PDA

View Full Version : Mre

Roadkill200r
03-20-06, 11:46 PM
hello my name is mark moniz. i am new here at leatherneck. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find mres for sale. preferably the military kind with the heaters and all. thank you

Phantom Blooper
03-21-06, 04:22 AM
You can probably get all you can stomach at PI or San Diego. Or during your training after boot camp. And you definitely will tickle your palate with these culinary delights in the fleet. However if you are hellbent on purchasing some you can try this URL http://theepicenter.com/mre_military_meal_ready_to_eat.html

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

marinefamily5
03-21-06, 12:31 PM
you could try EBAY..........seen them on there too, but i would go earn them at Parris Island or out in HOLLYWOOD. ;)

Phantom Blooper
03-21-06, 12:40 PM
http://www.mreinfo.com/buying-mres.html

Ebay Purchasing Update

November 2, 2005: MRE prices on Ebay are INSANE. Auctions are currently closing for $75 - $120 *per case*, not including shipping (which is often inflated. If you can afford to wait to buy MREs, I'd recommend doing so. For the past few years, MRE prices have been around $40-$50 per case and I'm hoping they return there soon. With the two bad hurricanes in 2005 and the panic over the "bird flu", people seem to rushing to stock up on MREs.

Personally, I think MREs are great, but for $100 for 12 meals (+ $20-$30 for shipping), I'd recommend looking into alternate food sources - Mountain House dehydrated food, canned food, single-serving entrees from the grocery store (Dinty Moore, Hormel), or bags of good ol' beans and rice. $120 will buy you a lot of Beef Stew and Spaghetti-O's.

If you absolutely have to buy some MREs right now, try to find a Buy-it-Now for $60. But good luck even with that. I just took a quick look at the auctions and most buy-it-nows were starting at $70 + $30 shipping

Roadkill200r
03-21-06, 03:12 PM
thank you for your help. i have heard about the ebay sales and want to stay away from them. i am leaving for bootcamp on july 24th for MCRDSD. i wanted them for when my family and i ride dirtbikes.

marinefamily5
03-21-06, 03:29 PM
Well after you get to your first duty station you have a chance to get them trust me.........at one time i had as many 4 cases. I was gonna keep them for hunting an stuff like that but one field op I went on for 2 weeks and when I got home my wife had went thru and opened all of them and ate all the good stuff. Talk about someone that was mad...............

Lorix
03-21-06, 06:03 PM
I seen some at the military surplus once.