PDA

View Full Version : update from bootcamp

proudbrother
04-21-06, 06:31 PM
My little brother "Rubberneckpoole" who is a member here just finished up the field week phase at MCRD in San Diego. He starts the Crucible on tuesday. He is doing fantastic and his letters are fantastic, we can't wait to recieve them. He has never gotten negative in any of his letters at all, he is extremely motivated!!!!

He qualifed as Sharpshooter!!! He said he pre-qualed as an expert but fell 6 points short and got sharpshooter instead. Very proud of him on that one. (All those times I took him out shooting my AR-15's must not have hurt I guess)

The cool thing about his letters is that I can actually see the confidence level in him rise over the course of the last couple of months. His discipline and confidence is coming through his letters, it is AWESOME!!!!

His graduation date is set for May 19th and my wife and I already have our plans made to be there for family day and graduation day. Then he gets 10 days off, then to combat training, and then he goes to communications school at 29 Palms.

We are VERY proud of him to say the least!!!!!!!

proudbrother
04-21-06, 07:42 PM
Correction:

He started the crucible this past tuesday and finished it today. (hopefully)

jinelson
04-21-06, 07:53 PM
I remember rubberneckpoole Im glad to hear he is good to go. I remember he wanted to be a MP, he must have changed his mind. Thanks for your update its not often we get one after the Poolees ship to one of the MCRD's. Just a heads up if you havent made your room reservations do it now as the hotels fill up very early for Wed-Friday due to graduation. Im including a link here that you will actualy be able to see a close up video shot of your brother. Start checking the site everyday about two weeks before his graduation date.

http://www.devildogs.info/

proudbrother
04-21-06, 10:44 PM
He actually wasn't old enough to be an MP, so he took communications instead. His recruiter had a comm MOS so that swayed his decision too.

We have our hotel booked and we used the military travel agency that my brother sent me a brochure of. Can't remember their name right now but it was something like, "Sardo" travel or something like that.

Anyway, what software do I need to download those videos, I just got a bunch of odd looking letters and numbers instead of a video.

(h

Future-USMC-LT
04-21-06, 11:03 PM
SATO travel is the name. Good to hear he's doing well and is moto. By videos I'm guessing you mean the ones from www.devildogs.info? If so, you need windows media player.

Worsham
04-24-06, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if there is a similar site with video for Parris Island?

proudbrother
05-16-06, 05:55 PM
Well, the big day is friday!!! :banana:

We are leaving for San Diego tomorrow so we can take part in family day on thursday and of course graduation on friday.

He is in 2nd BN Golf Company Platoon 2079.

jinelson
05-16-06, 07:51 PM
Well proud brother Im proud too. You tell rubberneckpoolee to get online here when he gets home and change his avitar and user status to Marine. His experience is also valuable to those here about to follow his lead. I will be looking forward to hearing from him.

Jim

proudbrother
05-16-06, 08:00 PM
Well proud brother Im proud too. You tell rubberneckpoolee to get online here when he gets home and change his avitar and user status to Marine. His experience is also valuable to those here about to follow his lead. I will be looking forward to hearing from him.

Jim

Thank you VERY much for that!!!

Also, thank you very much for that video link. I finally figured out how to view the video and it actually took me 5 times watching the video and I still couldn't figure out which recruit was my brother. Of course, the first time my wife watched the video, she picked him out. lol

His neck got THICK compared to what it was when he left.

GySgtRet
05-16-06, 08:42 PM
It is a memorable experience for you. I gurantee your little brother will never forget it...Make sure he reports into the site and let us know how he kicked butt. Sea stories he will know what we mean.