PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Marines...Where did it go?

Kidd916
03-21-06, 11:30 AM
I hope this story starts a fire, I know it did with me when i heard it...*Keep in mind this story is written from a telling point, i did not witness this. It was told to me by the friend*

My friend ( Who jsut got out of boot camp and is on leave with recruit assitance) and I were walking through the mall when we came across an "Anti-War"/ Anti-Military person while leaving. The man approached us and looked my friend who was wearing his unifrom and asked "Son, why is it that you wear that trash (refering to his uniform)". My friend replied " Sir, i wear this unifrom because I am proud to be a United States Marine". The man then was quick to reply and said "So your proud to support the killing of innocent people and the desctruction of an innocent country". Before my friend could respond, the man said to him "You should be ashamed of yourself, wearing that suit that supports bloodshed and killing". The man then SPIT on his uniform, turned around and walked away. Yes, you heard it right....he SPIT on my friends unifrom and walked away.

In disbelief, i looked at my friend who was looking at the ground with a tear in his eye and said to him " Dude, he doesnt understand. He will NEVER understand what it takes to complete what you have endured. Dont let this get to you, you ARE doing something right. When hes laying in his death bed wondering if he ever did anything with his life, you wont have that problem. You are a Marine".

My friend smiled and say "Thanks man"

How would you guys react to this? He did not tell his recruiter. I just want to know why people like that do it? I dont go around to their protests spitting on them. Any input would be cool. God bless you all, i leave for MCRD San Diego in 19 days, and i cant F***ing wait.

Brooklyn
03-21-06, 11:39 AM
I don't know if bootcamp will make me more disciplined and thus more prone to letting things like that go, but if someone spat on my the way I am today I'd do everything in my power to make sure he was never able to spit again. Spitting on a person is considered to be a form of assault, so I think he had the right to defend himself, although that probably wouldn't have been the best thing for the Corps. Too bad he was in uniform.

jgorosco
03-21-06, 12:06 PM
I tell you what if this happened to me NOW or THEN when in uniform or out of uniform this piece of sh*t that hates the military and what we stand for, would have caught the Azz whoopin of his life. You can hate on the govt or the reasons we are fighting, BUT DON"T EVER DISRESPECT THE UNIFORM OF the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!! Another thing that gets me is your friend shed a tear being right out of BootCamp with NO reaction.

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-21-06, 12:07 PM
Some of the Marines/poolees on this board might remember I had a simlilar siuation arise when i was at a poolee function. We were standing in formation practicing drill, and some anti-bush/anti-war lady ran in the middle of it and started going off about how we were being sent to iraq to die for george bush and some other **** like that. Then i saw the lady when i was leaving and told her i was proud to protect her way of life.
You just have to remember that if it werent you guys like your friend (who is already a Marine), and us (who aspire to become Marines), that the guys like the one you encountered wouldnt be able to do the kinds of things they do. That is the great thing about America. We are a free people. We can speak freely, and we can act freely. I feel that deep down these anti-war/anti-bush people really do understand that. They understand that the brave people in the armed forces are protecting their freedom. They are just misinformed about the situation. They think all we are doing over there is killing people. But as everyone here knows, thats wrong. Yes, there is killing involved, but we are helping those people so much its not even funny. And if we were to pull out now, we would be right back where we were 3 years ago. I think what you said to your friend was the best thing you ould have said, i wouldnt have been able to say it any better myself. Im sure you comforted him as much as possible given the situation.
PS- i leave for MCRD SD in 12 days...see you there!

outlaw3179
03-21-06, 12:23 PM
I would have cracked his mothafukin forehead. That guy most have been outside his mind. I know that he has a right to say what he wants, and yes were defending his rights and yada yada yada....I would have beat that little monkey senseless. Spit on my uniform...especially when I had just gotten out of bootcamp. When I first graduated I thought I was invincible. Probaly would have gone to jail ..so what.. it would have been well worth it.

GySgtRet
03-21-06, 12:30 PM
I would have if in uniform asked that the person that just spit on me for the money to get his nasty sh*t off of my uniform or words to that effect. Depending on how chicken sh*t he (she) was I may engage them not verbally but physically. That is an asault no matter how you look at it. In the laws of our great democracy you are defending yourself. I am maybe looking at this the wrong way. With no emotion at all I would clean his clock if provoked. No better friend no worse enemy.

The other response would go get the authorities and have them take care of it. Did you ever try to get mall security to do anything. Given this same situation I would opt for the first one. If this offends any liberals go to a country that allows this I am tired of apologizing for being a Marine.

Brooklyn
03-21-06, 12:46 PM
I'm a Liberal and I would have been sharing a cell with you in that situation. Being a Liberal doesn't mean that I'm pussy or a pacifist.

Marine84
03-21-06, 01:09 PM
I would have knocked the S__T out of ANY man that would have had balls to spit on MY uniform! What a low life!

GySgtRet
03-21-06, 01:30 PM
All,

That's what I said but I put sugar on it so I wouldn't offend anybody. KNock the sh&t out of him yes. And I know he has his rights the right to get his AZZ kicked by a Marine.

:mad:

jgorosco
03-21-06, 01:32 PM
Brooklyn there you go looking for an argument again. No one said you or a liberal was a pu**y or a pacifist. But it was a liberal, I am assuming, that disrespected this Marine. So I think the Gunny's comment was directed to all that disrespect OUR Uniform and What We Stand for.

Brooklyn
03-21-06, 01:36 PM
I'm not looking for an argument. I never am. I was just saying that I'm a Liberal and I would have done the same thing. No offense was meant.

I think maybe I'll just stop posting for a while, give you all time to forget about my politics.

Later.

GySgtRet
03-21-06, 01:37 PM
Yes your right. I did not point out anybody. I didn't know that about him Brooklyn. Sometimes you just gotta keep it inside. Let it go. You are not always a target. If you hadn't spoken up...

jgorosco
03-21-06, 01:44 PM
Brook I could careless about someones politics. Just stop being soo defensive all the time. You will learn when you get in, you can't always voice your opinion in the Corps. That is what I am trying to get across to you. Keep posting, don't worry about being a target cause everyone is one every now and then.

Brooklyn
03-21-06, 01:53 PM
I'm not saying I thought I was a target. My post was in response to the GySgt saying he doesn't care if it offends Liberals. I was just saying that I'm a Liberal and I would have stomped the guy just as he would. That's all.

Have a good day people.

jgorosco
03-21-06, 02:01 PM
You too Brook, you have a good day and good luck

outlaw3179
03-21-06, 02:34 PM
lets all hug and stomp some hippies :)

Static_Sky25
03-21-06, 02:43 PM
straight outta boot (was injured therefore didn't even finish) kept my skivvy shirts tho.. was wearin one (had my plt # stenciled on) at work one day fella came up and told me how much of a pussy I was because I was involved with people who killed unarmed women and children...I lost my job.. he lost 2 teeth, I've always had a bad temper. My Di's instilled almost enough discepline to control it... but people will only take so much ya know

Not gonna say it's right or wrong.. I think the Marine in this story shoulda dropped that a$$bag however

just my 2 pennies tho

Static_Sky25
03-21-06, 02:44 PM
and I'll be there LOL

Marine84
03-21-06, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by outlaw3179

awwwwwwwwwwwww............................can I get in on this one?

ggyoung
03-21-06, 04:01 PM
How fare is one willing to go in defending our Corp? Evin if this a$$--hole spit on his uniform, you punch the guy. He files a asult and battery on you. If the cops haul you to jall and you are late reporting in, you are UA. If they find you guilty and jail time. Then what? You have only blink of an eyi to think about all this. Just for the record I would have beat this guy to within a inch of his life. You troops don't have it near as bad as we durning Vietnam. In 1966 or 67 I can't rember which the damn hippies hung 2 Marines in the LA airport. It was advised that we not wear our uniforms on leave.

Phantom Blooper
03-21-06, 04:44 PM
I'm not looking for an argument. I never am. I was just saying that I'm a Liberal and I would have done the same thing. No offense was meant.

I think maybe I'll just stop posting for a while, give you all time to forget about my politics.

Later.

I'm not saying I thought I was a target. My post was in response to the GySgt saying he doesn't care if it offends Liberals. I was just saying that I'm a Liberal and I would have stomped the guy just as he would. That's all.

Have a good day people.

I thought you said you weren't posting no more! :banana:

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

Kidd916
03-21-06, 04:48 PM
It was advised that we not wear our uniforms on leave.

I hope it never gets like that again. I have nothing good to say about liberalls, pacifists, and anti-war people. But, ill keep my mouth shut with my spit inside my mouth.

in the city that i live in which is rocklin, there is an anti-war protest on the corner of sunset and park almost everyday...i think before i leave for boot im gonna set up across the street from them with my 4ft by 6ft Marine corps flag, and a sign that says "HONK IF YOU LOVE MARINES". anyone want some pictures? or care to join me? it wll be done in 18 days :D

ggyoung
03-21-06, 04:51 PM
Kidd916 Wish I could. Sounds like fun.

outlaw3179
03-21-06, 05:00 PM
I would love to see that Kidd916!

Zippo
03-21-06, 05:01 PM
yea if someone spit on MY uniform after i'd spent three months earning the right to wear it, you're god d*mn right i'd be spending the night in the clinker for smashing him right in his mouth

outlaw3179
03-21-06, 05:01 PM
ggyoung...what do you mean they hung some Marines?

lovdog
03-21-06, 05:12 PM
Kidd!
One thing I have found out thru the years is that most of the people that you come in contact with are basically pretty decent - I would say about 95% or so. Its the 5% that are just plain As*holes and are put on this planet to make ones life miserable!! They unfortunately, are spread out all over place and you never know when one will surface!! They crawl out from under rocks and not worth the bullet to put them out of their misery!!!
The Marine that finished boot camp ran into one of these idiots by chance and decided not to lash out - that was his choice at that moment - right or wrong!! The bigger problem that I see is that he hung his head??? And why??
Ok, so some would say - get in the dude's face - spit in his eye!! Or whoop his butt til he cries for his mama!! Its over for now - what he decides to do from here on is what counts!! That was yesterday!!
He is a Marine!! Has gone thru training that only those that have gone thru before know how intense it can be. He has earned a title that he should be proud to wear - the title that so many have gone into battle and put their lives on the line in the defense of their country!! He has taken an oath to follow orders of his superiors thru our country' s chain of command!!
The President and members of our Congress have voted to take this war to Afghanistan and Iraq and this has passed by the majority vote as needed.
Right or wrong - as a Marine, you have been instructed by your "Country" to go to war - and to do the best that you can to win that war!! And yes, as Mr.(the Donald) Rumsfeld put it - "thats what you get paid for - to put your life on the line!!"
Now, there is a new responsibility!! Your friend, and about a couple of million other military, are the only thing that stands between freedom and slavery for our nation!! If all of us became pacifists - we wouldn't last a day!! Russia, China and a host of others would come a'knocking at our door to claim the "grand prize" of the good ol' USA!!
In war, people die - its just a fact of life!! Most Marines do what they can to prevent the innocent from becoming victims - sometimes this isn't possible to avoid. There are some in the military that commit crimes on the innocent, sure, but these are isolated cases and unfortunately they have given us all a bad name in the process!!
In all wars, there are those that would oppose us being in a war!! Some (like the spitter) have no respect for themselves or others and yes, as a Marine, you also have to protect the likes of him. This vermin carries a plague that only can be erased by Marines that refuse to be intimidated by the empty words and the cowardace that they carry - because he will hide behind you while you risk your life to save him!! You are a Marine! Don't bring yourself down to this idiot's level!! As far as I'm concerned - jerks like him are the sh*t that you scrape off the bottom of your boot!!! SF

ggyoung
03-21-06, 05:15 PM
:cry: Outlaw the hippies hung them in one of the restrooms untill they were dead. Don't ask how I don't know.

ggyoung
03-21-06, 05:26 PM
:( :( Lovdog How right you are. Have you ever stoped to think how Marines and army guys have been killed becouse they stoped to let mama-san and kids get out of the way? Lots. and they call us baby killers?

Accord
03-21-06, 06:07 PM
If someone spit on the uniform of a police officer, they would have been thrown to the ground, handcuffed, arrested, and charged with all sorts of things. <br />
<br />
If someone spits on you, you don't know...

Lithium
03-21-06, 07:18 PM
I totally agree...Im not a violent person...I never have been...thats one of my reasons for joining the Marines is so I can tamper my "inner Violence" :D...I am also not that intimidating....lol...I have alot to work on to be a Marine...

Anyways...Brooklyn, I also use to be a pretty left-liberal...but then I did my history and reallized that in many instances in history, extreme liberals have done very low stuff....I am now more of an "in the middle" kind of guy...anyways, the same holds true to liberals that does to Armed Forces, a few bad apples give good decent liberals a bad name. I dont agree with any of the hardcore liberal views anymore...

In the situation with the guy spitting...I would have gotten in his face and told him what I think of him...(more like antagonize him to shove me) then absolutely destroy him and make it so he couldnt spit again...(IE severely broken jaw). But i respect your friend for having so much discipline....but I would bow my head....I would hold it high :)

CrazyBrave83
03-21-06, 07:23 PM
My guess is your friend was wearing his Service A's...

If I were in his position I would've made that stupid **** eat my **** cutter or barracks cover, whichever he was wearing.

sammo777
03-21-06, 07:25 PM
I woulda knocked his lights out and then spit on his face, thats too much disrepect dude!! How did you friend just stand there..... I mean i give him props for not hitting him.. that musta took alot.. but damn... i would be one ****ed off Marine.. and you dont want a ****ed off Marine on you.. lol

Static_Sky25
03-21-06, 10:24 PM
I hope it never gets like that again. I have nothing good to say about liberalls, pacifists, and anti-war people. But, ill keep my mouth shut with my spit inside my mouth.

in the city that i live in which is rocklin, there is an anti-war protest on the corner of sunset and park almost everyday...i think before i leave for boot im gonna set up across the street from them with my 4ft by 6ft Marine corps flag, and a sign that says "HONK IF YOU LOVE MARINES". anyone want some pictures? or care to join me? it wll be done in 18 days :D

but our drill instructors advised us to not Travel in our uniforms , if something should happen (say a terrorist hijacking of a plane) it makes you a target

ivalis
03-22-06, 06:18 AM
It seems that these stories involving Marines/servicemembers being disrespected never, I repeat, never include names/dates/places.

In addition, the individual posting tend to refer to "stories I've heard".

Sounds like another urban legend in the making.

Remember the story bout the convenience store refusing service to a Marine, turned out to be baloney.

jgorosco
03-22-06, 08:36 AM
Ivalis, I ask that you look at this link on Snopes and see if the story is true or false. It has names and locations and I think dates.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/refused.asp

wannabemarine10
03-22-06, 08:47 AM
wouldn't that be more than just assault. Wouldn't it be a federal offense.
he was in his uniform and he is an employee of the u.s. government.

Tallboot
03-22-06, 09:01 AM
what the hell ... i doubt this story is real, but you dont let anyone do that TO something you lost sweat,blood,and energy for. Hell when i get mine im going to where it in the mall 24/7. I acutally hope someone comes up to me like this.
I Might gota crack a skull, ill be proud to say i defended it

Tallboot
03-22-06, 09:04 AM
o yea .. and woop his ass, you dont spit on someone Marine Dress blues

Tallboot
03-22-06, 09:17 AM
Im wearing my Uniform on leave, i dont care who doesnt like it .. i dont like liberals, hippies, and other things but guess what? i keep my damn mouth shut, and if they say somthing there getting a...

003XXMarineDAD
03-22-06, 01:44 PM
It seems that these stories involving Marines/servicemembers being disrespected never, I repeat, never include names/dates/places.

In addition, the individual posting tend to refer to "stories I've heard".

Sounds like another urban legend in the making.

Remember the story bout the convenience store refusing service to a Marine, turned out to be baloney.
Well IV I have stood on street corners against the Anti war crowd and when they come over to stand in front of me and wish my son to die in Iraq.I guess that is a lie to according to the Great IV GUMP.

fender
03-22-06, 03:06 PM
no offense, but some people have a little more humility than to just jump down every bodys throte who crosses them. but i do agree that if someone did that to the uniform that i will proudly be recieving in abou 5 months. well i would probably do something a bit violent as well. we still shouldnt downsize someone who has enough humility to stand up for what he believes in w/o kickin butt literaly.

PooleeNGN
03-22-06, 11:15 PM
hell i would would have showered his dumba** with spit and throw his a** down and **** on his face

BOOGIEMAN44
03-23-06, 08:18 AM
I Have Just Read This Story From Front To Back, I Can Not Believe Someone Spit On A United States Marine, And Someone Did Not Go To The Hospital !! I Would Have Beat That Azzhole Stupid Untill The Police Showed Up, I Know That We As Marines, Wear That Uniform To Protect "fools" Like That For There Freedom Of Speach And All That, But, We Have The Right To Wear That Uniform, If We Earn It, And I Will Be D*mned, If I Let Someone Spit On It, Jail, Or No Jail, Someone Is Getting An Azz Wooping.

KMichael
03-23-06, 09:18 AM
I'd beath the living crap outta the guy and then ask him for the money to get my uniforms cleaned... Thats just freakin bull crap.... What is this world coming to when we freakin walk up to the people who freakin protect our ways for life and degrade them for something they have no power or day it... But that takes me onto a whole different tangent and I really dont wanna go into all that right now... but yeah.... thats freakin bull crap.... Grrrr.....

Lithium
03-23-06, 03:34 PM
my question would be...who would the cops feel for...a man who is almost dead who spit on a Marine...or a Marine?? Im thinking the latter of the two...

Mama
03-24-06, 04:17 AM
Just let somebody try that if I'm standing around...

Nobody, (and shoot me for this if ya want to) bad mouths a military man (no matter *what* branch, in the end all 5 branches are protecting us civvies) around me...and I can be quite vocal in my support!...

Spittin' on a Marine or any other serviceman in my vicinity gets an immediate butt kicking...after all they get enough crap to deal with without getting crap on their hands from beating up scum like that!

...and my lil poolee can tell ya...

Mama goes bear hunting with a fly swatter!

The Sandman
03-24-06, 04:40 AM
just yell "Sir, take your hands off me!" then beat the hell out of him. when you are done say "****, now i got your blood on my uniform too. Youre paying for this ****, right?" Btw i was spit on once and it is called "assault by contact" in Texas. So is shoving someone. it brings a pretty decent fine. Being government employee would probably raise the cost though.

Lithium
03-24-06, 07:53 AM
Mama goes bear hunting with a fly swatter!

hahaha....lol now thats a kick a$$ mom

Parker-0321
03-24-06, 09:31 AM

i dont know about all that hugging sh*t but im up for stompin some hippies.

if it was me, fresh out of bootcamp, id hit him, id hit him right now and i havent been to bootcamp. knock his lights out, it'd only take one hit and thats all id give him. my spit is too good for some damn treehugger so i wouldnt spit back, id hit him right between the eyes.

i gonna fight for his rights he should at least respect that

fender
03-24-06, 01:45 PM
i gonna fight for his rights he should at least respect that

hell ya. Id like to see some hippie try this on me. In Texas we're raised not to take crap off people w/o a butt woopin.

ooh-rah baby

Tallboot
03-25-06, 03:16 PM
Alot of Cops are Former Marines, I think spitting on a United States Goverment Marine Corps Dress Blues, should be breaking about 200 laws

bigdog43701
03-26-06, 12:19 PM
kid916,

i am a law enforcment officer in ohio. several months ago i was working security at the local mall, when i saw a "goth" female walking around wearing the us flag upside down on the back of her jacket. i walked over to her and asked what the problem was. she asked me what i was talking about and i explained to her that i have been taught that when the us flag is displayed upside down that it was a mark of distress. her responce was that this was a free country and she could wear the flag anyway she liked. i asked if she had any relatives who had fought in a war and she stated that her grandfather fought in WWII and her dad fought in vietnam. i then commented on how proud they must be of her. she then stated that it was her way of expressing how she feels about the iraq war. i stated to her that that was fine, however if an old man comes up to her and blasts her right square in the mouth to remember...he is simply expressing himself.

LittleDevilDog
03-26-06, 05:01 PM
Oooh Raah!!!

That is some good stuff right there, bigdog. Hopefully that veteran "expressed himself."

kid916,

i am a law enforcment officer in ohio. several months ago i was working security at the local mall, when i saw a "goth" female walking around wearing the us flag upside down on the back of her jacket. i walked over to her and asked what the problem was. she asked me what i was talking about and i explained to her that i have been taught that when the us flag is displayed upside down that it was a mark of distress. her responce was that this was a free country and she could wear the flag anyway she liked. i asked if she had any relatives who had fought in a war and she stated that her grandfather fought in WWII and her dad fought in vietnam. i then commented on how proud they must be of her. she then stated that it was her way of expressing how she feels about the iraq war. i stated to her that that was fine, however if an old man comes up to her and blasts her right square in the mouth to remember...he is simply expressing himself.