PDA

View Full Version : To Budding Marine Devildoghopeful

stevieb1
05-01-06, 12:46 PM
Hello fellow-Brit

Sent you an email and a few PM's but I'll post on here where you will surely see the post. This is for all others in the same boat too - having the goal of becoming a Marine.

It could be said you already are a Marine in your heart and that is important to keep in mind at all times. I read a moving story of a potential Marine who tragically died before making it into the Corps or even into boot camp, but he died faithful to Semper Fidelis because throughout his short life he was faithful to becoming a Marine in every sense of the word. Act as if you already are a Marine and the Universe will take its course and sort out the formalities in between.

Always stick close to those who share the same goals as you - your "reference group". Be prepared to learn from their experience and turn to them for encouragement. Ninety percent of people your age don't have any clear direction in life, well done for having that direction yourself you are of the few.

It was once posted on here - the same year you first set your heart on your goal - that "Nothing ever worthwhile is easy, if it was you would not value it." So keep on fighting and stick to that goal - come what may.

devildoghopeful
05-01-06, 02:37 PM
Hey, well said (written). I just got your email. How do you know the philosophy student and how do you know that I know him? Anyways, how are you planning on joining the Corps (if you are at all)?

Alex