PDA

View Full Version : What is a "blanket party" or whatever its called?

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 09:02 PM
Like the topic states, I'm wondering what a "blanket party" is. I've heard this term used in a few topics but I have no idea what it means. The way its been used it seems like its not a good thing haha. Thanks in advance.

Range Coach
05-05-06, 09:17 PM
Wayne, what would happen to you if you walked through Patterson or East Orange at night?

rktect3j
05-05-06, 09:19 PM
You'll know it if it ever happens to you. Be squared away and don't worry about it.

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I've never been brave enough to try. But I suspect I'd prolly be shancked by some illegal immigrants or drug dealers or something. Im not following though as to what a blanket party is lol forgive my naiveness I guess is the word I'm looking for. Is it an ass kicking from your fellow recruits when you're sleeping or something?

rktect3j
05-05-06, 09:24 PM
Hmm, I've never been brave enough to try. But I suspect I'd prolly be shancked by some illegal immigrants or drug dealers or something. Im not following though as to what a blanket party is lol forgive my naiveness I guess is the word I'm looking for. Is it an ass kicking from your fellow recruits when you're sleeping or something?
Have you not seen the movie full metal jacket?

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 09:25 PM
Ok nevermind guys, I google'd "blanket party in the USMC" and got this: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1331943 so I know nwo lol. That doesnt sound like too much fun I must admit haha. Also, my friend just lent me Full Metal Jacket and I plan on watching it sometime this weekend. Its my first viewing of it and I've heard its fairly good. Thanks guys

Range Coach
05-05-06, 09:26 PM
It involves towels and soap bars. Watch Full Metal Jacket and you'll see an example. We never had one in my platoon---don't personally know anyone that had it happen to them.

Old Marine
05-06-06, 09:19 AM
BigWayne3000:

You sound like a prime candidate for a good Short Sheet Party.

Lorix
05-06-06, 03:38 PM
Blanket party is what they did to gomer pile in full metal jacket. I was surprised no recruits gave me one of them, they threatened to a few times, :D , I thought they were just joking around, but nothing in recruit training is a joke. :D

FistFu68
05-06-06, 04:40 PM
:evilgrin: WE HAD MORE THAN 1,DURING BOOT CAMP,P.I.68'GOT REAL TIRED OF DOING BEND'S&WOOPIE'S'ALL DAY,BECAUSE OTHER'S DIDN'T TOW THE LINE! HELL IT WAS THE MARINE CORPS. ****ING BOY'S LOVE TOO FIGHT,ESPECIALLY WHEN ****ED! :evilgrin: :thumbup:

outlaw3179
05-06-06, 06:16 PM
Its a motivational tool designed to ensure the rapid progression of learning.

Marine84
05-08-06, 09:58 AM
I would have never guessed Lorix would have been threatened with one.............imagine!

GySgtRet
05-08-06, 10:09 AM
Go figure...????

Seeley
05-17-06, 11:28 AM
LMAO short sheeting was the best thing ever lol. Hop into the rack and can't get all the way in LMFAO. Sometimes they'd fall out. We never had a blanket party, but we did our fare share of letting the lesser recruits know who they were.