PDA

View Full Version : Back Concerns

bhbroussard
02-21-06, 10:24 PM
I wait tables right now while I'm in school. Every night my back kills me. I work a 6-8 hour shift with no breaks and no sitting down lifting trays with food. I am concerned if my back will be able to handle boot camp and then my infantry MOS thereafter?? Can anyone help, maybe offer some things to try that may simulate training in boot camp?? Thanks

The Sandman
02-21-06, 10:41 PM
if you have insurance tell your doctor you want an MRI. if you dont then tell your boss you want to do something else for a week and see if it gets better.

bhbroussard
02-21-06, 10:46 PM
Had a doctor take x-rays and said no medical concerns. He said might just be genetics. I am currently working a desk job too. If I happen to work all day, my back also hurts from sitting up in the chair. Seems they all make it hurt. Not sure what to do, I have an infantry MOS. I truthfully want to go to Sniper school. ??

The Sandman
02-21-06, 10:53 PM
If a doc says no medical concerns then i would proceed as planned. there are risks in everything. Just go for it. also bear in mind if you are hard on your back then it will hurt. in d-line you would wear a drum all day and never really got used to it.

Zippo
02-22-06, 09:17 AM
the same thing happened to me working at a restaurant.
but never anywhere else. and i've played sports and been pretty active my whole life and never had any problem with it before. i'm thinking it must be something related to workin at restaurants.

bhbroussard
02-22-06, 12:04 PM
Thanks Zippo that makes me feel more confident about it.

Rdy2gopoolie
02-22-06, 02:26 PM
Lol. I dont know about you but i had similar problems and i was told to stregthen my core muscels i.e. do lots of situps, crunches, etc. hope that helps.

Zippo
02-22-06, 03:52 PM
Thanks Zippo that makes me feel more confident about it.

yea bro, when i read what you said it made me feel better about it too lol!
i was glad to find out someone else has had the same problem.. must be semi-normal.