PDA

View Full Version : I got disqualified!!!

HopefulGrunt2Be
04-05-06, 06:22 PM
:mad: Its only a temporary disqualification. My new ship date is 20060605. I was supposed to ship out 20060403... i was about 4 hours away from getting on the plane to head to MCRD SD. We had one final check up by the doc. And he noticed the scar on the back of my head......... I got into a fight in early March and either had a bottle broken over my head or i fell on a bottle which split my head open and needed 11 staples to close up the wound. They were out in a week, and it is all healed up but there is a pretty nasty scar. The doc's orders are to not allow anyone to ship until 3 months after a head wound. Therefore, i cant leave till 20060605.... I was P!SSED!!!! But rules are rules, i understand but it is still dissappointing. guess i have 2 more months to prepare.:mad:

outlaw3179
04-05-06, 06:32 PM
Damn that sucks! Just stay motivated and stay out of trouble and fights and youll be good to go. When I went in I was supposed to ship out July 17th 1997. At my going away party about a week earlier I got wasted , was jumping on some trampoline like a friggin idiot with some girls , came down on my ankle all weird and snapped the tendons or ligaments on my right ankle. Needles to say I didnt ship out. I ended up leaving on October 14th 97. When I got to the fleet all the boots who were "salty" had been there a few months. When I asked them when they got to boot camp..... July 17th lol..go figure. Youll be ok. :)

Shadowman777
04-05-06, 06:40 PM
:mad: Its only a temporary disqualification. My new ship date is 20060605. I was supposed to ship out 20060403... i was about 4 hours away from getting on the plane to head to MCRD SD. We had one final check up by the doc. And he noticed the scar on the back of my head......... I got into a fight in early March and either had a bottle broken over my head or i fell on a bottle which split my head open and needed 11 staples to close up the wound. They were out in a week, and it is all healed up but there is a pretty nasty scar. The doc's orders are to not allow anyone to ship until 3 months after a head wound. Therefore, i cant leave till 20060605.... I was P!SSED!!!! But rules are rules, i understand but it is still dissappointing. guess i have 2 more months to prepare.:mad:

Sucks - but probably wise given the nasty bugs in boot camp. They need you 100% b4 boot camp.

Now ... no more fights!!!!

Steve

Radiofantry
04-05-06, 07:12 PM

That means we'll be there at the same time, but not in the same platoon unless I get dropped back.

When you see other platoons on the drill field and stuff look for a 6'8 skinny white guy.

That's me!

Master Sephiroth
04-05-06, 07:42 PM
It sucks, but consider yourself lucky you can still go. I am permanently disqualified from military service.

CrazyA4
04-06-06, 12:30 AM
:mad: Its only a temporary disqualification. My new ship date is 20060605. I was supposed to ship out 20060403... i was about 4 hours away from getting on the plane to head to MCRD SD. We had one final check up by the doc. And he noticed the scar on the back of my head......... I got into a fight in early March and either had a bottle broken over my head or i fell on a bottle which split my head open and needed 11 staples to close up the wound. They were out in a week, and it is all healed up but there is a pretty nasty scar. The doc's orders are to not allow anyone to ship until 3 months after a head wound. Therefore, i cant leave till 20060605.... I was P!SSED!!!! But rules are rules, i understand but it is still dissappointing. guess i have 2 more months to prepare.:mad: Don't feel too bad, you'll be on the Island at the same time as me. I ship out at the same, If you see a short hispanic with a big blue tattoo on his right forearm, then that's me.

christine_06
04-06-06, 10:05 AM
that sucks, but at least you can still go, just stay MOTO.

CrazyBrave83
04-06-06, 12:44 PM
Bummer man, but staying moto doesn't seem like it'd be a problem for ya. Back in 2002 I had been temporarily disqualified, waited a year, finally enlisted, and then was Med Dropped on the Island. I'm still eligible though, so I'm working on getting back on the horse. This'll be the third time I go out for it, techcnially...but I figure I've learned from the pitfalls.

Keep up the PT and knowledge. Go down there sharper than you would've.

Future-USMC-LT
04-06-06, 05:23 PM
That means we'll be there at the same time, but not in the same platoon unless I get dropped back.

When you see other platoons on the drill field and stuff look for a 6'8 skinny white guy.

That's me!

Your height will become really funny when you have a little 5' tall Drill Instructor yelling at you.

BTW, when you are doing swim week, look for a tiny little half-cup sized DI named Sgt Henning. He's about 4' 10" and one of the meanest DIs I saw.

Radiofantry
04-06-06, 05:33 PM
Your height will become really funny when you have a little 5' tall Drill Instructor yelling at you.

BTW, when you are doing swim week, look for a tiny little half-cup sized DI named Sgt Henning. He's about 4' 10" and one of the meanest DIs I saw.

I'm sure it's not going to be funny to them, and I full expect extra IPT just because of guys with small man syndrome, haha.

And apparently I will most likely be nicknamed lurch.

The Air Force Officer that swore me in was about 5'4, so the polaroid that my recruiter took of us is hilarious.

BGMFH
04-06-06, 06:57 PM
Keep Motivated!