PDA

View Full Version : Reporting in

usmc68
12-09-02, 05:53 AM
Good morning Marines!!! I've been around for a few days and figure it's time to introduce myself . Was in from 68-71 , MCRD , Nam late 69 to early 71 , Chu-lai ,Danang . Done a short hitch at Camp Hansen between trips to Nam . I can still run a PFT , my time will just be in day's, not minutes, ha ha . Semper Fi, USMC 68

Kegler300
12-09-02, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard and welcome home usmc68! Pull up a footlocker and grab a cold one out of the cooler! Semper fi!

thedrifter
12-09-02, 07:39 AM
Welcome Aboard........

Drop your bags........pull up a footlocker......
One of the Sgt's will get you squared away......
Look around....do some reading.....make a few posts.....we all love to hear them sea stories............
make sure you stop in the slope shute....for a beer or two.....Just watch out for our mascot....Chesty.....He loves his beer.......LOL....
Any questions.......Just Hollow..........

Welcome Again.........

Sempers,

Roger

Art Petersn
12-09-02, 08:10 AM
usmc68

Welcome aboard . now I don't have to be the new kid on the block.

usmc68
12-09-02, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome . Hey SSgt. speaking of mascots and sea stories ,sometime I'll tell you one about the Camp Lej. mascot, myself and a friend as we all met on the Parade Ground one morning. It wasn't pretty!!!! But it was funny as hell after!!!!

Barndog
12-09-02, 10:55 AM
We peons stick together around this joint. Welcome Aboard. Snatch that bottle of Gentleman Jack and take a couple pulls. Don't drain it either, please.

Keep yer eyes peeled for Bones. He's a slick ol' turd..er I mean.. Sgt.

That brings up a good question Ssgt Roger....... is there a photo of Chesty (the dog) we can put up on the site somewhere? Not the cartoon-ish rendition. I guess I would settle for Molly, the soon (or recently) retired mascot of MCRD San Diego.

Besides, Chesty needs a little. Hell, he needs a lot...

Semper FI

wrbones
12-09-02, 11:58 AM
Welcome Aboard, Marine! Now.....where's that firewatch duty roster......We need to put dsomeone in charge of burnin' ****ters as well. Hell, IV think's he's in charge of that. Dont worry, he's good...

SHOOTER1
12-09-02, 08:46 PM
Welcome Aboard, and bones , i believe their was a WM earlier that was slated for burnins****** , she should be on firewatch now, tho so give the deisel cans to the FNG,(no disrespect meant) pull out a cold one after the fires git burning good ok? Semper Fi Marine.

wrbones
12-09-02, 08:52 PM
Hey, SHOOTER! I was puttin' him IN CHARGE! LOL.