PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Marine Corps Basic Training

Marine84
03-17-06, 02:01 PM
Hi ya'll - I found this a few months (or so) back - thought it pretty much hit the proverbial nail on the head. Thought ya'll might like to look at it.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/marinebasic.htm

KMichael
03-17-06, 02:17 PM
thanks... already know most of my stuff... general orders, Marine's hymn, rank structures and pay grades... most of the basics that our recruiters are pounding into our heads before we ship out... pretty interesting stuff though... thanks!

HopefulGrunt2Be
03-17-06, 10:05 PM
Anyone who is having trouble getting down the general orders do this: Get some 3x5 notecards and make some flashcards, they work wonders. What i did was write down the number and the first few words to the order. then wrote the whole general order on the other side. learn all the orders first, not worrying about which general order is which number. once you have learned them all, think of something that makes you relate the number of the order to the first few words. using this method i learned them all in 2 days and they are ingraved in my head. I did this about a month ago. I look over them about once a week. I feel very confident about knowing my general orders for boot camp (which i leave for in 15 days).