PDA

View Full Version : I have a dream..

LittleDevilDog
03-28-06, 02:37 PM
Here is the speech I wrote for Reading class last week. It is Martin Luther King Jr's Dream speach, with a Patriotic Twist. Let me know if you like it.

----

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest turn of respect for our servicemen and women fighting to preserve our freedom over the generations of time.

One score and eighteen years ago, Uncle Sam sent kids old enough to die for their country, yet too young to drink, to wage war against the people of North Vietnam. They were met with anti-war protesters, and insults such as “baby killers” by the protesters. No respect for the heroes and defenders of this countries freedoms, the very same freedoms that allowed them to disrespect the men and women of the armed services in North Vietnam.

But thirty-eight years later, we must face the tragic fact that now in 2006, the same disrespect flows in the veins of many Americans, full of hate for the war, taking it out on the men and women merely doing their jobs in Iraq.

I realize some of you listening are opposed to the war in Iraq, but understand it is not up to the military men and women on where they go, but the Congress and President’s decision.

Some of you are in fact the military men and women I am speaking of. Understand that hopefully, most of the harsh treatment you receive from the anti-war protesters are out of ignorance and lack of common sense to know that is it not you to choose where and when you go to war.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up against the disrespect and hate thrown from the fiery mouths of people who oppose the war spreading hate against the heroes of our fine nation.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that our wonderful nation will learn to respect our men and women of the military. These men and women will be admired, as children admire pro-athletes and celebrities.

I have a dream today!

Remember the veterans and fallen soldiers of the Revolutionary War.

Remember the veterans and fallen soldiers WWI and II.

Remember the veterans and fallen soldiers of Vietnam and Korea

Remember the veterans and fallen soldiers Operation: Desert Storm

Support and appreciate the soldiers of today, and the soldiers of tomorrow.

After all, they do it for YOU!

Parker-0321
03-28-06, 02:41 PM
sounds good man, i like it

GriT
03-28-06, 02:48 PM
OoRah!

jinelson
03-28-06, 02:49 PM
I have a dream that our wonderful nation will learn to respect our men and women of the military. These men and women will be admired, as children admire pro-athletes and celebrities.

I have a dream today!

Nice post Jon I share your dream. I hope you received a good grade for this.

LittleDevilDog
03-28-06, 02:52 PM
Nice post Jon I share your dream. I hope you received a good grade for this.

Glad you guys liked it so far.

I'm hoping I got a good grade too, my teacher called it, "potent."

She told me that that was a good thing haha.

KMichael
03-28-06, 05:22 PM
OOH Freakin RAH! That's just flat out freakin awesome.... YOu best be gettin an A++++++ for that stuff right there... Semper Fi my good man...

christine_06
03-28-06, 05:58 PM
well written, keep up the good work. oorah!

hrscowboy
03-28-06, 06:03 PM
You forgot the war between the states also let us not forget that. But if i remember right the man you mentioned that had a dream ended up 6 foot under, so i dont dream anymore..

NYcityborn
03-28-06, 07:10 PM
Thats nice,I like it,you put alot of effort in it.:)

LittleDevilDog
03-29-06, 04:35 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments on it, hopefully added some motivation to someone's day. Ooh-Rah!

You forgot the war between the states also let us not forget that. But if i remember right the man you mentioned that had a dream ended up 6 foot under, so i dont dream anymore..

I didn't pick the assignment, haha. That's my teachers call. I just Got'r Done and I thought since it was on the subject of the military, etc I'd post it.

rsta
03-29-06, 05:12 PM
I like it! It will be interesting to read what your teacher says of it's content and message. Keep us all posted.

Bob

LittleDevilDog
03-29-06, 07:13 PM
:marine:
I like it! It will be interesting to read what your teacher says of it's content and message. Keep us all posted.

Bob

Will do.

rb1651
03-29-06, 09:18 PM
Nice job. If that ain't an "A", I don't know what is.