PDA

View Full Version : Daily Life

LoCapitano
04-07-06, 01:35 PM
I wanted to know some more info on how the daily life of an Infantry Marine Would be (on base, Not deployed)...

Do you "work" 7 days a week,

Do you train every day

how much time off do you get every day/week?

Thank you for your responces

outlaw3179
04-07-06, 01:44 PM
I posted this on another thread...but ill go ahead and repost here.

From my experience this is what it went like . Youd either be in the field that week or in garrison ( not in the field) . If you were to go out, you either hump out there, truck out there or id fly out there. (helos). When you got out there youd do all kinds of stuff depending out what was on the training schedule. Sit in the defense, assaults, room clearing it just depends on what your doing. Sleeping in the field isnt so bad. you get use to it even when its freezing or its raining . You just do it. Thats why your called a grunt.
When your in garrison your back at your base , reveille goes between 5-530 , P.t. in the morning , get some chow , maybe a formation , and then see whats on tap for the day. Sometimes its weapons cleaining, classes, maybe NBC, or just whatever we have to do. Most of the time, were usually off by 1630 (430 ) , when you get turned to your off. You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as your back by the appropriate time the next day. Usually weekends off.
To be honest with you as a grunt you have a lot of time off. Evenings, holidays, 72 here, 96 there. It just all depends on your command. But grunts earn all those hours off. When we train , were there to train. We hump , hump and hump. The humps youll get use to. and ill be honest with you . For me there was no greater satisfaction then finishing up a hump and knowing that you completed it. Sometimes living in the field is better than being in garrison just cuz all the b.s. that can go on back there.
Grunts are special people just cuz theyre dirty theyre mean and they dont like pogues. We can take alot of sh*t, we ***** alot but we get the job done. We deploy alot , were always going on some kind of excercise, CAX, Bridgeport, Rimpac, Fleetex, Socex, whatever it may be. Your just always busy. I honestly dont know the other side of the Marine Corps so yeah Im biased but damn, I had a ton of fun doing it. I hope this can at least answer some of your questions but whatever job you choose in the Corps Im sure youll enjoy it. But remember ... The whole Marine Corps revolves around the Infantry. Every other job in the Corps is to support the Grunts.

Stanley Hroszow
07-02-06, 06:10 PM
I posted this on another thread...but ill go ahead and repost here.

From my experience this is what it went like . Youd either be in the field that week or in garrison ( not in the field) . If you were to go out, you either hump out there, truck out there or id fly out there. (helos). When you got out there youd do all kinds of stuff depending out what was on the training schedule. Sit in the defense, assaults, room clearing it just depends on what your doing. Sleeping in the field isnt so bad. you get use to it even when its freezing or its raining . You just do it. Thats why your called a grunt.
When your in garrison your back at your base , reveille goes between 5-530 , P.t. in the morning , get some chow , maybe a formation , and then see whats on tap for the day. Sometimes its weapons cleaining, classes, maybe NBC, or just whatever we have to do. Most of the time, were usually off by 1630 (430 ) , when you get turned to your off. You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as your back by the appropriate time the next day. Usually weekends off.
To be honest with you as a grunt you have a lot of time off. Evenings, holidays, 72 here, 96 there. It just all depends on your command. But grunts earn all those hours off. When we train , were there to train. We hump , hump and hump. The humps youll get use to. and ill be honest with you . For me there was no greater satisfaction then finishing up a hump and knowing that you completed it. Sometimes living in the field is better than being in garrison just cuz all the b.s. that can go on back there.
Grunts are special people just cuz theyre dirty theyre mean and they dont like pogues. We can take alot of sh*t, we ***** alot but we get the job done. We deploy alot , were always going on some kind of excercise, CAX, Bridgeport, Rimpac, Fleetex, Socex, whatever it may be. Your just always busy. I honestly dont know the other side of the Marine Corps so yeah Im biased but damn, I had a ton of fun doing it. I hope this can at least answer some of your questions but whatever job you choose in the Corps Im sure youll enjoy it. But remember ... The whole Marine Corps revolves around the Infantry. Every other job in the Corps is to support the Grunts. and the 26 mile hump in full combat gear with the sweat rolling down Etc. Etc.

yellowwing
07-02-06, 07:25 PM
Here is a good archive discusison on Infantry Routine (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13911&highlight=infantry+routine).