PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for new workout?

msf
03-19-06, 11:59 PM
im starting a new work out any suggestions are welcomed because i want to know if this will get me prepared and need some advice.

monday:
3 mile run
8 min ab workout
lifting : bench press (3x10), curls (3x10), should press (3x10), leg press (3x10), triceps (3x10), lat pull down (3x10), military pres (3x10) then max pullups
3 sets of max pushups
3 sets of max dips
10 minutes jump roping

tuesday:
either 2 mile run or play basketball
8 min ab workout
5 sets of max pushups
5 sets max crunches

wednesday:
same as monday

thursday:
same as tuesday

friday:
same as monday/wednesday

saturday: off

sunday:
4-5 mile run
3 sets max pushups
3 sets max crunches
8 min abs

note every 2 weeks i will increase mileage by 1/4 mile
stretch everyday

im also taking 100% whey protein to speed up muscle growth

right now im 6'3 230 goal is 200-210 pounds with 80 pushups, 100 crunches, 8 pull ups within 2 months. also i did the 3.1 mile tonight, time was 26:51, hoping to get that down around 21:00 in that 2 months

please im up for suggestions/comments

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-20-06, 12:08 AM
If you are taking whey protein, depending on how much you are taking.... I would suggest replacing breakfast and/or lunch with it, if you are looking to lose weight. You might want to have a piece of fruit and some yogurt, but dont eat full meals until dinner time. I take about 100-140 grams per day, I dont eat much for breakfast and lunch, and i am GAINING weight. How many pull-ups can you do?

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-20-06, 12:19 AM
Also, you might want to give your chest a rest on tuesdays

Shadowman777
03-20-06, 12:25 AM
Looks like you are most of the way there!

You play round ball - so lots of lots of basketball. I know of no faster way to lose weight, and it is great cardio (and much more fun then running long distance). Just watch your ankles.

Hell, I used to drop 8-10 lbs (in just one night) by playing basketball for a couple of hours - and was fighting to keep weight on!

For what it is worth -

Steve

http://mysite.verizon.net/stevebingo/Stevo777-4.gif

Brooklyn
03-20-06, 08:41 AM
I dont eat much for breakfast and lunch, and i am GAINING weight.

You might be slowing your metabolism. Not eating enough makes your body preserve fat, so eating little sometimes will make you gain weight. FWIW

Static_Sky25
03-20-06, 08:50 AM
your doing more PT than we did in boot (per week) and eating less... just eat regular meals (smaller portions, instead of 2-3 of those big cooking spoons of whatever dinner happens to be, we'll say pasta just have one.... ect....) and vary your pushups.. one day do regular sets (4 count Marine style) next time do divebombers (again 4 count and I'll try and scan the instuctions for ya if you need em) after that diamonds after that wide stance ect.... and vary your crunches.. one day work your abs next day work obliques... also try Mt. Climbers and sidestraddle hops... if nothing else it'll help condition you for the quarterdeck ;)

P.S. also try resistance traing not just weights and cardio... (get a folding chair and hold up your bodyweight with your arms while using your heels as a pivot point, hold a 6-8 pound piece of metal pipe straight out and don't let your arms drop... sounds dumb I know but it works.. as you'll learn on Depot)

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-20-06, 11:24 AM
I usally eat atleast a piece of fruit, some yogurt and a breakfast bar for breakfast, and usually turkey, cheese and bacon wrapped in a wheat tortilla and a salad for lunch. And a "normal family dinner".. Along with, like i said, about 120-140 grams of protein a day. Is that enough? or should i be eating more. Im pretty active... run 2-5 miles a day along with about 150-300 pushups a day, and 3 max sets of crunches and pull-ups. Should I be taking more in if I would like to stay at the weight i am at, because as of right now i am gaining weight? thanks for the help.

Brooklyn
03-20-06, 12:02 PM
To speed up your metabolism try eating 5 medium sized meals a day as opposed to 3 big meals, or 6-7 small meals.

I do this because I don't want to tease myself with small portions, and I don't have time during the day to pop off 7 meals.

Also, you're probably gaining weight because you're gaining muscle thanks to the excercise and all that extra protein.

*edit* Come to think of it, I can't see a way for you to not gain weight while taking in whey protein and exercising the way you are.

msf
03-20-06, 09:48 PM
so i do like 3 sets max of regular pushups monday, 4 counts on tuesdya, dive bombers on wednesday, diamonds on thursday and regulars on friday it would be better. all 3 sets max