PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Soreness

KMichael
04-06-06, 08:50 PM
Okay... I PT with my fellow poolees almost every wednesday night... we do our crunches, pull-ups (flex arm hang for me and Lanie) and then run for who knows how long... Anyway... EVERY thursday morning i wake up and can bearly move... is there anything I can do to help th stiffness? I stretch before and after i run and do all that good stuff but is there anything else I can do?

PerXes
04-06-06, 09:52 PM
How long are you stretching? I read somewhere that in order for your muscles to get a full stretch, you have to stretch for at least a full minute. What stretches do you do/what muscles are sore?

CrazyA4
04-06-06, 10:06 PM
Do you usually work out daily? If not, then start, the soreness will go away in about 2 weeks. Make sure not to over do it, that is usually the number 1 cause of soreness. Work your way up gradually. I've worked out, on and off for years, and for the first two weeks of a new work out regiment I'm always sore, sometimes so sore that it becomes impossible for me to straighten my arms or move in certain directions. after about 2 weeks it all goes away and I feel fine.

MKinney
04-07-06, 01:28 AM
When stretching, it's good to do each muscle for about 30 seconds and two times for each. Also drink lots of water, and make sure you are getting the nutrients your body needs (Potassium/calcium/etc) after a workout.

Mama
04-07-06, 05:22 AM
hey kiddo....a soaking in a hot bath never hurts either :P

Shadowman777
04-07-06, 07:11 AM
Okay... I PT with my fellow poolees almost every wednesday night... we do our crunches, pull-ups (flex arm hang for me and Lanie) and then run for who knows how long... Anyway... EVERY thursday morning i wake up and can bearly move... is there anything I can do to help th stiffness? I stretch before and after i run and do all that good stuff but is there anything else I can do?

I agree with Crazy - you are not working out enough. Move up to at least three times a week, and your body will get used to the exercise. As it is, you are only punishing it.

Just my thots -

Steve

Marine84
04-07-06, 08:15 AM
On top of working out more often - take a hot bath with some Epson Salts dumped in it - you'll feel like a new girl.

Mama
04-09-06, 05:45 AM
Thanks y'all...

Mama's on her now...

probably a funny picture actually....

short round Mama scolding and chasing tall skinny poolee :banana:

Smalcom
04-09-06, 11:15 AM
BANANNAS AND WATER, before and after your workout....(or Mortons light salt, mixed with water)... this works

LittleDevilDog
04-09-06, 11:28 AM
BANANNAS AND WATER, before and after your workout....(or Mortons light salt, mixed with water)... this works\

The PT Guru has spoken. :marine:

The Sandman
04-09-06, 12:21 PM
pain is just the way you know you accomplished something

Accord
04-10-06, 10:11 PM
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

When i'm on a run and I feel like quitting, my legs are burning, I can't even feel my feet... I just keep telling myself over and over again "PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY" and that always gets me through the run.

There is such a thing as good pain.

JGNichols
04-10-06, 10:31 PM
Thats one of my favorite motivational mantras as well.

I also like to remind myself that "those who sweat more in times of peace, bleed less in times of war".