PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB help

usmcwannabe
05-03-06, 02:53 PM
I need to know what general score i need to aquire in order to be even considered into the Marine Corps Sniping Division. Any Help is very much accepted. Thank you.

rktect3j
05-03-06, 03:00 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blusmcasvab.htm

rktect3j
05-03-06, 03:28 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8541.htm

8541, Scout Sniper
Summary. Scout snipers participate in activities designed to deny the enemy freedom of movement by shooting enemy leaders, crew-served weapons operators, radiomen, observers, messengers, and other key personnel with single, well-aimed shots. Scout snipers also engage vital material targets such as command and control equipment, air defense radars, and missile launchers, which require precision rifle fire to neutralize. Scout snipers also provide close reconnaissance and surveillance to the infantry battalion.

Requirements/Prerequisites

(1) Qualify as an expert rifleman.

(2) Possess all the essential qualifications and capabilities of an infantry Marine.

(3) Successful completion of an approved Scout Sniper Course at Quantico or at the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Marine Division.

Duties

(1) GySgt to Pvt:

(a) Supports combat operations by delivering precision fire on selected targets.

(b) Establishes concealed sniper/observation sites from which targets are analyzed, engaged, and information gathered.

(c) Uses map and compass for day or night land navigation.

(d) Operates and maintains weapons and optical equipment employed by the scout sniper team.

Hocker
05-03-06, 08:26 PM
I need to know what general score i need to aquire in order to be even considered into the Marine Corps Sniping Division. Any Help is very much accepted. Thank you.
Be a very good 03 will get you the chance to be a Marine Scout Sniper and I stress chance .

rktect3j
05-03-06, 08:31 PM
Sorry, did I make that look too easy to become a scout sniper? It reads easy.

Hocker
05-04-06, 06:39 AM
Sorry, did I make that look too easy to become a scout sniper? It reads easy.
Nope you pretty much covered it except the part were 90% wash out while doing INDOC and its usaully doing the stalk.