PDA

View Full Version : Infantry or Motor T?

PooleeFritz43
03-08-06, 08:39 PM
I want some advice from everyone on what you think I should do! When I originally signed up last June I signed up for Motor T (Mechanic) but I leave in about three months for boot and I am starting to seriously think about switching to Infantry. The main reason I want to go Infantry is because I wanna be in the dirt shooting guns and doing the real fighting for our freedom but if I can still get some fighting in doing Motor T than I will probably just stay Motor T. Basically I want to know if Motor T still gets action like Infantry? I need to know what you think ASAP because I dont have much time before I go to boot and I dont think you can change your MOS after you leave for boot. INFANTRY OR MOTOR T....what do you think?

P.S. I also have two brothers in the Army...i know it sucks....but hey at least i know i will always be ten times more hardcore than they will ever be...lol.

Poolee Jeremiah Fritz-June 5th, 2006
"God gets hard-ons for Marines!":devious:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-08-06, 11:02 PM
In times gone by Motor T people wouldn't see much fighting. However, even an occasional glance at the news will show you that more than a few Motor T people are seeing all the combat they want and more. Of course, that doesn't mean it is like being in the infantry either. It depends on what you want from your time in the Marine Corps really. If you want to drive trucks, then drive trucks. If you want to turn wrenches, then turn wrenches. If you want to be a grunt, be a grunt.

cgkades
03-09-06, 01:13 AM
also regardless of your MOS you can always try out for recon and the special forces. you can also try out for SEAL training. there are far more options if you dont like motor t. you can also look at it this way. going motor t you can learn a skill that can help you if you get out. you get to work on hummers and 7 tons and all sorts of cool trucks. and you can still go for special forces

mrmom
03-09-06, 01:44 AM
yo poolee, a gun what the f--k is that?? You fire a weapon. get that straight. Anyway enough from the old MARINE. learn a skill, you can still go RECON. Do what is best for you!!

farva
03-09-06, 02:48 PM
in my eyes theres no better job in the marine corps than infantry

cjdoyle
03-09-06, 03:14 PM
gun ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gn) <br />
n. <br />
1. A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory. <br />
2. A cannon with a long...

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-09-06, 09:38 PM
OK, when is someone going to end the joke and tell the kid that Marines aren't sea animals or green french hat wearers?

cgkades
03-10-06, 01:26 AM
OK, when is someone going to end the joke and tell the kid that Marines aren't sea animals or green french hat wearers?

i suppose thats something he has to figure out for himself :D

Wyoming
03-10-06, 07:14 AM

Let's see, how did it go -

This is my rifle,
This is my gun,
This one's for shooting,
This one's for fun!

PooleeFritz43
03-12-06, 12:51 PM
What the hell is a sea animal and a green french hat wearer? Just wondering because i didnt get the joke.

A.P
03-12-06, 07:50 PM
unless you plan on staying in for 20 years, i wouldnt choose either.. yea sure you can fire a rifle and kill things...but what else can you do? thats what your employer will ask.

Radiofantry
03-12-06, 07:57 PM
What the hell is a sea animal and a green french hat wearer? Just wondering because i didnt get the joke.

Sea Animal = SEALs

Green French Hat Wearer = Green Berets

As far as the joke, I'm not really sure. I think they were inferring that you are overestimating the fighting abilities you'll get from the Marines or something.

Brooklyn
03-12-06, 07:58 PM

If my sense of humor serves me correctly, the sea animal would be a SEAL and the green french hat wearer would be a Green Beret ( Army Special Forces ).

*edit* Whoops someone beat me to it.

Radiofantry
03-12-06, 07:59 PM
If my sense of humor serves me correctly, the sea animal would be a SEAL and the green french hat wearer would be a Green Beret ( Army Special Forces ).

*edit* Whoops someone beat me to it.

Beat ya by a minute :banana:

;)

Brooklyn
03-12-06, 08:00 PM
Beat ya by a minute :banana:

;)

Heh...but my edit beat your response by a minute. ;)

Lithium
03-12-06, 09:02 PM
Whatever you decide Fritz, you help. You know, even if you arent on the front line, you are still serving your country and thats what matters. Being a Mechanic means that you are keeping fellow marines alive by making sure their vehicles are in good working order, and that is just as honorable a job as a grunt on the frontlines. All the people in these forums can do is give you advice, in the end you make the decision.

Good Luck in your decision-making process

jinelson
03-12-06, 09:31 PM
Dang Alex for only 17 you have aquired much wisdom already and what you just said is very true. You have really impressed me and this is only your second post, the fact that I was Motor T has nothing to do with it lol. I just listed you as a buddy here and MSN. I couldnt have said that better myself.

I can hear the grunts thinking bad thoughts about pogues already lmao ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Pogues.jpg

arnoldyG/2/5
03-15-06, 07:29 AM
unless you plan on staying in for 20 years, i wouldnt choose either.. yea sure you can fire a rifle and kill things...but what else can you do? thats what your employer will ask.

Don't listen to shi*t like this!! What you plan on doing when you get out may be important but more importantly, enlist into an MOS that you are reasonably sure you will enjoy. I was infantry myself and had NO PROBLEMS getting a job and an education when I got out. Whatever choice you make, you will still be a Marine!!!

A.P
03-15-06, 10:22 PM
Don't listen to shi*t like this!! What you plan on doing when you get out may be important but more importantly, enlist into an MOS that you are reasonably sure you will enjoy. I was infantry myself and had NO PROBLEMS getting a job and an education when I got out. Whatever choice you make, you will still be a Marine!!!

Well,

you would be biased, being a grunt. I didnt say you wouldnt be able to get a job, but he should keep in mind some jobs offer a better future than others.

Marine84
03-16-06, 08:25 AM
Just having the title will land you a great job when you get out

outlaw3179
03-16-06, 11:11 AM
I can hear the grunts thinking bad thoughts about pogues already lmao ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Pogues.jpg[/QUOTE]

Thats friggin awesome ..Where was that taken Jim?

jinelson
03-16-06, 05:41 PM
Outlaw a grunt buddy of of mine thats been hammering me for 40 years about being a pogue Motor T REMF sent this to me just to get another shot in. He went to PI so it could have been at Camp Lejeune somewhere. By the looks of the Marine on the road its not recent and looks like 60's utilities and 782 gear. I had to laugh when I saw it, just isnt any respect for the guys that bring their ammo, chow and mail no matter where they are.

outlaw3179
03-16-06, 06:48 PM
lol...yeah you know how us grunts are. always *****in but always wishin we had a ride . :)