PDA

View Full Version : Can this keep me from getting in...

hunt man09
04-16-06, 02:47 PM
I have been thinking about joining the MARINES for a couple of years now and I think it is what i want to do but last year i was mowing the lawn and something got stuck in the mower. I thought that it was shut off so i reached under and grabbed the rock that got caught in there but then the blade started and cut the tip of my left index finger off down to the nail it is all healed up now and i have full use of my finger but i wondered if this would keep me out of the MARINES i am right handed so i did not know if it mattered or not please help me out.

Phantom Blooper
04-16-06, 02:57 PM
Unless they changed the rules regarding finger digit amputations. As long as you can use that finger and it's not your primary trigger finger you should be good to go. Check with your recruiter for further details but..you should be alright. Good luck to you!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

hunt man09
04-16-06, 03:54 PM
Thank You for your help i was getting worried there for a little bit i thought that i wouldnt be able to join

awb5711
04-17-06, 10:27 AM
Are you worried because of your finger or are you worried about someone questioning your intelligence for reaching underneath a lawnmower???

outlaw3179
04-17-06, 11:40 AM
lol...damn awb....damn...........

Tallboot
04-18-06, 09:21 AM
Lol man this is nothing, If you went to a doctor and its in your Documents .. and they see it? i dont even think its a problem .. If you didnt go to the doctor .. then its not even worth mentioning to anyone.