PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

jusa145
02-22-06, 06:26 PM
hey i was wondering how the recruiting process acually goes. i heard that you that the asvabs and dependin on your score they give you suggestions of what MOS they would like you to go into. I was...

Shadowman777
02-24-06, 01:10 AM
No. A dishonorable discharge would require that one does something that is "dishonoring" to this country. This is difficult to get unless this nation is at war. Spying for a foreign nation would...

christine_06
02-24-06, 12:50 PM
the recruiting process isn't that bad, i've been through it, it's a lot of paperwork and when you are filling out your paperwork out so you can go to MEPS depending on your ASVAB score is to what job choice that you'll go to MEPS with and then if you qualify at MEPS then you'll sign on to your job and get a set date to ship to boot camp. if you have any other questions just ask. --Christine

marineske2002
03-09-06, 10:44 AM
there is actually one thing you have got to worry about that i have seen throughout the Marine Corps, getting the MOS you want. i have known a lot of Marines that the MOS they got was not the one they wanted. if by chance your recruiters say that your MOS is not open DO NOT GO OPEN CONTRACT, that would be the fastest way to get an MOS you dont want. find another that you like. just a little advise.

Big Murph
03-09-06, 12:42 PM
The way this all works is that when you decide that you want to be a United States Marine, then you would go and take the test & physical. If your school offers the test then take it there. Most of the time when it comes to picking a job that you want to do, it's hard because you have to take a lot into account. What I mean by that is that you have to remember that there are young men and women joining the Marines everyday across the country, so the job you want to do might not be there because of when you decide to join. There are time lines to a lot of these jobs. So what I'm saying is that if you want to do this and you have an idea about what job you want to do, it's best if you join right when you become a senior in high school.

GySgtRet
03-09-06, 12:51 PM
If there are seats availabe you will then have a set for that school. Even if you were to go into infantry there are seats that need to be filled. I have said this before it is the needs of the Marine Corps and not neccasarrily what you want to do. Open ended enlistment does not always mean that you will be in an MOS that you do not prefer to be in.

Marine84
03-09-06, 01:21 PM
I went in open contract and ended up in Ordnance - OOOORAH! I loved it and my country ass thought I would be typing or something REALLY boring. I thought they were crazy as hell letting me play with explosive stuff but..........who knew?

AmyG
03-09-06, 06:22 PM
This is how it went and is still going for me. I told my recruiter I wanted to be a Marine. We'd met before, only then I'd wanted to go officer, so he already knew why I wanted to be a Marine, so we didn't have to do much talking at all. We set a date and I came in to talk about what I want to do and get any questions answered and fill out some paperwork. Then we set up another date for me to go to MEPS. I went there Tuesday evening, took the ASVAB (score-97), and then went to the hotel. Checked in, got briefed about the next day, went to bed. Up at 4:00 the next morning, on the bus at 5:00, got to MEPS 5-10 minutes later. Did the physical, filled out more paperwork, passed the physical. Then something came up about me having a homeschool highschool diploma. Seems that is the same as having a GED. Well, I took the crunches and flexed arm hang part of the IST (63 crunches and 55 sec hang), I talked with a captain, he wrote a statement, filled out some paperwork, I wrote an essay about why I wanted to be a Marine, and all this was sent to two commanding generals, one at San Diego and the other at headquarters I believe. The one in SD signed that day. I went home, and this morning the other signed. Now I leave Friday night for MEPS, and Saturday I will go over my MOS, sign more paperwork, and I will swear in Saturday morning. From there on, it will be all down hill till I hit PI.

That's the order it went and will go for me.

Big Murph
03-10-06, 12:50 AM
If there are seats availabe you will then have a set for that school. Even if you were to go into infantry there are seats that need to be filled. I have said this before it is the needs of the Marine Corps and not neccasarrily what you want to do. Open ended enlistment does not always mean that you will be in an MOS that you do not prefer to be in.

Yes, I understand that the Marine Corps has to fill the job it's low in but an applicant still has the opportunty to pick what job they want to do. This is where a lot of rumors come from because young men and women think that they will be told exactly what job they are going to do before they even join the Marines. We have to start be truthfully about what is going on in the recruiting world and stop BS'ing these potential Marines.

KMichael
03-10-06, 09:19 AM
Well... It all depends if your recruiter can read you or not... Mine will talk to someone for 5 minutes and will decide if they're worth his time or not... Anyway... You go take the ASVAB... Go to MEPS and get your ship date and all that stuff... Your score on the ASVAB determines what jobs you're qualified for... Me... i scored a 71 and made it into the band... (min score for tht is a 35... go figure...) anyway... thats about how it goes down... Semper Fi!

Radiofantry
03-10-06, 12:34 PM
ASVAB (score-97)

Hah! You beat me by 1 point. Beaten by a girl, what has the world come to.

P.S.

Please don't kill me I'm just kidding around :P