PDA

View Full Version : Recruit drug question

Hunter101
03-25-06, 01:57 AM
Im new to the forums so Hello to everyone! And what a topic my first thread is about... Anyways Im embarassed saying this but a while Back I was at a party and I think someone had slid a drug in my drink. Later that night I was all sweaty and light headed and I felt like I had been drugged so I went to sleep and the day after I had described what happened to my doctor and he said from what it sounded like It could have been some nasty stuff like extacy, He also said the only way to tell for sure was to run blood tests but I couldnt do that without a parents consent so I told him to forget I ever came to him. Well I freaked out that day and ever since then I just kind of kept it to myself. I didnt want to tell me parents because I didnt want them to flip their lid. But now that im getting older I decided I want to join the marines and Im 110% sure its what I want to do. Im already working on my college credits to go in with a PFC program I belive its called. Anyways My question to you guys is, Will this be a problem? I mean if in fact I was drugged , will this disable me from joining the Marine Corp? I have a clean history and no drug or alcohol problems what so ever.

Thank you for the replies ahead of time. Sorry for the long post.

CrazyBrave83
03-25-06, 02:42 AM
If you pop on a test you will be disqualified from enlisting. Certain things can be waived but you need to bring them up prior, the drug use policy is pretty strict however. If I were you I'd go to a doctor and get the blood test done, just to find out. I'll be entirely honest, I'm sure you're telling the truth but the story just seems rather strange, so it'd be tough convincing the MEPS staff that you were targeted if it's brought out right on the spot. I'd get the test done, find out for sure, and if it's for real...well bring it up to your recruiter. It sucks cause even bringing it up could get you disqualified, but if you DEFINITELY know you're going to pop on the test, you've got more of a fighting chance bringing up the truth beforehand than you would have after the fail.

The Sandman
03-25-06, 03:18 AM
I agree, get the blood test. that way you know, one way or the other. Also, capitalize Marines please.

Afle9095
03-25-06, 07:10 AM
As my recruiter says "Just dont tell them." They are not going to give you a polygraph or anything. Also, I doubt very seriously you were drugged by ecstasy. Most pills are solid and take a while to disolve and you would have felt it swallow. Also, on X you fell extremely good and not light headed and bad. ANyways, besides the point, what they dont know wont hurt them. They just dont want druggies who do that stuff all the time. Hell I know a guy who passed the drug test at MEPS then he went back two weeks later, passed it and was let in. Not a big deal.

outlaw3179
03-25-06, 07:11 AM
If you did ecstasy that once and it was over a week ago it should be out of your system by now. Your not going to pop unless you keep doing it . X only stays in your system for 3 to 4 days.

Focus Fate
03-25-06, 07:38 AM
You'll be fine. But how stupid do you have to be to not watch your drink closely enough to not see someone 'drug' you. I call bull**** on this one.

bigdog43701
03-25-06, 08:01 AM
hunter101,

you were a victim, you need to report this fact 1st to your parents and then to law enforcement. your parents are not the big monster you may think they are. all parents want their child to be safe. we understand that kids will be kids. don't think for a minute that you are doing something we haven't.

as far as the X goes, you can do one of two things. 1-keep quite or 2-tell.

Hunter101
03-25-06, 10:27 AM
Thank you all for the responses, Its much appreciated. Im just worried This could effect my future with the Marines, Its something I have been wanting to do for a long time now.

FYI: I wasnt sitting there staring at my drink the whole time, I set it down and walked away a couple times. Anyways thank you all for the responses.Oh yeah this happened like a year ago.

rb1651
03-25-06, 11:42 AM
ANyways, besides the point, what they dont know wont hurt them. They just dont want druggies who do that stuff all the time. Hell I know a guy who passed the drug test at MEPS then he went back two weeks later, passed it and was let in. Not a big deal.

I have to disagree here. If you were to suspect that you might not pass a drug test, it is your responsibility to tell your recruiter that information. It's called "Integrity", which is what a Marine is expected to have to hold the title. IT IS A BIG DEAL.

Hunter101
03-25-06, 12:16 PM
I agree as well. I dont want to hide anything from my recruiter that could hurt me later on, It makes me look like a total @$$ and gives me a bad name later on.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-25-06, 12:31 PM
I don't see what the real issue is here. You don't know whether or not you took any drug, so you should be able to say, with out lying, that you didn't take any drug. On the off chance that there was a drug in your drink (which I highly doubt) and it was a long time ago (like you said) then it will not show up in a drug test anyway. Don't do drugs from this point forward and move on with life.

FistFu68
03-25-06, 12:51 PM
THE TRUTH IS THE WAY TO GO, IF WILLIE CLINTON CAN SMOKE BUT NOT ENHALE AND BECOME PRESIDENT! IF THE USMC CAN'T IT THERE'S ALWAY'S THE UNITED STATES ARMY. GOOD LUCK......

FistFu68
03-25-06, 01:09 PM
:evilgrin: TELL THEM THE TRUTH! IF WILLIE CLINTON CAN ADMIT TO HITTING THE PIPE BUT NOT ENHALING , AND BECOMING PRESIDENT! WELL GO FIGURE AND IF THE USMC CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH THERE'S ALWAY'S THE UNITED STATES ARMY! SEMPER FIDELIS GOODLUCK

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-25-06, 01:20 PM
Hunter101, tell you recruiter the truth. Regardless if you were drugged or you drugged yourself, as long as it was an experimental thing, and you arent using everyday, and as long as YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS DECISION, you are fine. And yes, if it has been atleast 5 days you will pass a drug test anyways (as long as u dont smoke pot), I was honest with my recruiter and i leave for MCRD SD in a week, and my situation was alot worse than yours. Your recruiter will tell you how to handle MEPS, but be honest with your recruiter, he/she will be your best friend through this process. Good luck.

CrazyBrave83
03-25-06, 01:37 PM
And you know, the truth of the matter is this.

I've felt sweaty, dizzy, and all manner of feelings at parties.

It's cause of lots of this: :beer:

Not drugs.

Tallboot
03-25-06, 03:08 PM
That **** happend to my dad, some girl chunked somthing in his drink and he was in the hospital .. and you dont get that from drinking a beer. If this happend like months ago then dont worry about it .. its not gonna come up on test .. you could acutally tell your recruiter they work with you on things like that ..

Hunter101
03-25-06, 08:05 PM
Also can someone give me a brief description of MEPS? Its pretty much just getting your blood taken and getting updated with all your shots and stuff right?

CrazyBrave83
03-25-06, 08:26 PM
MEPS is a long day of fun, and multiple if you're held for a reason (I personally was at MEPS for FOUR days).

You get there by 0600 if I recall, and you're divided up by Service. Once you're checked in with the Marine NCO there (usually a GySgt), you'll divvy up and do certain tasks. They keep you rotated to keep it moving...in my experience I started with a brief discussion on how to behave while at MEPS, followed by a BT, then the ASVAB. After this you go to medical, where you get everything from your eyes, ears, blood, ****, and bones checked out. It's a full blown physical. Don't expect to leave until noon at the earliest.

FistFu68
03-25-06, 09:30 PM
:scared: ASSUME THE POSITION,YOUNGBUCK...ALOT OF HURRY UP AND WAIT. IT'S NOTHING TO SWEAT FOR AWHILE ANYWAY. UNTIL THEY GET YOU BY THE GONADS AND MAKE YOU JUMP FOR JOY....IT'S NO BIGGEE ESPECIALLY WHERE YOUR GOING !!!! GOOD LUCK SON YOUR GONNA NEED IT !

Lithium
03-25-06, 10:03 PM
hunter...Im in your position (somewhat) too. Back about 6 months...I had a completely different attitude and I smoked Marijuana (on a couple occasions)....It was stupid to say the least...but the best thing you could do is be honest...because eventually it will come back to haunt you if you dont tell the truth.

Lithium
03-25-06, 10:10 PM
the fact that you dont have a criminal record also helps alot...like me...

BGMFH
03-26-06, 12:56 AM
Just did MEPS friday in Montgomery. <br />
<br />
Arrived 1600 Thursday, took the ASVAB. Sat and waited for shuttle to hotel. Recieved two breifings at the hotel about rules and regs at hotel. Slept. Up at...

Hunter101
03-26-06, 03:19 AM
When I talked to my recruiter he asked If I had any type of skin disease. I dont have a actual skin disease or anything but I have real small spots on my hands where my skin doesnt pigment or somethin like that, its just a lighter shade of white. So It totally crossed my mind to tell him, I need to call him back soon to let him know. Do you guys think that could disqualify me? Ive seen a skin doctor and they say its not harmful or contagious so im thinking its a dumb question, but its better to be safe then sorry. You guys have been giving me boatloads of good information, so your all a victim of your own sucess :D . Thank you all!

Afle9095
03-26-06, 06:29 AM
It seems to me that all these young kids in here are scared that any little thing they ever did will disqualify them. If the Military only ppl who have never done any drug at any point, there wouldnt be nearly as many people in the service. In reality, they dont give a sh** as long as you are not a user all the time. I know a guy who failed his drug test at Meps, and they told him he had 4 weeks to get clean and come back. He did and now he is a Marine.

hunter06
03-27-06, 08:06 AM
it deffinetly was not ectasy. plus it will be out of your system in about 3-4 days. but you should tell your recruiter whats going on because you dont want to get caught in a lie. i also got myself into some trouble simular to that right before i enlisted. i told my recruiter and he helped me out alot. if you have any questions you can private message me. good luck

Parker-0321
03-27-06, 08:59 AM
it was over a year ago, you didnt CHOOSE to pop it, you dont sound like a stoner, and your set on your decision. it wont be a problem. tell the recruiter he'll know what to do.

Marine84
03-28-06, 02:03 PM
I'm with you Afle9095 - bunch of neurotic kids! It was a year ago QUIT WORRYING! I was honest with my recruiter - when he asked what drugs I had done and when was the last time I had done them, I was honest - I told him weed and last night. He said "no you didn't" then he told me to pick a month, date and year and THAT was the answer that I was going to give to ANYBODY that asked me that question from then on. I fessed up at MEPS right before I got ready to sign that contract and get sworn in...............needless to say I had to stay at MEPS for another day and get a waiver.

As long as you're not a steady user AFTER you get in, trust me guys, they really don't give a rat's ass.....................

mlecorgne
03-29-06, 02:11 AM
tell don't, tell either way you are fine. look, if you tell your recruiter, it'll be worked around. no problems. if you don't tell, you aren't gonna pop anyway. you have had a year to get cleaned out. anyways, it wasn't intentional.

GunnyM
04-03-06, 01:19 PM
You should let your recruiter know - but, more than likely he isn't going to put anything down on your paperwork. You don't know whether or not you were slipped something. You could have been light...

LittleDevilDog
04-03-06, 04:30 PM
By the way.. what did you end up doing, Hunter?

christine_06
04-03-06, 04:53 PM
MEPS is a very long day, filling out paperwork and getting a physical, blood tests, UA, an eye exam, and writing any waivers for tattoos, police involvment, and drug use, depending on your MEPS station i don't know but i had to be at MEPS at 0500 and all the times i went to MEPS i never got to leave until about 1730, you'll have fun but whatever you do don't fall a sleep. i know from experience that they won't Disqualify you for your drug use if that's what happened. good luck.