PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?

Osotogary
05-05-06, 10:09 AM
Friday, May 5, 2006
Broward Edition of the Miami Herald
Ft. Lauderdale
Sailor arrested after yacht is vandalized.

A U.S. Navy submarine crewman was arrested Thursday morning for setting fires to and burglarizing a 74-foot yacht in New River, Ft. Lauderdale police said. Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert Lee Coloretti, 23, of Chesapeake, Va, allegedly vandalized a $1 million yacht Ida II east of the Andrews Avenue Bridge (Dammm, that's right around where I work!)
Kevin St.Clair, who was asleep on the boat, called 911 after hearing someone opening drawers in the bedroom and "rustling around," according to the police report.
On the boat, an officer found "broken glass and several areas where fires had been started in an attempt to catch the entire boat on fire," the report said. Bleach had been poured on the carpet and furniture in the lower deck and an officer saw a sailor's hat on the floor near the bleach, the report said.
Coloretti was arrested after an officer saw him walking out of the back door of the boat. Coloretti, who is assigned to the USS Hampton- intown as part of Fleet Week- was released on $6000 bond from the BSO's (Broward Sheriff's Office) main jail Thursday.

I wonder what is next? How do you think this particular situation will be handled. Will it be handled in the military courts or in the civilan courts?

ColA
05-05-06, 10:29 AM
This incident will be handled in both a civilain court and under the UCMJ...If convicted of the offense by civilain court, the Navy can than move to discharge the sailor and/or charge him with one of...

Osotogary
05-05-06, 11:26 AM
Thank you for your response, ColA.
What is amazing is that this is Fleet Week /Air and Sea Week and all eyes and ears are focused on all activities and the surroundings. The Ft.Lauderdale area is like a magnet and right now it is bursting at the seams with visitors and guests. In my opinion, this was a pizz poor time to allegedly pull of this kind of shenanigan.
Unbelieveable.