PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service

rproctor922
04-12-06, 08:17 AM
I am prior service army, and i am thinking about going back into the military. This time i will do it the right way and Try for the title. That is what i should have done last time, but I guess I was scared. Well I am still worried about Recruit Training but I know I will do fine. I am 27 by the way and will be 28 before I can enlist.:flag:
:banana: :yes:

rktect3j
04-12-06, 08:42 AM
I had a prior Army soldier in my boot camp platoon. He did fine because he took what he learned from the Army and improved upon it. You got a taste of what lies ahead of you. No reason to be afraid at this point. Just do it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-12-06, 02:23 PM
My boot camp platoon had two prior service types. One had been in the Navy (he ended up being the honor grad) and one was in the Army. Both were great, and at least one of them is now a staff NCO. They both said that Marine Boot Camp was different, at times much more of a challenge, but they also excelled. I am sure you can do the same thing.

jetty546
04-12-06, 02:27 PM
Good for you! Go for it, if you don't, you'll wonder till the day you die if you had what it took to be one of the best. Get Some!!

rktect3j
04-12-06, 02:28 PM
Good for you! Go for it, if you don't, you'll wonder till the day you die if you had what it took to be one of the best. Get Some!!
My wife has that feeling. She was in the Army reserves.

Bige1371
04-12-06, 03:43 PM
You should definitely have a leg up on all the other recruits. When I was at boot camp we had a soldier in our platoon. He caught a bunch of s$%* from the DI's about getting a medal for throwing hand grenades and other things but he was on of the best recruits in the Platoon.

outlaw3179
04-12-06, 03:50 PM
Awesome. You should do good man. Just like all theese other Marines told you just use what you learned from the army and improve. I expect you to graduate as a squad leader at least if not the guide.

hrscowboy
04-12-06, 05:27 PM
Get er done dog face you have alot more experience than the recruits and i am like the others you should come out squad leader or guide..

GySgtRet
04-12-06, 06:17 PM
I wish you the best of luck in your persuit of being a Marine. However, I have a couple of questions to ask of you before you go for it. What is the nature of your discharge from the Army? If it is...

rproctor922
04-13-06, 06:19 AM
GySgtRet
E-3
Honorable
Not Medical
I am married

GySgtRet
04-13-06, 06:54 AM
I like the brevity of you answer no BS. How many dependents? Their ages may have an impact also, just consider the up rooting. It seems at this point that you have an excellent chance, everything seems to fit. Give a recruiter a call and make the first move be prepared and above all talk it over with the family make them part of your family's decision.

You will be vary welcomed into the Corps I think it will be a vary rewarding challenge.

rproctor922
04-13-06, 07:03 AM
2 Dependents (1 Stepson who lives with his father)

I have already talked it over with the wife. She has no problem with it.
She actually prefers militray life. She likes to move around. She did a lot of that
when she was young. She has already told me that she supports me no matter
what I choose.

GySgtRet
04-13-06, 07:33 AM
The support of the spouse is half of what is needed as long as she understands that. It may seem that we will know you as one of our brothers soon. Looking forward to it very much...

:thumbup:

rproctor922
04-17-06, 12:42 PM
Just a quick update in the last month I have lost 20 lbs. I still have a ways to go, but I will keep knockin them out.

ja98
04-19-06, 11:38 AM
Good job on loosing the weight... Im 26 and I am joining to good luck.

rproctor922
06-27-06, 09:34 PM
Just a quick update. I had a few set backs. Injuries and personal problems caused me to slack of some and I gained half of the weight back. Well problems solved, and injuries healed. I am back on the road towards earning the title. The injures were from pushing myself to hard too fast. So this time I am going to take it slower. I have lost five of the pounds that I gained back. Got a new diet plan designed just for me and a new workout plan. Hopeully I will be good to go within the next six months.

Till next time

Richard

rproctor922
06-27-06, 10:06 PM
Keep track of my progress on my blog.

http://usmcrecruithopeful.blogspot.com/