PDA

View Full Version : MP School

SR-25
04-05-06, 10:36 PM
Im doing the split program in the USMC with 5811 as my MOS and I have a few questions.

What Military Police school do the MP's attend?
Do MP's get EVOC training?
What is the Policy on carrying a gun off base as an MP?
Are your arrest powers limited to the base?

Thanks in advance for your information. :usmc:

mpwildes
04-05-06, 11:03 PM
To answer your questions....

MP School is at Fort Leonardwood, Missouri for a period of 8 weeks. (Army Base)

Yes EVOC training is done either at school or out in the fleet.

You do not carry a weapon off base unless on duty and in the performance of your duties. you can apply for a concealed weapons permit depending on the state requirements. However you do not carry a personal weapon while on duty.

Jurisdictional agreements are different with all bases and then is becomes even more different overseas. You cannot just go out and apprehend someone out in town for things. However most agencies will work with you to make necessary apprehensions if deemed necessary

SR-25
04-05-06, 11:21 PM
To answer your questions....

MP School is at Fort Leonardwood, Missouri for a period of 8 weeks. (Army Base)

Yes EVOC training is done either at school or out in the fleet.

You do not carry a weapon off base unless on duty and in the performance of your duties. you can apply for a concealed weapons permit depending on the state requirements. However you do not carry a personal weapon while on duty.

Jurisdictional agreements are different with all bases and then is becomes even more different overseas. You cannot just go out and apprehend someone out in town for things. However most agencies will work with you to make necessary apprehensions if deemed necessary

Thanks for the quick response. Is it possible to request more time on duty than just the one weekend a month as a Reservist? Im trying to work it around college while im getting my AA, but would like to work as much as possible durring my free time.

mpwildes
04-05-06, 11:23 PM
Yes and no. Depending on the area, the base and personnel issues. I have seen it work and and I have seen it not work

SR-25
04-06-06, 12:03 AM
How many college credits do you get upon completion of MP school?

mpwildes
04-06-06, 12:27 AM
um about 6-10