PDA

View Full Version : Mcmap

jinelson
04-05-06, 05:48 AM
Ok Poolees and wannabes I want to show you exactly what MCMAP can do for you after you have gained the knowlege. One day Pfc Feline USMC was engaged in a hostile manner by one of street thug terrorist Canine Bin Ladens followers. Notice the ease with which the Pfc dispatches her enemy. Now can any of you tell me what this awesome force MCMAP is?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/CatFight.jpg

Marine84
04-05-06, 08:14 AM
That's funny as hell!

The Sandman
04-05-06, 12:22 PM
Now can any of you tell me what this awesome force MCMAP is?

you mean what the acronym stands for? Marine Corps Martial Arts Program

Lorix
04-05-06, 03:29 PM
I say a flying round kick.... never seen one of those til now.

The pic is cute!

Lorix
04-05-06, 03:30 PM
Speaking of mcmap, do I have to be a cpl to go for green belt?

KMichael
04-05-06, 04:41 PM
thats freakin awesome! go kitty!

jinelson
04-06-06, 02:46 AM
So far so good Steve now lets hear about it. :)

Lithium
04-06-06, 03:06 PM
That Cats Better Than Chuck Norris On A Good Day Rofl

MKinney
04-06-06, 04:18 PM

Haha I was really tempted to make a Chuck Norris joke.

MintDragonfly
04-06-06, 04:53 PM
And we can do that by the time we're out of basic, right?

MarinePoolee911
04-06-06, 07:28 PM
Recruit Training

Lorix
04-07-06, 02:31 PM
And we can do that by the time we're out of basic, right?
Basic? Basic!?! You must be confused with the army, in the Marines, it's not referred to as basic, there's nothing basic about it. Just so you know, in the Marines it's recruit training, you might be able to get away with boot camp (but not in front of Drill Instructors).

Lorix
04-07-06, 02:33 PM
You will qualify for tan belt in recruit training, if you want to upgrade to grey, green, brown, or black, you have to wait til you get to the fleet.

outlaw3179
04-07-06, 08:21 PM

No one including that damn cat is better than Mr. Chuck Norris !

The power generated by one of Chuck Norris kicks has been known to power a small city for 3 days.

rb1651
04-07-06, 08:33 PM
Recruit Training

Bruce, OOOHHHRRAHHHH!!! Keep the moto, you're goin' be a fine Marine someday.

P.S. Outlaw, I'm with you, Bro, I'll take Chuck over any *****cat anyday!

:thumbup:

MKinney
04-07-06, 08:57 PM
No one including that damn cat is better than Mr. Chuck Norris !

The power generated by one of Chuck Norris kicks has been known to power a small city for 3 days.

I knew they would come!

My personal favorites of the Chuck facts are:
1) When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
2) The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Tabby
04-07-06, 09:05 PM
roflmao- that's great

BGMFH
04-08-06, 09:37 PM
Chuck Norris' Tears Cure Cancer, Too Bad He Has Never Cried.

MintDragonfly
04-14-06, 05:02 PM
sorry about calling recruit training basic training. I'll remember what to call recruit training now.

4-Chuck Norris has to sleep with a night light because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris
5- Chuck Norris went to the Virgin Islands once. Now they're called the Islands

Tobes03
04-15-06, 02:37 PM
Sorry to burst some poolees bubbles. But using MCMAP tan belt in a fight is about as useful as having the French on your side in a war.

CrazyBrave83
04-15-06, 02:40 PM
The higher levels of MCMAP are useful, but as Tobes mentioned, Tan Belt level is very, VERY situational, meaning basically everything has to fall into place for many of the moves to be effective. Before I re-enlist I hope to study a considerable amount of Krav Maga and Muay Thai. If it comes down to me and a Haji toe to toe, I'd rather fall back on either of those two disciplines...but that's just my personal opinion.

MCMAP is combat proven, that's for sure, but you'd more than likely have to go out for the additional belts to really gain anything that would save your butt.

Lorix
04-15-06, 07:34 PM
Hey, mcmap works. I've been in a few fights with some male Marines, most were just wrestling. I didn't use mcmap because I thought tan belt moves were pretty stupid, I have always fought street fight style, but dang, mcmap does work. I started see opportunities to do a leg sweep or something or other, just had strong urges at some point to do mcmap, but I decided not to, feeling it probably wouldn't help against someone 2 to 3 times my size. The male I was fighting used some mcmap, got me on the ground and tried getting me in a choke hold. Street fight is no match for some one that's had a lot of mcmap practice, they know how to block, joint manipulation, etc, next thing I know I'm lying on the ground in a choke hold, I was surprised at how effective mcmap really is.... by the way, he was grey belt with green belt experience, I am only tan belt.

Phantom Blooper
04-15-06, 08:14 PM
I've been in a few fights with some male Marines,

Did you kick them in the nuts?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

CrazyBrave83
04-15-06, 08:55 PM
Hey, mcmap works. I've been in a few fights with some male Marines, most were just wrestling. I didn't use mcmap because I thought tan belt moves were pretty stupid, I have always fought street fight style, but dang, mcmap does work. I started see opportunities to do a leg sweep or something or other, just had strong urges at some point to do mcmap, but I decided not to, feeling it probably wouldn't help against someone 2 to 3 times my size. The male I was fighting used some mcmap, got me on the ground and tried getting me in a choke hold. Street fight is no match for some one that's had a lot of mcmap practice, they know how to block, joint manipulation, etc, next thing I know I'm lying on the ground in a choke hold, I was surprised at how effective mcmap really is.... by the way, he was grey belt with green belt experience, I am only tan belt.

Oh I'm not saying it's useless, it's just very limited at lower levels, or so I've seen from most of my Marine buddies. It bases itself on a lot of styles that are great for takedowns, however, so it's got a good start.

And Naturally Street Fighting wont hold a candle to anyone who has any type of martial art discipline. 95% of Martial Arts are based on position and strength tranfser, meaning that you can be the small cat and still ruin a big dogs day (as evidenced by the photo). If someone knows what they're doing, they'll take the oppurtunites.

So I suppose I retract my last statement, because in truth, I do believe MCMAP is a VERY good program (and something former Marines could've benefitted from).

Lorix
04-15-06, 09:04 PM
Did you kick them in the nuts?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:
I sure did. I felt a little bad about kicking my Sgt in the nutz, he deserved it, but you know, me being a pfc, I could've got in a little bit of trouble for that, but I had a feeling he would've bring anything up against me, it would make it known all around my unit that he lost to a female pfc, and I think he would rather save himself the embarrassment.

Two days ago, I came really close to kicking my SSgt in the nutz, it was an accident, sort of. The other males were talking about how I like to fight, and I was in the conversation, my SSgt came up behind me and slammed his hands down on my shoulders, instinct kicked in, and my foot flew back right for the nutz, I really tried stopping it, managed to kick him in the leg instead, thank God! I turned around and saw it was SSgt, whoo, close call. I would've been in some trouble....