PDA

View Full Version : The Title of Marine

Cole11
03-02-06, 09:15 PM
You know Ive brought this point up before, but I am going to do it again. On a constant basis I see poolees, not capitalizing OUR Title. This irritates the crap outta me. You would be hard pressed to find a Marine who would not capitalize the Title, and I ask those poolees/wannabes out there to respect OUR Title, its not yours yet, it belongs to us...respect it, I dont need to hear any apologies, just square yourselves away.

gonzo7679
03-02-06, 09:42 PM
You got that right Cole11,your maggots until you have gone thru the rose garden and not until the day of your graduation when the senior drill Instructor stands befor you(DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FEMALE SHEEP) and says;, Plt # so and so(pause)DISMISSSSSED !!! Welcome ABOARD MARINES OR welcome to the rewal world !!!! FMF BABY,FMF

LCplLake
03-02-06, 11:57 PM
Poolees: Listen to the words of the wise and the almighty LCpl Cole... next one to break the rule will become a splattered stain on the bottom of my boot. Heed the advice, or the pay the price. :) LoL.

-Lake

Shadowman777
03-03-06, 07:18 AM
You got that right Cole11,your maggots until you have gone thru the rose garden and not until the day of your graduation when the senior drill Instructor stands befor you(DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FEMALE SHEEP) and says;, Plt # so and so(pause)DISMISSSSSED !!! Welcome ABOARD MARINES OR welcome to the rewal world !!!! FMF BABY,FMF

LOL - ahhh the "rose garden." I have *fond* memories of that.

They call it the "Pit" today Gonz. They have a specially made sand box now for the recruits. Look to the right of 1st BTN.

http://**************/MyMarine/PI0042.jpg

Marine84
03-03-06, 08:05 AM
I'm with you guys - and another thing I hate is when someone calls a Marine a soldier! F__k that! If I had wanted THAT title I would have gone into the Army............bleh............gives me a shiver to even think that thought. Semper Fi ya'll!

Not as lean, not as mean, but STILL a Marine!

IYAOYAS!

Collins
03-03-06, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I was a at a family reunion the other day, and one of my young cousins (like 8 or so) asked me if I was going to be a soldier. Now my first thought was NNNOOOOO!!!!! But ya gotta keep in mind this was a little girl that didn't know the difference. So I grudgingly said sort of, and then explained to her the difference between a MMMarine (emphasize much) and a soldier. Even saying that sort of was difficult.

Brooklyn
03-03-06, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I was a at a family reunion the other day, and one of my young cousins (like 8 or so) asked me if I was going to be a soldier. Now my first thought was NNNOOOOO!!!!! But ya gotta keep in mind this was a little girl that didn't know the difference. So I grudgingly said sort of, and then explained to her the difference between a MMMarine (emphasize much) and a soldier. Even saying that sort of was difficult.

What are the differences you expalined to her?

Collins
03-03-06, 11:14 AM
The first and foremost was the requirements... 100% for the army is 77 PUSH-ups (I seriously do 40 - 60 when I am bored and have nothing to do), 2 mile run, and no were near the same amount of sit ups. Every thing else was mostly opinionated statements. It was funny though, because my uncle was in the army, so him and I give each other a hard time, all the time

Brooklyn
03-03-06, 11:24 AM
Yea, that's actually the part I was interested in--the opinionated statements.

What were they if you don't mind telling?

BTW, I just read that 71 pushups will give you a solid 100 on their PFT. 77 is probably legendary amoung the soldiers-in-trainiing.

Collins
03-03-06, 11:46 AM
LOL, that is just pathetic. 71 damn push-ups... anyway, I told her that the Marines are closer to one another than any other branch, that in the army they just kinda... do whatever. I also told her that at pool functions while the poolees are out there eating asphalt or doing chin-ups The Army recruiter is out in front of his office, by himself mind you, that he is sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette watching us PT. Now, if you were gung ho about the military, you just didn't know which branch, and you rolled your car up to that situation, what would you choose? And that in the Marines you HAVE to qualify as rifle expert at least (don't know what the regulation is for the army, and quite frankly, I don't want to know). And if you have a pit fight with a Marine, a soldier, a sailor, and an airman, the Marine will be the last man standing. In that particular fight, I'd say the airman goes down first, then the sailor, and then finally the soldier would drop. And the fact that no matter where the army goes, they are always wearing BDU's. can you tell me what BDU stands for. Battle Dress Uniform. BATTLE Dress Uniform. That is very unprofessional, in my opinion. Besides, they are some of the most lethargic group of people you'll meet. The Air Force at least have regulations and deadlines, and the Navy has to make sure their ships don't crash and burn. But I also have to give credit to the Army for one thing; they have infantry. The Air Force spends one day out of all thier training on small arms, and we are the navy's infantry.

Brooklyn
03-03-06, 11:50 AM
LOL, she'll be at PI in ten years.

outlaw3179
03-03-06, 11:52 AM

you should have thrashed her

Collins
03-03-06, 11:54 AM
hehehe, I'm good at glorifying things, particularly things I care about. Even though I did just bash the Army to smithereens, I'd have to say I'd join them as a second choice, Air Force as a 3rd, and (this doesn't leave this board for the fact that I don't need **** from sailors when I'm on thier boat) the navy last.

Collins
03-03-06, 11:56 AM
Her mother, my aunt, was 20 ft. away.

CrazyBrave83
03-03-06, 12:11 PM
S'ok. If she wondered why you were PTing the hell out of her daughter, you could just look at her and go "ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME? ON YOUR FACE NOW GET SOME NOW!"

Thrashing for all.

Old Marine
03-04-06, 08:26 AM
Unless you have been in any of our United States armed forces I would suggest you do not cut them down. It takes all of them to win most conflicts and if you think the Marine Corps can do it alone you better wake up from your dream.

You D.I. is going to tell you that you can kick hell out of 3 or four personnel from any other branch of the service and if you believe that then you better get a reality check.

Phantom Blooper
03-04-06, 08:59 AM
And that in the Marines you HAVE to qualify as rifle expert at least

Negative...you have to qualify at least Marksman..Outstanding to qualify expert but it is not a requirement.

Agreeing with Old Marine,until you walk the walk and are able to talk the talk by becoming one of the few the proud the Marines on the graduation grinder,DON'T bad mouth a sister service....since you still haven't made it to the yellow footprints. If you do bad mouth which is natural for all branches defending their own don't make you opinions public,Until you EARN a the title of "MARINE".There are many on these boards that have siblings,sons and daughters in the sister services that have made it to their services grinder or auditorium graduation and they are proud of them.

Even though they are not Marines they are needed to defend and guard this country and our nations interest here and on foreign shores.And until you have this title they are looking out for you and your families interest and welfare here and abroad!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

CrazyBrave83
03-04-06, 09:43 AM
And if you have a pit fight with a Marine, a soldier, a sailor, and an airman, the Marine will be the last man standing. In that particular fight, I'd say the airman goes down first, then the sailor, and then finally the soldier would drop. And the fact that no matter where the army goes, they are always wearing BDU's. can you tell me what BDU stands for. Battle Dress Uniform. BATTLE Dress Uniform. That is very unprofessional, in my opinion. Besides, they are some of the most lethargic group of people you'll meet. The Air Force at least have regulations and deadlines, and the Navy has to make sure their ships don't crash and burn. But I also have to give credit to the Army for one thing; they have infantry. The Air Force spends one day out of all thier training on small arms, and we are the navy's infantry.

hahaah, this is outstanding. You gave me a good laugh, Poolee...especially the 'pit fight' comment.

So, if you took a Zoomie who happened to be a professional fighter prior to enlisting and put him in a ring with a Marine, the Marine would automatically win? That's hogwash and you know it.

Listen I joined the Corps because of the Warrior mythos, because I LOVE the Marine Corps. But to say that a Marine is invincible as compared to other servicemembers is absurd. You're on the same side, start acting like it. And Marines can be hurt and die like any other. But to basically say the other branches are window dressing is crazy. Without them the Corps would be screwed...and any Marine with logic in his brain housing will tell you exactly that. The Corps has the balls but it simply doesn't have the manpower or funding to carry on something without it's sister services.

I wont even further go into the 'pit fight' comment...fantasy situations need not be pined over. It'd be good for a comic book, man...but there are far too many unknowns out here in the real world.

outlaw3179
03-04-06, 10:26 AM
Chuck Norris could beat everybody up

CrazyBrave83
03-04-06, 12:56 PM
Chuck Norris could beat everybody up

Chuck Norris was AF. :eek:

Old Marine
03-05-06, 08:21 AM
Lee Marvin took one in the Azz. Oh, I forgot he was a Marine and was invinceable.

rb1651
03-05-06, 09:53 AM
I wonder how many of our poolee's know that the loveable Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was a Navy SEAL with 25 confirmed kills in Viet Nam? I personally wouldn't want to p*** him off by saying I'm better than him because I have the title of Marine.

As others have stated, all the Armed Forces have a particular job to do. We may tease each other about the branch of service we are or were in, but when the s**t hits the fan, and a fellow service member is in trouble, (i.e. BAT 21, for example) all branches pull together to get the job done. That's what teamwork is all about.

Radiofantry
03-05-06, 10:46 AM
I wonder how many of our poolee's know that the loveable Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was a Navy SEAL with 25 confirmed kills in Viet Nam? I personally wouldn't want to p*** him off by saying I'm better than him because I have the title of Marine.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Fred Rogers served as a sniper or as a Navy Seal during the Vietnam War, with a large number of confirmed kills to his credit. This same rumor has often been applied to boyish country singer-songwriter <nobr>John Denver</nobr> (http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/denver.htm) (among others), and it's just as false when told of Fred Rogers. Not only did Fred Rogers never serve in the military, there are no gaps in his career when he could conceivably have served in the military — he went straight into college after high school, he moved directly into TV work after graduating college, and his breaks from television work were devoted to attending the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (he was ordained as a Presbyterian minister in 1963) and the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Child Development. Moreover, Fred Rogers was born in 1928 and was therefore too old to have enlisted in the armed services by the time of America's military involvement in Vietnam.

I really have to wonder where these rumors gets started. :)

outlaw3179
03-05-06, 11:26 AM
I posted this on another thread but ill post it again. :)

Top 30 facts about Chuck Norris

1. Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has
never cried.
2. Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
3. Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting
infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes
killing.
4. Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
5. Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his
rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts
ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized,
Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took
his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony,
couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it
coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of
the month.
6. If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you
can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away
from death.
7. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he
checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
8. Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law
and Order are trademarked names for his left and right
legs.
9. The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
10. Chuck Norris built a time machine and went back in
time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot,
Chuck met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting
them. JFK's head exploded out of sheer amazement.
11. When Chuck Norris sends in his taxes, he sends
blank forms and includes only a picture of himself,
crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has not had
to pay taxes ever.
12. Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why
there are no signs of life there.
13. They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it
wouldn't take **** from anybody.
14. As a teen Chuck Norris impregnated every nun in a
convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine
months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami
Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in
professional football history.
15. To prove it isn't that big of a deal to beat
cancer. Chuck Norris smoked 15 cartons of cigarettes a
day for 2 years and aquired 7 different kinds of
cancer only to rid them from his body by flexing for
30 minutes. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.
16. Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not
because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, but the
dark is afraid of Chuck Norris
17. A blind man once stepped on Chuck Norris' shoe.
Chuck replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Chuck
Norris!" The mere mention of his name cured this man
blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this
man ever saw, was a fatal roundhouse delivered by
Chuck Norris.
18. Chuck Norris can touch MC Hammer.
19. Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses
are hung like Chuck Norris
20. Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and
got one.
21. Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one
hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with
his waitress.
22. Chuck Norris appeared in the "Street Fighter II"
video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because
every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When
asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no
glitch."
23. Chuck Norris was going to spend a relaxing day
watching television when one of those commercials for
Trix cereal came on. Angered by what he saw, Chuck
Norris spent the rest of his, what was supposed to be
a relaxing day, punching every child he came across.
He would then shout at them, “Trix are for Chuck
Norris.”
24. If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the ****
down.
25. According to Einstein's theory of relativity,
Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you
yesterday.
26. Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live.
27. Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them
down until he gets the information he wants.
28. Chuck Norris was the fourth Wiseman. He brought
baby Jesus the gift of "beard". Jesus wore it proudly
to his dying day. The other Wisemen, jealous of Jesus'
obvious gift favoritism, used their combined influence
to have Chuck omitted from the Bible. Shortly after
all three died of roundhouse kick related deaths.
29. A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this
spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact
a warning, that the spot belongs to Chuck Norris and
that you will be handicapped if you park there.
30. Achilles was supposedly the greatest warrior of
all time, but he died because of his weak spot, the
Achilles tendon. There is no Chuck Norris tendon

rb1651
03-05-06, 09:04 PM
MK, Thanks for setting me straight. I obviously did not do my research as I should have. To the Poolees and others, I apologize for giving bad info. Lesson learned. Proves once again to not believe what is said. (Unless it comes from your Drill Instructor!!!!)

Thanks again, Bro.

jchamberlain
03-06-06, 01:01 AM
WELL, I'LL BE *******ED! I GUESS WE JUST WHAT EVER THE F-CK WE WANNA DO! I GUESS POOLEES JUST TALK AMONGST THEMSELVES! DRILL INSTRUCTORS...... CARRY OUT THE PLAN OF THE DAY! KILL THESE WORTHLESS PILES OF AMPHIBIAN ****!:evilgrin:

I'm just f-ckin with you. It's not that bad........yet.

they just don't know, do they Devil Dogs?

GET SOME!!!

DuckSauce
03-07-06, 03:50 PM
A squared away Marine just stands out in the crowd, nothing else is needed. People know you're a Marine. End of story.

Collins
03-07-06, 07:32 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, first and foremost you are all throwing this WAY out of proportion. I never badmouthed ANY branch of the military, I just said that the Marines were the best, and poked fun at the other branches lower requirements. No offense, but I am signing up to put my life on the line to have the freedom to say that, so don't ream me on that subject. and about the pit-fight zoomie expert fighter, you are right. but you can throw all kinds of ifs in there and change the entire context of my point. so since you are going to make me get technical, let me be more direct. If those same 4 guys lived thier lives exactly the same, snicker bar for snicker bar, weight lift by weight lift, and thier only difference was the branch the joined, then it would (in my opinion, since Americans have that luxury) yield the results as above.

CrazyBrave83
03-07-06, 08:07 PM
No offense, but I am signing up to put my life on the line to have the freedom to say that, so don't ream me on that subject.

I'm here in America too, So I have an opinion. And mine happened to be simply that hypothetical situations are simply hypothetical, and there's really no point debating who would win in a fight, since ultimately you'll be fighting a completely different opponent.

Now if it were a US Marine vs. a Hadji? :banana:

marinegirl
03-07-06, 09:28 PM
Ill take um' all on!!

Rdy2gopoolie
03-07-06, 09:30 PM
Sorry i was on my girlfriends screenname. That was me said "Ill take um' all on!!" :) ::wink wink::

Phantom Blooper
03-07-06, 09:48 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, first and foremost you are all throwing this WAY out of proportion. I never badmouthed ANY branch of the military

hehehe, I'm good at glorifying things, particularly things I care about. Even though I did just bash the Army to smithereens

Reveille was at 0430 this morning.That was not however my birth call to my Marine Corps! Get your mouth straight before you engage foot! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Phantom Blooper
03-07-06, 10:19 PM
No offense, but I am signing up to put my life on the line to have the freedom to say that, so don't ream me on that subject

Congratulations! There have been many military men and women that have come before and after me living and deceased, that have put their lives on the line. As of yet, until you take the final march off the grinder THOSE sister services are not Marines but THEYare helping the Marines by giving you, I and all the freedom and the right to say the above! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Collins
03-08-06, 09:52 AM
You are absolutely right, Phantom, and you are proving my point all the better. Millions upon millions of people have died for my right to say what I want when I want. Yeah, I know I said I bashed...

jryanjack
03-08-06, 12:47 PM
Collins,

I suggest that you start learning a little more respect before you take that tone with a Marine SNCO.

And you are wrong. You talk about things that you do not know half as much as you think you do, which is the point of the problem. Once you have graduated from boot camp and earned the title Marine then you can come back here and tell us all how much harder it was then anything else. And then you can poke fun at the other services all you want, but until then show some damn respect.

Phantom Blooper
03-08-06, 05:37 PM
Thanks jryanjack!

Poolee Collins,son I have skivvies older than you! You do need to show respect before respect from me is given. I stated nothing to you other than what you posted. With your misinformed information and your verbal rant.

so if it is wrong to love my corps

Love of the United States Marine Corps is a great thing.However you need to back up and regroup 380 degrees before you start calling it your Marine Corps!

You are a poolee you haven't earned that title yet. Even when you do...you need to show the respect to your seniors and for that matter to be a leader to your juniors. I am happy that you want to be a Marine and I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. I would however caution not to be over zealous with your mouth!

Y'know, I am getting tired of this argument,

In the first place don't get your shorts in a bunch because this was not an argument it was stated fact from the above posts of what you typed and what you posted!

Put forth your 110%.And continue to do so, as it will hopefully take you far in the Marine Corps and in life. And as stated above I do wish you the best of luck in your poolee functions,recruit training and your Marine Corps career.

Also while training and studying,study the articles of the UCMJ,because you are in fact GUILTY of insubordination.

HAVE A NICE DAY! :)

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

G G Y
03-10-06, 06:37 PM
Phantom Blooper well said. I do beleve that a good, big mean is going to get Poolee Collins in the right fram of mind and Collines is not going to like it. He will learn or he will be out.

G G Y
03-10-06, 06:40 PM
I mean that "a good, big mean DI"