PDA

View Full Version : pretty funny

fender
03-22-06, 03:37 PM
A army recruiter came to my government class today and I just happen to be wearing cami bottomes and my RSS Arlington poolee shirt. well during his speech he asks me... " why did you join the Marines?" Well the first thing I said was.... "BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE THE BEST" yep.. i said that to an Army recruiter. I was crackin up with the rest of the class untill I relized exactly what had just rolled off my tongue. because the army recruit office is right next door to The Marine office I went to him after class and explained to him that I was not trying to be disrespectfull so that he wouldent tell our Gunny at the office I was Being disrespectful. He tried to play off that he wasn't embarassed but the look on his face when I didn't say "To Serve My Country." And go along with his speech. but oh well. I told My recruiter and he just laughed.:)

outlaw3179
03-22-06, 04:05 PM
No need to apologize...you were just being honest !

Zippo
03-22-06, 04:11 PM
you just made my day!

PooleeNGN
03-22-06, 11:39 PM
hahaha sounds like what i said to the Navy recruiter. i was talking to my friend who was looking at the Navy stuff and i was like ur thinking about the navy???!! and she was like no and blah blah blahim just checking it out. me and one of my soon to be poolee brother was talking to my ofriend saying man navy dude *quietly, i say we're tougher*??! lol the Navy guy said hey, all 3 of us looked back and he was like what did u say. why dont u try and give it a shot and see if its tough enough for you. haha i laughed and said i joined the Corp. he asked why did i do that, dont i want to go on cruises and travel the world. i said yeah but My A** Rides In Navy Equipment. lol

LittleDevilDog
03-23-06, 05:13 AM
Fender,

Yeah, there really is no reason to appolgize bro. He asked you why, you answered and told him exacty why, that simple. He should have been smarter than to ask such a motivated young man joining the Corps, the one that went the RIGHT way.

Hope it didn't hurt his recruit in-take numbers TOO bad. lol.

fender
03-23-06, 01:22 PM
no kiddin I definately dont' think he'll be getting many recruits from that class since every one in there was laghing at him.

Marine84
03-23-06, 01:50 PM
awwwwwwww poor dumb bast__d

NYcityborn
03-23-06, 05:33 PM
A army recruiter came to my government class today and I just happen to be wearing cami bottomes and my RSS Arlington poolee shirt. well during his speech he asks me... " why did you join the Marines?" Well the first thing I said was.... "BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE THE BEST" yep.. i said that to an Army recruiter. I was crackin up with the rest of the class untill I relized exactly what had just rolled off my tongue. because the army recruit office is right next door to The Marine office I went to him after class and explained to him that I was not trying to be disrespectfull so that he wouldent tell our Gunny at the office I was Being disrespectful. He tried to play off that he wasn't embarassed but the look on his face when I didn't say "To Serve My Country." And go along with his speech. but oh well. I told My recruiter and he just laughed.:)HAHA,thats what he get,its true what Jon said,he should not asked at all:banana:

CrazyBrave83
03-23-06, 08:03 PM
Back when I was in HS, I was in line to be DEPed in (was eventually told to hold off due to the knee, but that's another story). Anywho, one day we had a career fair, and the USMC and Army recruiters showed up. My buddy Pat was already enlisted and slated to leave June 22nd 2002, and he and I were going to attempt to ship together...so I had already made good buddies with the recruiting Staff. So during this Career fair, Pat and I are wearing USMC Shirts (Green with White Letters) and standing behind the recruiting table, handing out info, talking to fellow students.

During this time I also walked around the cafeteria to check out some colleges (just for s***s and giggles) and happened to walk by the Army table.

Now at this Army table was a total jerk of a recruiter named Sgt. Raposo. I remember him well because he seemed to have a hair across his a** for every Marine Recruit. He looks at me and goes:

"And why would you want to go Marines?"

I replied "The Corps offers me many things that the Army doesn't, Sgt."

His reply "What's that?"

"The pride of being part of the finest fighting force this world has ever seen, Sgt."

He kinda grumbled at this, and was like "What are you going to do in the Corps? You know the Army offers 212 Jobs."

And I was like "None like Marine Infantry. And I'd like to go Scout Sniper and maybe Recon if I can qual."

His reply was "You know where Marine Recon trains? Army Facilities."

I just looked at him and was like "With all due respect, Sgt, if Bruce Lee trained in my backyard simply because I had the space it wouldn't make me able to kick his a** in a fight."

My recruiter must've seen what was going on cause he was behind me and he just laughed and said "You wouldn't want this one, anyway."

Anywho, you'll deal with it but only because they fear ya. You're one that decided to push yourself further, and that really ruffles their feathers.

NYcityborn
03-24-06, 12:22 AM
something happen yesterday,where an Army guy,not a recruiter tho,well,it goes like this,I walk up to him,and I can tell he was in the Army,so I asked,he served in the Army,well,with out me saying anything,he said I should join to repair helos,I didnt even say I wanted to join the Military,then after he told me that,I said ''thats ok,I want to join the Marine,and become Infantry'',he was just like ''oh'',I dont think he liked that,:)

Parker-0321
03-24-06, 08:56 AM
The navy always comes up to my skool, they ask me why i joined the CORPS and said im just gonna be a bullet sponge, i said id be a bullet sponge b4 id be a SQUID.:banana:

KMichael
03-24-06, 09:03 AM
yeah... i had a n army recruiter ask me why i joined the corps... then he CALLED me later that week and asked me again... And I told him it was because Marines are the best and little short handed when it comes to having females... he didnt know what to say after that other than "okay... have a nice day..."

AmyG
03-24-06, 03:08 PM
My dad is retired Army, and the only reason he disliked me going into the Marines instead of another branch is because he knows the Marines are tougher and he's worried about his "baby girl". And he has told me before "Marines do the work, the Army gets the credit, and the Air Force gets the money." So he's one Army guy that will admit that the Marines are better in many ways. lol

Lissers19
03-24-06, 03:42 PM
Wow, I can't believe all this is happen Amy- It all just seemed like a dream for you, but now it's reality! I am sure gonna miss you but I know that like I said this is a dream for you- and is sure to soon be a dream come true!!

Accord
03-27-06, 01:06 AM
An army recruiter asked me why I joined the Marine Corps and I told him quite bluntly that in this day and age I may find myself in Iraq or somewhere else and he acknowledged the probability of me being sent there is certainly very high, and I told him should I ever find myself in combat, there is no one i'd rather have next to me than a United States Marine. He wished me good luck and walked away.

yellowwing
07-05-06, 04:21 PM
The Army recruiter is a professional that knows his job. To all you motivated Marines to Be, the Army guy knows he's got nothing to offer you when you sound off with your inherent guts and determination, "I'm going to be a MARINE!"

WannabeAT
07-07-06, 09:53 PM
Marines do the work, the Army gets the credit, and the Air Force gets the money.

I love it!:bunny:

mirabito2
07-10-06, 02:17 PM
HAH! Wish I could have seen the look on the poor guy's face.