PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Goodluck

NCTom
04-22-06, 11:01 PM
Hello All,

I will be leaving tomorrow, Sunday for MCRD Parris Island. I can't wait! IST was 10 pullups, 90 crunches, 11:25 run....not what I wanted but I'm going to work at it until I'm dead at bootcamp. Very excited to start recruit training and the chance to become a US Marine! Good luck to everyone else here going in.

Tom

Future-USMC-LT
04-22-06, 11:41 PM
Good luck. Have "fun" and stay motivated. Lord willing we'll see you back here in 3 months.

The best advice I can give right now came from a Master Sergeant just before I left for boot camp: Shut the **** up and do what you're told as fast as you possibly can. Be the one who says little, but works harder than anybody else faster than anybody else.

Remember, no matter how well you do something, it will not be up to the Drill Instructor's standards. I don't care how perfect it is, it's not up to par. No matter how perfectly you did something, it can be more perfect, so take it as a learning experience and make it better next time. Good luck and always remain Semper Fidelis.

Thatcher
04-23-06, 12:26 AM
Best of luck, looking forward to seeing you come back to these forums as a Marine.

Mama
04-23-06, 01:11 AM
Take care of yourself :)

Good Luck and stay in 1 piece :)

devildoghopeful
04-23-06, 01:37 AM
come back a Marine!

Semper Fi

jinelson
04-23-06, 03:15 AM
Tom stay moto pup and come back here and check in as a brother and a Marine like so many before you. Good luck and enjoy the most challenging training you will ever receive.

GriT
04-23-06, 09:25 AM
Oorah! Best of luck!

Never Quit!

kovanfleet
04-23-06, 09:30 AM
Good luck. have a great time there. LOL its gunna be hot.

Tobes03
04-23-06, 10:00 PM
Good luck hardcharger, put out 100% 24/7 and it will be an experience you won't ever forget.