PDA

View Full Version : Typical day in boot camp

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 07:17 PM
Hi, my first thread got deleted for some reason, not sure why. I don't remember not using correct english etc but whatever. So, what would a "typical" day at boot consist of? The one Marine who was able to reply to my thread before it got deleted the first time, said that while they don't have weight rooms or whatever they do have an accessable pull up bar and also an assisted pull up/dip bar. Is this true? Also how is the pt'ing during recruit training? How long does it typically last for and whats a "normal" day in boot consist of? This is prolly a very stupid question as I know things vary day to day and nothing is ever the same but I was just looking for some experiences I guess that you guys have gone thru and what it consisted of for you guys. I hope they have that pull up bar and the assissted pullup/dip bar as I'd love to be able to use it on the little down time that is available. Thanks in advance for any and all information. I ship June 5th and I hope to make everyone in my life and everyone on this board very proud of me in the coming months.

Phantom Blooper
05-05-06, 08:03 PM
How your 13 weeks are broken down in actual hours: <br />
<br />
Instructional Time (The Crucible / Combat Water Survival / Weapons and Field Training): 279.5 hours <br />
Core Values / Academics / Values...

Lorix
05-05-06, 08:34 PM
Wake up between 0330 and 0500 (Crucible, we awoke at 0130). Morning details (clean), morning chow, more details, pt, class, drill, afternoon chow, more class, more details, study, drill, more details, evening chow, more details, hygiene time, square-away time (1 hour, SDI might give 2, if your lucky), more details, taps somewhere around 2000-2300.

*A lot of QDing in between*

There are Sundays which will obviously be different and so will swim qual week, rifle range (2 weeks), team week, a-line, and BWT. There are 70 TDs (training days), processing and forming do not count, and neither do Sundays. TD 70 is Graduation.