PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR PT routine?

alexpw62
04-17-06, 06:41 PM
Poolees & Wannabes: What is YOUR PT routine? How are you preparing your body for boot camp? Post it here!

I'm usually out of bed at 5 every morning for an hour of cardio; usually 45 mins. running followed by 15 minutes of calisthenics. I do this every day except Sunday, because that's the day I concentrate on PT for the soul. :D I also lift weights 3 days a week; I do heavy weights and low reps. I concentrate on compound movements like bench press, squat, power clean, and deadlift. I finish off every weight workout with pushups and situps basically until I physically can't do any more of them.

I think it's a pretty good program, getting up that early sucks always but I don't even think about it anymore; whenever I think about rolling over and hitting the snooze button, I just remember that there won't be any snooze-buttons at boot camp!!:flag:

outlaw3179
04-17-06, 06:50 PM
Alex it sounds like your busting you ass. Keep up the good work !

BGMFH
04-17-06, 07:51 PM
IM up at 7am, do 3 max sets of pushups, normal, incline, normal. Then I do 30minutes of 100meter windsprints at the park near my house. Depending on the day of the week, Im at class either at 1000 or 1100.

Getting to class is a 1mile endurance run, cross a 4lane hiway, then approximately a 500meter speed run. Returning is the same.

When I get out of class is the reverse run, then I either report to the RSS or a Marine comes to collect me for PT. Either we do an hour plus of IT or we do weights or a PFT. When I get home, I do 100 crunches with my legs over a preachers bench weight set.

50 full 4count pushups before bed.

Weekends are the same except I do 500pushups throughout the day and 250 crunches instead of reporting to the RSS. Pushups are a killer for me, so that takes up most of the day.

PooleeNGN
04-17-06, 10:03 PM
i dont have a specific time during the day but whenever i can squeeze in a work out at night or afternoon. i do push ups, pull ups, about 30mins of abs, every now and then martial arts such as capoeira, weekly poolee work out on tuesdays and thursdays, stretches, and more capoeira/martial arts

TylerA23
04-17-06, 10:51 PM
just started a new routine, and got a gym membership... i think i need advice and tips.. and what you think of the routine i've planned out...
sunday: intense cardio run/w/e sit ups , push ups
Monday: Lift: bench, curls:bicep/tricep,shoulders,sit ups
Tuesday:intense cardio,situps,pushups
Wednesday:Lift: bench, leg lifts/presses, back,situps
Thursday:intense cardio , sit ups, pushups
Friday:Bench , Curls bi/tri -ceps, shoulders, sit ups
Saturday: OFF
any thoughts suggestions?

Tallboot
04-18-06, 09:15 AM
I eat mostly Protein .. And Combining that with Working out, i work out regularly, Improving upper body, and running on cardio. (after a work out it is important to drink a protien shake) I have a really high Metabolism, Weight is never a problem for me .. and i drink water during the work out .. its very important also.

TylerA23
04-18-06, 12:28 PM
yea i forgot to add, if it matters, i too drink protien shakes after these workouts, and drink water regularly throughout the day, and while workin out

hrscowboy
04-18-06, 07:09 PM
I could remember when i went the 3 mile course in 12 minutes...

alexpw62
04-19-06, 01:45 PM
Alex it sounds like your busting you ass. Keep up the good work !

Thank you, Sir!

Parker-0321
04-19-06, 02:11 PM
My PT routine is kinda slow right now because im still in skool, but every day i run about 4 miles my road is 2 miles to the end so i run to the end and back, then i do 5 max sets of pull ups then 3 max sets of push ups then 3 max sets of crunches then i chase that with some monkey ****ers, side straddle hops, hello dolly's, flutter kicks, sun gods, mountian climbers,dirty dogs, or power squats. i mix it up from day to day except for the run, pull ups, crunches, and push ups, just so i dont get bored. when i graduate ill be living at the gym, but for now this works pretty good.

JGNichols
04-19-06, 07:18 PM
I like to keep it pretty simple. Everyday I go for 30 minute jogs in the morning and probably cover around 4 miles or so, give or take depending on my route, and at night I run at a much faster pace (not quite sprinting though) around my block for as long as I can manage. I'm currently up to 15 mins, but I'm working on it. After each run I alternate sets of 20 sit-ups and push-ups over and over again until I collapse in a sweaty pile.

Every other day I hit the bench press and do about 30 minutes of light-weight, high-rep chest, arm and back excersizes and as many squats as I can do until my legs get wobbly.

2boot
04-19-06, 11:49 PM
My rountine changes almost daily. I work 4 different schedules in a 5 day work week. I have poolee functions on Wednesdays. I run once or twice a day incorporating pull-ups before and after the run. I do interval training including, quarters, wind sprints, backward sprints, knee highs, heels up, and walking lunges(these babies will kill you after about 4 miles of running and doing 50 lunges every quater mile.) I include one long run a week, usually around 7-11miles.

I also do crunches when I wake up and before bed. My other ab work consists of everything from 6 inches to the bridge. I also do a 4 workout ladder system; 50 crunches, 1 pull-up, 2 dips, 3 pushups. Then I increase the pull-ups by 1 up to 10 total, dips go up by 2's, pushups by 3's, and crunches do the same. So my middle set is 50 crunches, 10 pull-ups, 20 dips, and 30 push-ups. I then go back down to 1 pullup. There is no rest in between each excercise and 90second rest between sets.

FistFu68
04-20-06, 12:26 AM
:usmc: SEMPER~FI~YOUR LAST! BUT THESE DAY'S I HAVE 2 EXERCISE MY GONAD'S!THANK'S TO UNCLE SAMMY~WITH THE V ~PILL & MY SUPER GAS MASK,TROJAIN'S FOR BOTH TONGUES,'NUFF SAID~ENJOY! :usmc: