PDA

View Full Version : Leaving early....

KMichael
03-23-06, 07:33 AM
Hey y'all... I'm leaveing a week early... Which puts me leaving on June 5th.... I'm okay with it but my mom isnt too happy about it... Any advice... Other than "Needs of the Corps"....

awb5711
03-23-06, 07:50 AM
What advice do you need?? Get on the bus!!

KMichael
03-23-06, 09:01 AM
What advice do you need?? Get on the bus!!

my mom is like hardcore flipping out about this... she's worried she wont be able to do the stuff she wanted to do for me before i leave... ive told her i all i want is her support in this she's not paying much attention to what im saying about it... I really dont want a send off or anything... I just wanna leave my hometown quietly... No big fuss or get together or anything like that....

So... How can I tell her without beating it into her head with a rock?

Marine84
03-23-06, 09:53 AM
Honey, you'll learn as you get older - there ain't no arguing with Mama - she's just freakin' out cause you're leaving home. You'll also see that she'll start spending WAY more money on yu now than what she ever did when you were living at home - but it's only because she's proud as hell. Let her do her thing. Hell, I'm 45 freakin' years old and MY Mother is STILL like that except now she tells me that she's spending my inheritance before she dies because that way she knows where it's going.

Lithium
03-23-06, 03:28 PM
hey honestly...I think as the date gets closer and closer, she will start to support you more and more...dont worry...she is a mother...thats her job

Phantom Blooper
03-23-06, 07:28 PM
What's seven days mom? When you will have a lifetime to cherish your Marine!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

CrazyBrave83
03-23-06, 08:11 PM
Trust me, no matter what time you leave, it'll be tough for your mother. That's just how they are.

I had 9 months in the DEP. And even that seemed too short for her. The day I left she was crying her eyes out, as if she hadn't had time to prepare.

I just assured her that I'd come back a better man.

...Guess I spoke too soon on that one. :(

Dont sweat it, they worry, that's their job. Just remind them you're going somewhere to train...to push yourself, to succeed. All qualities a mother loves.

Mama
03-24-06, 04:00 AM
my mom is like hardcore flipping out about this... she's worried she wont be able to do the stuff she wanted to do for me before i leave... ive told her i all i want is her support in this she's not paying much attention to what im saying about it... I really dont want a send off or anything... I just wanna leave my hometown quietly... No big fuss or get together or anything like that....

So... How can I tell her without beating it into her head with a rock?

Hey, just cause you actually caught me crying this time! Kinda caught me off guard, I hadn't even been awake for 10 minutes yet.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad Thumper.

You already know you have my support bratling...if ya don't know that by now then we need to check your hearing :p

As for the send off...you're gettin' a party, so suck it up...you're graduating, leavin for boot and turning 18 three weeks after you get to boot...I'm not sending b'day cards and stuffs, cause I don't want you gettin' smoked while you are there, so you're gettin' a party before you leave!

There Mama said it...that's it...

Love you kiddo ... you are already your mama's hero!

and the rock comment....
you're grounded hahahahahaa:banana:

Mama
03-24-06, 04:02 AM
7 days longer for me to live in denial that my baby girl is all grown up LOL

Seriously...not really all that much...except time...she grew up way too fast ... but from what I understand, every mom feels that way about their babies.

Marine84
03-24-06, 07:53 AM
AND...........to top it all off - once you get gone, Mama will start collecting (or she may have already started) EVERY piece of Marine Corps paraphenalia that she can find especially the ones that have "My Daughter is a United States Marine" on them - Tshirts, pins, sweatsuits, anything with a Marine Corps emblem on it. It's enough to make ANY Mama proud to have a child make it through Marine Corps boot camp but when us girls do it - well, THAT just makes us special! I'm proud as hell to be one of the few of the few myself.You go girl and thanks Mom!

Lithium
03-24-06, 07:56 AM
Im glad to see another mother on this forum...especially one of one of our the poolees...Mama Michael you Rock !!!

Mama
03-24-06, 08:12 PM
AND...........to top it all off - once you get gone, Mama will start collecting (or she may have already started) EVERY piece of Marine Corps paraphenalia that she can find especially the ones that have "My Daughter is a United States Marine" on them - Tshirts, pins, sweatsuits, anything with a Marine Corps emblem on it. It's enough to make ANY Mama proud to have a child make it through Marine Corps boot camp but when us girls do it - well, THAT just makes us special! I'm proud as hell to be one of the few of the few myself.You go girl and thanks Mom!

Well let's see... the car has the "proud parent" sticker, the USMC cling...the SemperFi license plate thingie...posters everywhere, and my lil poolee has a big surprise coming on her wall of fame when she gets home from Recruit Training...if ya really wanna know well..ya have to wait til she graduates..cause I want it to stay a surprise...I'm starting to collect clothing items...and the gang at work is already saying my office is soon going to be USMC everywhere!

KMichael
03-27-06, 09:05 AM
yeah... it's already started.... next she'll start collecting the coffee mugs and loose strings off my cammies... lol... but yeah.... stickers... clothes.... the works... it's kinda scary...

Mama
03-27-06, 11:03 AM
bratling :p

Lithium
03-27-06, 04:10 PM
can I borrow your mom for a bit? :P

quillhill
03-27-06, 05:54 PM
yeah... it's already started.... next she'll start collecting the coffee mugs and loose strings off my cammies... lol... but yeah.... stickers... clothes.... the works... it's kinda scary...

Oh dear. I'm nearly guilty of this. My brother-in-law is in the Air Force (yeah, he's not a Marine ... but it's better than him living at home until he's 25...)

Before he left for his first duty station -- Ramstein Air Base -- he nearly tossed one of his field jackets he was issued in basic because it had a miniscule pen stain that he couldn't get out. I was like, 'Gimme.' Sure, it hangs in my hall closet, but I have it.

When he was home in January, one of his GWOT ribbons went through the wash. I so snagged that. It's sitting on my desk. He's my younger brother, dammit. He's proudly serving his country.

So, I can totally understand your Mama getting like that. It's got to be a million times more emotional. My brother in law got a going-away party before he left for boot and Air Force basic is only 6 1/2 weeks! Just do like he did, leave all the growed-ups in one room and drag all your friends to another room or the backyard and party up. It's on her dime, anyway, and trust me, that won't last forever. Heh.

I don't blame her for being proud of you. Hell, I don't even know you and I'm proud of you.

KMichael
03-27-06, 06:33 PM
bratling :p
Dont call me bratling.... im a goober... :p get it right... besides... you know it's true... loose strings... dirt off my boots... EVERYTHING and you know it... heehee.... I love you!

Mama
03-28-06, 07:10 AM
Okay keep confusing me...Thumper!!!!

I thought Goober was your boyfriend...sheesh or your cat...
sheesh

I clip your strings......and throw them away!

and sure as heck not keeping the dirt off your boots ya brat. Just cause I still have your baby teeth, and clippings of your first hair cut...sheesh!

Though I do have one pic of your Marine career so far....Sgt Meredith yelling at you :D

Lithium:

Yup, you can borrow me if ya want :)

KMichael
03-28-06, 07:21 AM
can I borrow your mom for a bit? :P

yeah... you can have her.... dont think she wants to claim me after that last post... lol...

And ma... let me un-confuse you...

Goober= Bobert, Jester and Me...
Thumper= Me...
Silent Assassin = ME!
As well as freight train and anyother name i have come by in weight lifting and at pt...

So it's easy to be confused when it comes to me... Im just... Confusing... :yes:

Mama
03-28-06, 07:36 AM
for the last 17 years you've been bratling, thumper or pooker bear to me so ...
well..
suck it up...

no matter how big adn tough you get, you're still my girl...
The Corps may shape you,
But I raised you :)

jgorosco
03-28-06, 07:38 AM
Mama please do one thing, I don't know if everyone went through this but please whenever your daughter ask for pics from home, please for GOD's sake don't have the look like you just fininshed crying or you are crying!!! My mom was like that in every pic that was taken at holiday and family events. That really tugged at the heart strings for some reason. Your daughter will be fine, she will be in the company of her BROTHERS and SISTERS.

KMichael
03-28-06, 07:55 AM
pooker bear

RAAAAAAAWR! I cant belive you just called me that in public!!! Seriously.... How could you do that?!?! LOL... Heehee...... :D And you'll always be my mama bear!

Mama
03-28-06, 08:42 AM
Mama please do one thing, I don't know if everyone went through this but please whenever your daughter ask for pics from home, please for GOD's sake don't have the look like you just fininshed crying or you are crying!!! My mom was like that in every pic that was taken at holiday and family events. That really tugged at the heart strings for some reason. Your daughter will be fine, she will be in the company of her BROTHERS and SISTERS.

Well...that's why I'm stocking up on "together" and "happy" pics now...I'm also gonna play tic tac toe with ehr through the mail....or hangman...hehe

But she won't get any sad pics .... Don't wanna bring her down...spent 17 years keeping her safe and keeping her encouraged and as happy as I could...so...I'd hate to make Recruit Training any harder for her.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Always good to hear from Marines who've been there, to help me help her stay positive through the tough times.

...and Thanks for your Service :flag:

theiceman1964
03-28-06, 09:52 AM
Poolee K. E. Michael ,
Twenty 23 years ago the same thing happen to me. What I can say is this. Your now an adult and you have to start your life. Tell your Mom you love her and understand her feelings, but this is something you want to do and need to do for you. It is out of your hands to live early. Let her know you will write as often as yolu can while in Boot Camp. Hope this helps
Semper Fi
Top.

Phantom Blooper
03-28-06, 05:45 PM
Thumper!!!!

Isn't that a cute little Disney rabbit? Or is there another meaning here that we can be made privy too?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

Mama
03-29-06, 07:27 PM
Isn't that a cute little Disney rabbit? Or is there another meaning here that we can be made privy too?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

It's rather cute, her fellow poolees gave her that nick name.

When she's doing somehting that requires a lot of effort, strength or concentration, she'll pause, and do the "thumper thing" with her foot, then go on and complete whatever she's doing.

When she was weightlifting, she'd "Thumper" at that break point
When she's pushing for more crunches she'll stop and "Thumper" and push out several more...
At PT she'll "Thumper" and complete her task...whatever it is LOL

So...since it fit so well, she got the nick....and yup it is after that cute lil bunny in Bambi :D

Rather fitting since she's cute as a button and hard as a rock ;)

KMichael
03-30-06, 02:34 PM
Theres another thing behind it too... heehee... At school this one really annoying girl will start annoying me and so i'll thump her when she starts getting really annoying... So she dubbed me thumper... ^^

Mama
03-30-06, 07:47 PM
startin' trouble at school eh???

KMichael
03-30-06, 08:01 PM
startin' trouble at school eh???

nope... baldus just being herself... but im not starting anything... :confused: not that stupid... i have less than 4 weeks of school left...

Mama
03-30-06, 08:36 PM
ROFL

I know bratling...just pickin' on ya:p

Baldus can be.... well....yeah...:yes:

rb1651
03-30-06, 08:59 PM
This thread is just soooooo awesome!!!!! Mama and poolee, I just want to thank you for sharing yourselves with us. Kaydra, best of luck to you in boot camp, there is no doubt in my mind that you will earn the title. Mama, rest assured, your daughter has joined the greatest organization that mankind has ever known.

Mama
03-30-06, 09:59 PM
Have no doubt...I'm proud of her...

Worried, and suffering from that emptying nest thing...

But really proud of her :D

As I've said before...she's already my hero...

KMichael
03-30-06, 11:06 PM
Have no doubt...I'm proud of her...

Worried, and suffering from that emptying nest thing...

But really proud of her :D

As I've said before...she's already my hero...

You're just proud of me because youre my mama... ENS... Dont worry about it... It's all good... ill be going through NNS (No Nest Syndrome)... :( lol

Mama
03-30-06, 11:29 PM
You're just proud of me because youre my mama... ENS... Dont worry about it... It's all good... ill be going through NNS (No Nest Syndrome)... :( lol

Once you get through RT, the Corps is your nest sweetie...don't worry you'll have a nest :angel:

KMichael
04-03-06, 09:12 AM
Once you get through RT, the Corps is your nest sweetie...don't worry you'll have a nest :angel:
Can I please be left to my wishful thinking? Lol... Just kidding... It's all good... And besides... I'll always have a home in The Grove... ^^

Mama
04-04-06, 06:27 AM
Yes, you will have a nest here as long as you need it.
:P

Bratling