PDA

View Full Version : ???

Rdy2gopoolie
02-21-06, 07:16 PM
I just heard that there is NO female's in the 03xx field. Is that true?

Radiofantry
02-21-06, 07:23 PM
Yep. Women aren't in direct combat positions.

Smalcom
02-21-06, 08:09 PM
correct... no females in combat arm specialites... Infantry/Armor/Artillery

everything else is open to them (with a few exceptions)

KMichael
02-21-06, 08:12 PM
as much bull as it is... yeah... no females in a direct combat position...

Rdy2gopoolie
02-21-06, 08:27 PM
Whoa that sux!! Anyone know the reason?

Smalcom
02-21-06, 08:49 PM
are you kidding me.... women cant hold up to the combat stress... and are naturally weaker and slower then men... also the problems with that time of the month.... and most men couldnt stand watching a woman get blown apart and try to save the unsavable women while men die... also (idk if this has any purpose here) but it says in the bible that "no woman should ever face the rigors of war" (or something to that extent)

Radiofantry
02-21-06, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it's because women, naturally, don't have the same amount of strength and such as men. And things like morale. If you've got 1 girl and 5 guys, there's a chance they will be fighting over here, etc.

And the fact that it makes a lot of men really uncomfortable to see women getting hurt, or being in danger, so they might focus more on protecting her than accomplishing the mission.

I agree with some of it, but some of the reasons are pretty lame, and most of them were given for not letting minorities into the military.

Smalcom
02-21-06, 08:51 PM
true

Smalcom
02-21-06, 08:57 PM
im sure infantry squad and platoon leaders wouldnt really like having to take care of the women... which im sure they would have to (no offense to anyone)

outlaw3179
02-21-06, 09:20 PM
Damn skippy thats true!

outlaw3179
02-21-06, 09:26 PM
Although women are not allowed to be in combat arms ,many women in Iraq right now have distinguished themselves in battle. Many have earned bronze and silver stars wich are designated awards earned during battle for heroism. Semper Fi Chicks!

Radiofantry
02-21-06, 09:37 PM
Although women are not allowed to be in combat arms ,many women in Iraq right now have distinguished themselves in battle. Many have earned bronze and silver stars wich are designated awards earned during battle for heroism. Semper Fi Chicks!

I believe that one of the obstacles in the crucible is also named after a woman, who ran into a burning building multiple times to rescue people.

VaMarine
02-22-06, 04:59 AM
The reason women are not allowed into Combat Arms is that the United States Congress Forbids it. Plain and simple that is the only reason...

Everything else might have been used as reasons as to why not to let them into but none have been substantiated and as well the law is the law...

jryanjack
02-22-06, 07:47 AM
VA Marine has it!

My last unit was a headquarters unit which had WM's assigned. I have mixed feelings about them - some where the biggest ****birds I've ever seen, others were more than able to hold their own with any Marine, male or female. We had one Motor T Sgt who could score a 300 PFT - the male Marine PFT - i.e. pull-ups and a 3 mile run. I know that I would have gone to war with her without a question.

Rdy2gopoolie
02-22-06, 02:24 PM
Wow. Thats crazy.